User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Vladimir Putin?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 34567 Last

Thread: Vladimir Putin

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    Your link: might as well equal

"For 16 years Putin was an officer in the KGB, rising to the rank of Lieutenant Colonel"

Kleptocracy:
    Transcontinental countries
    Russia Turkey
    Vladimir Putin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Russian Vory V Zakone (Thieves by Law)
    Documentary:

The Russian Kleptocracy and Rise of Organized Crime
    The Russian Kleptocracy and Rise of Organized Crime | Johanna Granville - Academia.edu

Organized crime in Russia began in its imperial period of Tsars, but it was not until the Soviet era that vory v zakone ("thieves-in-law") emerged as leaders of prison groups in gulags (Soviet prison labor camps), and their honor code became more defined. After World War II, the death of Joseph Stalin, and the fall of the Soviet Union, more gangs emerged in a flourishing black market, exploiting the unstable governments of the former Republics, and at its highest point, even controlling as much as two-thirds of the Russian economy. Louis Freeh, former director of the FBI, had once said the Russian mafia posed the greatest threat to U.S. national security in the mid-1990s.

Kleptocracy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MI5 believe Vladimir Putin was behind murder of spy Alexander Litvinenko
    I'm not talking about that link, and I'm not denying the link's white-washing. Is any of the biographical data on that page absolutely false?

The source I am referring to is Masha Gessen's The Man Without A Face - The Unlikely Rise of Vladimir Putin. It's very interesting. Putin believes that a country's leader must be loved by the populace, and that when the populace turns against the leader then he must step down. So in this sense, Putin is only trying to give the Ukrainian people a more popular leader than Turchyhnov was and the present Ukrainian president is.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    I'm not talking about that link, and I'm not denying the link's white-washing. Is any of the biographical data on that page absolutely false?

The source I am referring to is Masha Gessen's The Man Without A Face - The Unlikely Rise of Vladimir Putin. It's very interesting. Putin believes that a country's leader must be loved by the populace, and that when the populace turns against the leader then he must step down. So in this sense, Putin is only trying to give the Ukrainian people a more popular leader than Turchyhnov was and the present Ukrainian president is.
    ok. makes sense.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post

I'll read the book

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Comeback Girl View Post
    I don't really know. He just comes across to me as like this dorkish kid who only became popular because he has rich parents or something, and then became cocky and arrogant because he thought his classmates actually thought he was cool as a person. You know, the kind that pays bullies to bully kids they don't like and goes all Draco Malfoy when something they don't like happens ('MY FATHER WILL HEAR ABOUT THIS!'). Not that I think Putin is like Draco Malfoy, he isn't stylish enough to be like Draco Malfoy. If anything, he'd be Draco Malfoy who drank Polyjuice Potion, so he can pretend to be Dobby. I mean, whatever he does, to me he'll always be an upstart dork who looks like Dobby. Anyway, I don't really know what type that makes him.
    I wouldn't say I personally find him particularly stylish or glamorous according to my personal tastes, but millions of swooning Russian women would beg to differ. Of course, a lot of that has to do with hilariously over the top propaganda photos that are almost shot for shot out of Mussolini's playbook.

With someone like Putin I think it's very hard to separate the person from the way the person is represented by the media; the American media portrays him as a cold, calculating strategist with the passive, removed air and evil genius of a bond villain. If you were to take that at face value you might assume intj. The Russian media really jumps the shark and treats him more like a classic Russian czar with almost mystical overtones, as something a little more than human but also a master of the world around him; sort of like Paul Bunyan meets the benevolent monarch of old. I don't even know where to begin typing that representation, as it is obviously pretty far removed from reality, but it's notable because this is the sort of pr that your classic ESTJ dictator, like Stalin or Mao, tends to utilize, though I think he as a person is at least somewhat more grounded in reality than that, and suffers from a significantly lesser but still noticeable degree of megalomania. I think he obviously knows how to play the game, but his rationality is more notable for his understanding of how to work the system than pure logical deduction, and coupled with his heavily traditionalist sensibilities, that leads me to guess istj.
    Likes Animal liked this post

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Fe

A clear Socionics LSI.
    Founder and President of World Socionics Society
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/worldsocionicssociety
    Likes Alea_iacta_est liked this post

I think he is an ISTP 8w9.

I voted 8w9 but I couldn't vote for the MBTI type.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

He's just a classical old-guard Russian goverment official/agency employee. From what I've read and seen about him, he seems to be SI user. He seems to be a old timer resentful about USSR collapsing and Russia losing its super power status. Which was one of his driving motivations for trying to revive Russian power and traditional rivalry with NATO countries. Basically stereotype bad guy/opponent side politician from a Tom Clancy novel. There are lots of Russian USSR nostalgics in Russia. He stands out because of PR and Media work, and unlike yeltsin and glasnost, he's a highly competent leader. Unlike the ectomorphic and meek looking obama, he comes off as cool and strong, with his workout videos, bare-chest horse riding and hunting siberian tigers. Charismatic and strong.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Vladdy's just watched a lot of Peter the Great documentaries lately and decided when he grows up he wants to be just like him.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    Vladdy's just watched a lot of Peter the Great documentaries lately and decided when he grows up he wants to be just like him.
    More like he's a middle-aged russian version of a reaganite, who wants good ole' russia to be back on track. Probably has a shrine devoted to stalin in backroom.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."
    Likes johnnyyukon liked this post