User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Katy Perry?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 678910 Last

Thread: Katy Perry

Javo:

It's an assumption that the "moralistic position" was chosen rather than a genuine reflection of her perspective on spiritual issues.
    Perceivers can be moralistic too. And when they do that they are behaving like Judgers.

When you look at the public image of Katy her invocation of some "moral" foundation to criticize her competition indicates a conflict to say the least.
    “Sheldon considers human beings as they really are - psycho-physical wholes.”

“the first serious advance of the science of man since Aristotle”

“For the first time the old insights and intuitions about the different kinds of human beings have been clarified and put on a firmly objective and measurable basis.”
    ___“Aldous Huxley/ A Biography” Sybille Bedford, 1974

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I think she is an ESTP, she seems really outgoing, fun-loving, and free-spirited but with a hard, sassy edge.
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    I just realized that Babylon Candle already posted the video above earlier in the thread.

Where do you get the J from? I'm asking not as a challenge, but because I wonder if there's something I missed. She seems to like spontaneity, unstructured life, going with the flow, and being open to new things. She surprised-crashed a prom, and has a Sanskrit tattoo on her arm which says "go with the flow."
    I think I saw blunt Te-Ni in her but it could as well be blunt but goofy Ne-Ti. Now that I am thinking about it more, I might just stick with ENTP, my first guess. She doesn't seem very scattered though, more like structured fun. She acts open/spontaneous/flexible but she seems very calculating and articulate, which is true for ENTPs. It's a puzzle. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Psychdigg View Post
    When you look at the public image of Katy her invocation of some "moral" foundation to criticize her competition indicates a conflict to say the least.
    I don't agree. She presents a sexual image, but being sexual is part of being human. Some are more open or obvious about it than others, and this doesn't make them immoral. It only makes them more openly human. Profaning that which many hold sacred is not part of being human, and is more clearly an issue of spiritual morality.

BusinessWorld Online Edition | Philippine Business News & Analysis: Katy Perry: Girlie action
    Nor does she regret having sent a caustic Twitter message about blasphemy just hours after the premiere of Gaga’s "Alejandro" video.

"[Spirituality] is just important to me," she says. "The details of the importance are still to be determined, I guess… It’s one of those things that as the older you get and the farther you try to run away from your parents, you just turn right around and they are embedded into your DNA."
    Quote Originally Posted by Robopop View Post
    I think she is an ESTP, she seems really outgoing, fun-loving, and free-spirited but with a hard, sassy edge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    I think I saw blunt Te-Ni in her but it could as well be blunt but goofy Ne-Ti. Now that I am thinking about it more, I might just stick with ENTP, my first guess. She doesn't seem very scattered though, more like structured fun. She acts open/spontaneous/flexible but she seems very calculating and articulate, which is true for ENTPs. It's a puzzle. What do you think?
    I agree with these impressions, Robopop and Rebe. I see her as ExTP. I'm leaning slightly toward ENTP for these reasons:

1. She seemed to choose wording carefully (Ti) in the youtube interview, such as carefully not trying to be arrogant by saying something like "once you've achieved... a little bit of fame".

2. Seemed to focus in on the meaning of the youtube user names a little more than I'd expect from an S rather than taking them at face value. This seemed to show Ti + Ne.

3. She knows she's being strategically superficial:
    In one video blog post, she said something like, "Welcome to my blog. I'm sorry it's just full of silly little things, but that's just part of life. "

BusinessWorld Online Edition | Philippine Business News & Analysis: Katy Perry: Girlie action
    Perry is the first to admit that "Gurls" doesn’t quite boost her artistic credibility. "I’m not saying, 'Oh, my God! "California Gurls" is a... genius opus!' Perry says. "I just know what kind of card this summer needs, and that’s the one I'm playing."
    4. Intuitively, she seems like many of my ENTP friends in many ways. In fact, one of them (confirmed ENTP by taking official MBTI) was a student leader on campus who was frequently criticized for being too superficial and childishly playful.

5. In "I Kissed a Girl," the line "You're my experimental game" sounds very ENTP-ish: Using Ne to explore the possibilities and then evaluating the experiment with Ti later.
    Last edited by JAVO; 08-20-2010 at 02:24 PM. Reason: added #5

Javo: I feel that she could easily be mistaken for an ENTP. That's not a big mistake.
    It is quibbling over introversion and extroversion and my classification system would make her ambiverted but slightly Extraverted which is to say that it is variable enough in her makeup that it isn't significant.

Her somatotype is Endo = 3 Meso = 3.5 Ecto = 5.5 Balance = 5.5 (Balance refers to degree of balance in the first three components.) So her systems would be ranked as follows:

Primary = Ecto Secondary = Balance Tertiary = Meso and Shadow = Endo

My brief description of her temperament: Searching (orientational) for Identity, Status, Self-Esteem (nervous). Avoids: Attachment, Surrender & Compromise. (Visceral)

This translates into Jung Terminology as Primary: Thinking Secondary Intuition
    Tertiary = Sensation Shadow = Feeling.

I and E and P and J are really derivatives of F,T,S,& N so in my system they are of secondary importance.

I remain committed to INTJ. ENTP could be the result of having to sell yourself to the public. If she is being interviewed she is definitely selling and could appear as an ENTP and that's why ENTP is not a bad choice. I believe my system really cuts through that surface to the core genotype of the person. After all you are "some-BODY" and it is the BODY you are born with.

“For the first time the old insights and intuitions about the different kinds of human beings have been clarified and put on a firmly objective and measurable basis.”

Quote Originally Posted by Psychdigg View Post

After all you are "some-BODY" and it is the BODY you are born with.
    Simple case: how would you then explain my sister and me; we look almost identical, some people confuse us for twins, but we are completely different as personalities. COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. Interests, thinkings, taste, MBTI type (she's ESTJ).
    Our body type is definately the same.
    there are so many examples like this that are so obvious and bring your somatotypes into question, i just wonder how you explain such things?

Chloe: Somatotype is your genotype. It is your constitutional type. Your MBTI, Enneagram, Socionics, DISC type is a description of your phenotype or adapted type.
    Everyone makes their own adaptations and the type that shows up on tests is the adapted type.

When you mention being mistaken for twins it brings up the fact that twins are generally very similar in personality, intelligence etc. But the real question is why are twins also so different? There is no doubt that people make decisions that have profound effects on their lives and that sometimes these decisions are effectively the same as a coin flip.

Adaptability is essential for human survival. Even with typologies no two ENFP's or whatever are going to be exactly alike. And that's my biggest objections to most typologies. They over-describe people. Some elements of the descriptions may or may not fit. That's why I prefer a biologically oriented approach that states in just one or two basic sentences what a person WANTS, their preferred METHOD of satisfying their WANTS and what they AVOID or DON'T WANT.

I have to take your word that you and your sister are identical somatotypes. You may recall that you are right on the border of ENFP and INTP. Your sister may have crossed over that border to INTP and that would be an acceptable adaptation. However if she is testing as an ESTJ that is an extreme difference. This can be caused by various stresses. For instance it can make a big difference on how attractive a person is. An attractive woman has more options to choose well or choose poorly. I'll leave it to you and your sister to work that out.

Basically she has pushed back her hopes and replaced it with adventure or some kind of intense experience. And this is where it could get personal and I hate to go here. Usually the biggest disappointments in life are with life partners and the intense experience sought is often sexual in nature.

Let me repeat this is not absolute but this is a familiar pattern. I don't like to get into explaining the causes of a major shift from a type that would be indicated by somatotype because this is something that should be handled by a professional therapist.

There are two more possibilities. 1. Sometimes the results of an MBTI test are wrong. 2. Your sister might really be an ESTJ and a have a somatotype that is different from yours.

Anyone have any typology insights from KP's recent Letterman interview on 8/24/2010?

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjhcJA6O1PA"].[/YOUTUBE]

I thought these seemed like xNTP witticisms:

"you're hot and you're cold" comment at 0:36
    "very engaging" comment at 1:28

Or maybe they were scripted?

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

xSTP. Maybe I. Protestant upbringing will do that to you. I should know.

And was it me or is she starting to develop british inflection because of her fiance?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    I thought these seemed like xNTP witticisms:

"you're hot and you're cold" comment at 0:36
    "very engaging" comment at 1:28

Or maybe they were scripted?
    Ne or Se? I thought the hot and cold comment wasn't exactly deduced from logic lol, it was more of a random connection. Question is, was it really far out Ne style or immediately out Se style. It really did seem like Ne. Hot and Cold sounded rather scripted though, ice-breaker-ish.
    5 3 9