User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Jack White?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Jack White

  1. #1

    Default Jack White

    Jack White

    You Must Be Registered To Vote

    What do you guys think?



    I have to say this interview left me kinda confused. The stuff he says is very Ne, but the way he says it misses the randomness of an Ne user. Then I thought, maybe he's Ni, but he said, that he doesn't like to come out with a certain meaning, he gives people an idea and it's upon them to choose what it means to them, I see it as that Ne random play with different meanings and patterns an idea can give. So I don't know.. Is he Ne? This is basically all I cought from the interview. It left me without a clue of his judging functions, so first of all he's an intuition dominant type for sure.He seems to be pretty much organized in what he's saying and his speech is also very to the point, he doesn't' seem to jump from one thing to another. Also he doesn't have that Ne's high energy way of speech i've noticed many Ne users have. Anyway his idea approach and creative process seems to be Ne oriented.

    This one seems a bit more relaxed

    Last edited by highlander; 02-21-2017 at 11:32 PM.
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

  2. #2
    Listening Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,168

    Default

    We had a whole thread on it a few weeks ago.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...hite-enfp.html
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

  3. #3
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,989

    Default

    Still INFJ.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  4. #4
    The Green Jolly Robin H.
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,683

    Default

    lol! almost the same exact thread as before....

    He's really hard to type. One one hand he likes to work alone and is somewhat of a loner introvert who likes to perform - a strange paradox.

    On the other hand, he is in several different bands and enjoys working with "certain" types of people. He doesn't like to compromise his uniqueness at all and he considers himself an artist but meanwhile seems to have an enterprising spirit - another paradox.

    Both these paradoxes cross each other.

    One thing I noticed though is that he is very good at sticking to a basical philosophy and using it to grow. This is something common in a lot of FI users when fi is up on the stack.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"




    Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

    Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,989

    Default

    Still INFJ.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  6. #6
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    ISFP, if not, then INFP. He talks like a Fi-dom though. It's jerky, stop-start while he looks for the right phrasing. I've read in the past that he tries to take on the perspective of someone else when writing - that heavily suggests he is Fi-dom also, perhaps more INFP. He doesn't care about how his music is labelled or credited - more suggestion of a Fi mentality. He reminds me of Johnny Depp in interviews.

    "I try to let the song tell me what to do". "I'm basically exploring all the time; no matter how much older I get, how long I've been doing it, I'm still exploring the instrument like a child."
    This is a Pe approach to creation. He doesn't go in with a concept - stuff just unfolds. That's more Pe than Pi. Pi tries to control how stuff unfolds. Pe tries to exploit it, in a sense. This is not necessarily Ne at all, just Pe.

    However, his approach to creating in which he wants to create a box so as to figure out how to work around sounds pretty Ne. Ne types tend to thrive more when there are restrictions to work around rather than when they have endless possibilities, which can be paralyzing.

    I think it comes down to Se vs Ne, and perhaps someone with better knowledge of him could make a case for ISFP or INFP.

    EDIT - I just read the other thread where people are actually trying to argue he is an INFJ...hahahaha! It's like they don't have the slightest concept of Pi in Jungian theory. It's pretty hilarious. What they say about INFPs in that thread is hilarious too. It's like they think all INFPs are e9 social variants.

    Here's a simple question: is he really the same Jungian type as an INTJ? REALLY? You think so? I definitely do not.
    Isn't it far more likely he is an Introverted Feeling type as he fits all the basic stereotypes people hurl at Fi-dom? If he is an iNutitive (which I'm not even sold on), then he has way more in common with an ISFP than an INTJ.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe
    Likes five sounds liked this post

  7. #7
    The Green Jolly Robin H.
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    ISFP, if not, then INFP. He talks like a Fi-dom though. It's jerky, stop-start while he looks for the right phrasing. I've read in the past that he tries to take on the perspective of someone else when writing - that heavily suggests he is Fi-dom also, perhaps more INFP. He doesn't care about how his music is labelled or credited - more suggestion of a Fi mentality. He reminds me of Johnny Depp in interviews.

    "I try to let the song tell me what to do". "I'm basically exploring all the time; no matter how much older I get, how long I've been doing it, I'm still exploring the instrument like a child."
    This is a Pe approach to creation. He doesn't go in with a concept - stuff just unfolds. That's more Pe than Pi. Pi tries to control how stuff unfolds. Pe tries to exploit it, in a sense. This is not necessarily Ne at all, just Pe.

    However, his approach to creating in which he wants to create a box so as to figure out how to work around sounds pretty Ne. Ne types tend to thrive more when there are restrictions to work around rather than when they have endless possibilities, which can be paralyzing.

    I think it comes down to Se vs Ne, and perhaps someone with better knowledge of him could make a case for ISFP or INFP.
    I think someone with weak NE needs structure. Someone with strong NE might be able to hop on any train you know what i mean? To get to the proper destination, anyways.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"




    Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

    Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

  8. #8
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    I think someone with weak NE needs structure. Someone with strong NE might be able to hop on any train you know what i mean? To get to the proper destination, anyways.
    No, I don't. Ne types have trouble with closure. They "need" structure in an entirely different way than SJs. They require limitations so as to know when to end & how to start (ie. without limitations there are endless trains, and they may just keep waiting for a better one, or hopping onto new ones, never reaching any end destination). Basically, they will explore forever and not DO as much. I frequently have to use "tricks" to accomplish stuff, and it's an odd way of creating structure myself. He's not talking about schedules and routines - he's talking about boundaries for his creativity, so that it doesn't run wild and end up in endless exploration, but instead, takes some final form.

    Some of this is just Pe too, which is why I think Se is still on the table.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

  9. #9
    The Typing Tabby grey_beard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    No, I don't. Ne types have trouble with closure. They "need" structure in an entirely different way than SJs. They require limitations so as to know when to end & how to start (ie. without limitations there are endless trains, and they may just keep waiting for a better one, or hopping onto new ones, never reaching any end destination). Basically, they will explore forever and not DO as much. I frequently have to use "tricks" to accomplish stuff, and it's an odd way of creating structure myself. He's not talking about schedules and routines - he's talking about boundaries for his creativity, so that it doesn't run wild and end up in endless exploration, but instead, takes some final form.

    Some of this is just Pe too, which is why I think Se is still on the table.
    Kind of like haiku or sonnets: an enforced structure, but within that, limitless possibilities.
    A seed crystal, or trellis, as it were, if you wish, on which you can grow whatever vines and garlands of rosy thought and feeling you wish.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Inis Mona View Post
    What do you guys think?



    I have to say this interview left me kinda confused. The stuff he says is very Ne, but the way he says it misses the randomness of an Ne user. Then I thought, maybe he's Ni, but he said, that he doesn't like to come out with a certain meaning, he gives people an idea and it's upon them to choose what it means to them, I see it as that Ne random play with different meanings and patterns an idea can give. So I don't know.. Is he Ne? This is basically all I cought from the interview. It left me without a clue of his judging functions, so first of all he's an intuition dominant type for sure.He seems to be pretty much organized in what he's saying and his speech is also very to the point, he doesn't' seem to jump from one thing to another. Also he doesn't have that Ne's high energy way of speech i've noticed many Ne users have. Anyway his idea approach and creative process seems to be Ne oriented.

    This one seems a bit more relaxed

    Is the interviewer in the first interview his sister or something?
    And what the hell is that stuffed giraffe doing in the background of the second interview?
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

    Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.

  10. #10
    The Green Jolly Robin H.
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grey_beard View Post
    Kind of like haiku or sonnets: an enforced structure, but within that, limitless possibilities.
    A seed crystal, or trellis, as it were, if you wish, on which you can grow whatever vines and garlands of rosy thought and feeling you wish.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Is the interviewer in the first interview his sister or something?
    And what the hell is that stuffed giraffe doing in the background of the second interview?

    Illuminati?
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"




    Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

    Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

Similar Threads

  1. Jack White
    By GarrotTheThief in forum Celebrity Personality Types
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 09-16-2015, 08:20 PM
  2. Jack Black
    By Usehername in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-07-2015, 11:40 AM
  3. Jack white is an ENFP?
    By GarrotTheThief in forum Celebrity Personality Types
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 10-31-2014, 03:01 PM
  4. Jack White from the White Stripes
    By run in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-17-2009, 11:49 PM
  5. Poll: Alison Mosshart and Jack White's Bands
    By Thalassa in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-31-2009, 11:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO