User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Katy Perry?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 1234513 Last

Thread: Katy Perry

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

SP for her.

And I think she's gorgeous. Just figured I'd throw that out there.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by me_plus_one View Post
    See????

That's why I say she is so fake. I mean, from Christian music jumping to "gay" people and kissing girls? Come on, this is surely a witty manoeuvre to trick us.

And to me, she seems an ENTJ concealed by an ESFP facade.

edit: actually, she might be an ENTP, but the fact that she wants to make it to the top makes me think of ENTJ.
    Wow, you got ENTP too?

She doesn't come off as particularly friendly or nice. She is engaged with the world and can be cheerful though. When she smiles or seems happy it's more that she's enthusiastic about things than warm.

Even when she was a guest judge on American Idol she didn't seem to be "on" at all and didn't put on an "extra nice behavior" act. From the clips at least it seemed like she was actually a tough judge, no nonsense, not sentimental or sympathetic at all. And she didn't seem bubbly or upbeat or high energy (like Paula Abdul). As an artist, she's cheeky.

I don't ESFX at all. I don't think ENFX either. I could see EXTX.

FWIW, it was interesting to me to contrast her with Victoria Beckam. I always thought Victoria Beckham would be an ice queen but on American Idol she's actually very soft spoken and nice and I thought Katy Perry would be more like Paula Abdul.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    She's crafty in terms of street-smarts but probably not on a Machiavellian level.

What we've seen:
    She's pragmatic.
    She changed her image to better conform to success and what she wanted to do with her life.
    Results drove the change.
    And she doesn't give the impression of agonizing over it.
    Sounds ESTJ for me. ESFP? No way. Where the fuck do you peoples see Fi with her?
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Sounds ESTJ for me. ESFP? No way. Where the fuck do you peoples see Fi with her?
    I think attempting to evaluate people based on "where you see Fi" is a fruitless endeavor.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

I think she's ESTP.

This interview provided some insight into her personality:
    Katy Perry: Interview

Even the photo screams xSTP!

"...I think people should check out my music it’s fun and funny..."

"...lyrics are important to me. There are a few songs that will make you cry, but there are others to make you dance and sing. Every song is on the album for a specific reason."

"What do most people not know about recording an album?
    One of the unique things about me recording is that I like to put down the vocal track with all the lights off in the studio. If I remember the lyrics, I don’t want anything to get in the way. I want to be a voice in the darkness. That’s not weird is it? It’s not like I’m naked or anything."

"But nothing beats being up on stage in front of all that energy."

I assume she wrote this song, and it sounds xSTP:
    Self Inflicted lyrics

It's ironic that I'm off to see my ESTP optometrist/friend for an eye exam in a few hours. Last time she referred to it as my "eye torture session."

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

ISFP. in person she's quite reserved and quiet. (I know as I met her via watching an interview), and she's quite about her "own" style.

reminds me of my isfp cousin in her interviews.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by me_plus_one View Post
    And to me, she seems an ENTJ concealed by an ESFP facade.
    Good typing! I'd say more an ESTJ with an ESFP facade
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

i had no idea she was religious. as for type, i'd say ESFP. here is a pretty good interview with her. she doesn't come across to me at all as introverted.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    She's crafty in terms of street-smarts but probably not on a Machiavellian level.

What we've seen:
    She's pragmatic.
    She changed her image to better conform to success and what she wanted to do with her life.
    Results drove the change.
    And she doesn't give the impression of agonizing over it.

Nor were the decisions seemingly calculated in purely cerebral fashion, nor is her music "bad," she seems to have some flair and talent for that type of bubblegum rock; she definitely knows how to craft a hook. A calculating NT could tell themselves to "play an SFP" role and create music in that genre but in general can't maintain it or do it so naturally, especially at that age, not without a large talent for it; they would keep veering towards creating "intellectualized" music lyrically and musically. The music for an NT tends to get more complicated, not less, or more "intricate" and heady; but she's creating tunes that are pretty streamlined and uncluttered, and catchy.

Great points. That's why I lean toward xSFP. She seems pretty even-keeled, especially for a rockstar, so I'm guessing the Fi is in secondary position rather than primary (that is, ESFP rather than ISFP). Although her style is often unorthodox, I don't think she's intuitive because her lyrics seem very straight-forward and to the point ("I kissed a girl and I liked it", "California girls we're unforgettable / daisy dukes, bikinis on top", etc., etc.). I enjoy her music. It might be light and frilly but she does a good job with it. Sometimes light and frilly is nice :o) And the girl is gorgeous -- a total knockout -- but manages to have her own style and voice, and she also avoids the pitfalls that attractive female entertainers often fall into (oversexed/strung-out on one hand (a la Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan) versus virgin-whore/mindless ditz on the other (a la Jessica Simpson).

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I always get an ENFJ vibe from her.

"I was always very manipulative as a kid, I got my way. Which has helped my whole life."

... and this quote corroborates.