User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Katy Perry?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 123412 Last

Thread: Katy Perry

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    I think her eyes look way too lively for an SP, no offense.
    What the hell is that supposed to mean?
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I was figuring she was the latter and just started with the former due to the religiously pressured upbringing.

lol, do you think an ENTJ would be SO evil as to pretend (even for a moment, for momentous gain) to be an ESFP?

Wow. That's gutsy.
    I'm full of conspiracy theories.

Yeah, well ENTJs are sort of evil, when they are set on ruling the world. Or she might just be plain dumb.
    But who am I to judge.

I just think she's not an S, but an ESFP image might definetly help while at the ema, on tv, on the radio. Maybe it's was not even her idea.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    What the hell is that supposed to mean?
    Quick, start dancing -- look lively for all those other SPs out there!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by me_plus_one View Post
    Yeah, well ENTJs are sort of evil, when they are set on ruling the world. Or she might just be plain dumb.
    She's crafty in terms of street-smarts but probably not on a Machiavellian level.

I just think she's not an S, but an ESFP image might definetly help while at the ema, on tv, on the radio. Maybe it's was not even her idea.
    What we've seen:
    She's pragmatic.
    She changed her image to better conform to success and what she wanted to do with her life.
    Results drove the change.
    And she doesn't give the impression of agonizing over it.

Nor were the decisions seemingly calculated in purely cerebral fashion, nor is her music "bad," she seems to have some flair and talent for that type of bubblegum rock; she definitely knows how to craft a hook. A calculating NT could tell themselves to "play an SFP" role and create music in that genre but in general can't maintain it or do it so naturally, especially at that age, not without a large talent for it; they would keep veering towards creating "intellectualized" music lyrically and musically. The music for an NT tends to get more complicated, not less, or more "intricate" and heady; but she's creating tunes that are pretty streamlined and uncluttered, and catchy.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    She's crafty in terms of street-smarts but probably not on a Machiavellian level.

What we've seen:
    She's pragmatic.
    She changed her image to better conform to success and what she wanted to do with her life.
    Results drove the change.
    And she doesn't give the impression of agonizing over it.

Nor were the decisions seemingly calculated in purely cerebral fashion, nor is her music "bad," she seems to have some flair and talent for that type of bubblegum rock; she definitely knows how to craft a hook. A calculating NT could tell themselves to "play an SFP" role and create music in that genre but in general can't maintain it or do it so naturally, especially at that age, not without a large talent for it; they would keep veering towards creating "intellectualized" music lyrically and musically. The music for an NT tends to get more complicated, not less, or more "intricate" and heady; but she's creating tunes that are pretty streamlined and uncluttered, and catchy.
    I could bet that she's not writing her own music.
    Though, I have to admit, your arguments are pretty strong. However, I have noticed, especially when she hosted the EMAs that she seemed quite artificial and uncomfortable with that situation. I thought she was a lousy host. Now, that would be unlikely if she were an SP, weren't it?

Besides, having an intricate music is not necessarily specific to a N.

C'mon, she is classic example of ESTP

Not all ESTPs are dumb

MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by Gauche View Post
    C'mon, she is classic example of ESTP

Not all ESTPs are dumb
    Yeah, thanks

I have also read that interview and she is either faking it or she's either dumb.

MBTI
    ESTJ

ISTP

MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram
    XXXX
    Socionics
    XXXX

Fubar.
    Hit like a heavyweight, breathe deep, meditate
    Make the whole crowd get loud, make 'em levitate
    I ride through my city like a presidential candidate
    L-A-X, Phantom double-R, and accelerate

MBTI
    INFJ

I'm pretty sure she's not an NT, nor is she any T for that matter. I agree that she probably puts on a facade, but the Fi still slips through that exterior. Fi users give off a very distinct, weighty kind of emotional aura, and I can almost always recognize it, especially by looking into their eyes. I see that Fi whenever I watch Katy and go through my normal process of intuiting what she's like.

Yes, she's fake. But fakeness doesn't always mean creating something that isn't there. It can also mean exaggerating something that already is there. I think Katy's exaggerating the whole cute, innocent, bubbly, joyous thing that people tend to associate Fi users (especially extroverted Fi users) with.

So I'll guess ESFP for her.