User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Jack White?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 12

Thread: Jack White

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    ISFP, if not, then INFP. He talks like a Fi-dom though. It's jerky, stop-start while he looks for the right phrasing. I've read in the past that he tries to take on the perspective of someone else when writing - that heavily suggests he is Fi-dom also, perhaps more INFP. He doesn't care about how his music is labelled or credited - more suggestion of a Fi mentality. He reminds me of Johnny Depp in interviews.

"I try to let the song tell me what to do". "I'm basically exploring all the time; no matter how much older I get, how long I've been doing it, I'm still exploring the instrument like a child."
    This is a Pe approach to creation. He doesn't go in with a concept - stuff just unfolds. That's more Pe than Pi. Pi tries to control how stuff unfolds. Pe tries to exploit it, in a sense. This is not necessarily Ne at all, just Pe.

However, his approach to creating in which he wants to create a box so as to figure out how to work around sounds pretty Ne. Ne types tend to thrive more when there are restrictions to work around rather than when they have endless possibilities, which can be paralyzing.

I think it comes down to Se vs Ne, and perhaps someone with better knowledge of him could make a case for ISFP or INFP.

EDIT - I just read the other thread where people are actually trying to argue he is an INFJ...hahahaha! It's like they don't have the slightest concept of Pi in Jungian theory. It's pretty hilarious. What they say about INFPs in that thread is hilarious too. It's like they think all INFPs are e9 social variants.

Here's a simple question: is he really the same Jungian type as an INTJ? REALLY? You think so? I definitely do not.
    Isn't it far more likely he is an Introverted Feeling type as he fits all the basic stereotypes people hurl at Fi-dom? If he is an iNutitive (which I'm not even sold on), then he has way more in common with an ISFP than an INTJ.
    Agree that "I try to let the song tell me what to do". "I'm basically exploring all the time; no matter how much older I get, how long I've been doing it, I'm still exploring the instrument like a child." is very Pe approach. In what he's saying I am almost certain he shows a lot of intuition, considering the fact he seems to be Pe, he is most likely Ne. But where can you see the Fi? He didn't said anything that was Fi during the interviews....

Quote Originally Posted by Oaky View Post
    We had a whole thread on it a few weeks ago.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...hite-enfp.html
    I am sorry oaks I didn't notice it

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

he seems more j. early on he decided what kind of music he was going to make and he never compromised his artistic vision. that sounds more j than p. it seems he started off j and became more p as he aged or dip into his shadow function in a positive way...you know retrieve the gold in the shadow sort of thing.

he might actually be an infj/enfp neuro a-typical type..
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

here are some videos that make me wonder if he's j instead of p.

it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Inis Mona View Post
    Agree that "I try to let the song tell me what to do". "I'm basically exploring all the time; no matter how much older I get, how long I've been doing it, I'm still exploring the instrument like a child." is very Pe approach. In what he's saying I am almost certain he shows a lot of intuition, considering the fact he seems to be Pe, he is most likely Ne. But where can you see the Fi? He didn't said anything that was Fi during the interviews....
    one thing that is very FI about him is his son house obsession. He states in many interviews that he grew up in a predominantly urban environment where people were listening mostly to rap and pop and that he couldn't get a long with them because he was only interested in music from the Son House and Robert Johnson era. That is very FI.
    it was open
    -the end"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    641 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

idk enough about MBTI to cast my vote among experts, but having looked into him quite a bit previously E-wise, Jack is most likely one of those NF Sixes--6w7-4w3-9w8 sx/sp.

Male sx beauty Six--dresses like a 4 and windsurfs like a 7, as Eli Jaxon-Bear would say.

(Meg appears triple withdrawn but she's probably sp/sx 6w5-4w5-9w1).

MBTI
    INFJ
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

ISFP

Se over Ne. How likely is an Ne user to get into fisticuffs and break his hand over someone else's head?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    here are some videos that make me wonder if he's j instead of p.

This further confirms my contention that he has no Si. He is completely opposed to comfort, and prefers to work with his back against the wall, so to speak. This all sounds very Se to me. I think the Fi doesn't really need much argument, though.
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ

Fi Fi Fi.