User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Katy Perry?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 614151617 Last

Thread: Katy Perry

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    I'm might not be an intj. Might not! Intelligence is rather subjective. A persm who appears to be a complete idiot at a certain aspect could be a genius in another. So the word 'dumb' is a word I dislike to use and is somewhat terrified to use. It also makes me feel annoyed when I see people overusing it. No, fame doesn't equate to intelligence. But if someone's aim is to be famous/popular - as it is of an entertainer such as perry - and if that person is capable of achieving that popularity does that not mean that person is clever? Is clever not a sign of intelligence? Of course i'm conveniently ignoring the possibility that she has manages to take care of her popularity and that she could possibly be a mere performer. But even performing requires .....
    I actually agree with you that overusing the word "dumb" is problematic, and I know well about the complexities of intelligence. It just surprised me to read it the way you said it. I wasn't actually annoyed, but was partly being silly in my response.

There is an interesting book that examines some psychological research about our assumptions about individuals with success. It is called "The Drunkard's Walk" by Leonard Mloadinow. It shows that we makes many assumptions in favor of those we see as successful, but when the same scenarios are presented with the assumption that the person is suffering, we start to believe they deserve what they get. We try to make rational sense of a world that is largely dictated by chance. He demonstrates mathematically that the sample size of games won in sports is too small to demonstrate superior skill and can be shown to produce results similar to random processes. He can show that the differences between success and failure are driven more by chance than personal will. It is an interesting book that I highly recommend.

If I recall correctly your career makes you have a lot of exposure to celebrities. So I could imagine - especially by the way you made the reply - that you have a bit of contempt towards certain celebrities or maybe all? Or maybe you've me her?
    I actually know virtually nothing about Katy Perry, but was only responding to the reasoning that being famous is an indication of intelligence, which I have to disagree. What other indications are there of her intelligence?

You did sound a bit annoyed the last time you spoke about celebrities. Could we know what you do for a living? Let me guess; a stunt double in daring action movies?
    I really try to keep it quiet, but you have almost guessed it. I was Angelina Jolie's butt double in "Tomb Raider".
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    I actually agree with you that overusing the word "dumb" is problematic, and I know well about the complexities of intelligence. It just surprised me to read it the way you said it. I wasn't actually annoyed, but was partly being silly in my response.
    I admit the way I initially made that post would have indicated what you previously assumed as to what I meant. Thanks to my occasional use of introverted thinking I managed to get my ass/butt out of that shit-hole/mess.

There is an interesting book that examines some psychological research about our assumptions about individuals with success. It is called "The Drunkard's Walk" by Leonard Mloadinow. It shows that we makes many assumptions in favor of those we see as successful, but when the same scenarios are presented with the assumption that the person is suffering, we start to believe they deserve what they get. We try to make rational sense of a world that is largely dictated by chance. He demonstrates mathematically that the sample size of games won in sports is too small to demonstrate superior skill and can be shown to produce results similar to random processes. He can show that the differences between success and failure are driven more by chance than personal will. It is an interesting book that I highly recommend.
    I do agree with what you have said about success doesn't mean intelligence and that this is due to us humans trying to make sense of what is happening in this world. This argument is indeed a good argument to prove that what I said initially was wrong.

I did jump the gun knowing this, due to the fact that I feel annoyance at people who overuse the word stupid/idiot. It is a disgusting word to use and is often abused and used against people one dislikes or disagrees with. It is distasteful. Adding to that is, the person I quoted probably doesn't know much about Perry and probably used it as a gut reaction and without much rational sense. If that person did have a good reason behind it that person could have replied to it.

Thank you for the tip regarding the book. I would definitely read it if it falls on my lap. I rarely buy and read books. They just tend to fall on my lap. But I have and will read many many books. In my defense I haven't even bought a single book from the Harry Potter series which was the 1st English book I've read and finished.

I actually know virtually nothing about Katy Perry, but was only responding to the reasoning that being famous is an indication of intelligence, which I have to disagree. What other indications are there of her intelligence?
    I know nothing much myself. But like I said - though you hinted/proved that my point was wrong - we cannot deny the possibility that success does require atleast a certain amount of cleverness. But it does not mean that a person who is more successful than another is more clever etc.

I really try to keep it quiet, but you have almost guessed it. I was Angelina Jolie's butt double in "Tomb Raider".
    I hope this is not how INFJs provide foreplay for NTs before doorslamming them? If not; can I use this as my signature? It would confuse the shit out of the senior members.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I hope this is not how INFJs provide foreplay for NTs before doorslamming them? If not; can I use this as my signature? It would confuse the shit out of the senior members.
    Sure, use it. I love confusing people.

I'm not that much of a door-slammer, and one interaction that barely borders on disagreement certainly wouldn't do it. I have one person on ignore and considered one other. I only place people on ignore if they post junk in my rep box because I can't delete those comments any other way, and I feel like that is my private bubble and like reading comments from friends without having to see icky stuff. If I could delete there I may not even bother having anyone on ignore.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    xxTP

The only 4 letters I would give this girl start with F and ends in K, she is HOT, however I have never been able to bear seeing her speak since she married the skinny rat Russel Brand, which shows bad taste in extremis, as it were. I can see he may have sex appeal for a one night stand and his possible heat-packing may well well complement Katy's own fine, eye catching assets. But to marry him? That's bad judgement, and she paid for it poor girl.

Type? As a performer she seems esfp, which is an easy answer, but then, first impressions usually are superior to over-thinking on questions of personality.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

icky stuff
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

ENFJ.

Stansmith

ESFP 6w7 - 2w3/3w2 - 9w1 Sx/So

I wanted to say So/Sx, but she has crazy eyes.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by me_plus_one View Post
    See????

That's why I say she is so fake. I mean, from Christian music jumping to "gay" people and kissing girls? Come on, this is surely a witty manoeuvre to trick us.

And to me, she seems an ENTJ concealed by an ESFP facade.

edit: actually, she might be an ENTP, but the fact that she wants to make it to the top makes me think of ENTJ.
    She is fake, but not for that reason. She manufactured herself to fit a mold in order to be successful yes, but she's quite open about it.

She even said in her documentary that people love the idea of a good girl gone bad, and that they think her parents disowned her but that's not the truth at all.

She also explains she never shared her parents views when it comes to God and always wanted to live the life she has now.

@Marmotini explains t well, the shift was real, not made up to attract attention. She does make an spectacle of herself, but she only exaggerates certain aspects of her personality.

You have a comically shallow understanding of types. So Katy Perry is an ENTJ because she wants to make it to the top?

Guess I'm an ENTJ too .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

She got the axe at 1:15 on the Leno interview.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    ESFP 6w7 - 2w3/3w2 - 9w1 Sx/So

I wanted to say So/Sx, but she has crazy eyes.
    I'm seeing her being typed mostly as a ESFP, ESTP, ISTP and a e6. I think she is a ISTP.

If she is a ISTP 6w7 it would make sense as to why people see her as a ESFP.

Lolz yes she does have crazy eyes. She has crazy but laid back written all over her which makes me like her.

Her hotness helps too .