User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Vladimir Putin?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 66

Thread: Vladimir Putin

  1. #11
    Senior Member Qre:us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,909

    Default

    ENFP!!!!! Prove me wrong!!!

  2. #12
    Senior Member TreeBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    303

    Default

    obviously he is an INFJ 1w9
    Don't like my modera... Oh wait, wrong forum. Carry on.

    ESTP, 8w7 sx/sp
    Likes johnnyyukon liked this post

  3. #13
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    ENFP!!!!! Prove me wrong!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TreeBob View Post
    obviously he is an INFJ 1w9
    Dem NF feels... Poor Vlad...

    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes TreeBob, Qre:us liked this post

  4. #14
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Don't trust celebritytypes.com -- 90% of their typings are wrong.

    I usually trust forum typing discussion a lot more, even when it leads to a wrong conclusion, because at least that way I get to see people's reasoning -- and sometimes they cite evidence.

    @Mal12345 What makes you say ISTJ?
    I'm reading a Putin biography by Masha Gessen. So far I've been searching for more evidence for my 683 call, particularly the 6 as a core fixation. Even if 8 was his core fixation, the wing would not be 9 because Putin has utterly no 8w9 characteristics, either physically or mentally. Yet a lot of people see him as the 8w9 for some reason. His Cp6 fixation, however, is most strikingly described - Putin was a small guy overcoming bullies, although he had his friend's help and admired his expertise at man-handling them. His biography in many ways resembles that of Cp 6w5 G. Gordon Liddy (and yes I read his autobiographical book Will). Putin also "willed" himself to the top. He was not a rich kid, although somehow they managed to be better off than most in a place and time where being better off than others was frowned upon.

    "During the failed August 1991 coup, he [Putin] was on the barricades in front of the Russian White House, physically helping to defend his government." 6w5 Defender.

    But more toward the 6-specific aspects of the man, you can see when he makes televised speeches that he is highly changeable. Watch his expressions, one second he will show distinct anxiety, the next second his eyes will flare up with anger.

    Vladimir Putin matches the personality type described at this page:
    ISTJ personality | 16Personalities

    Putin is responsible, practical, gets the job done, forms the core of organizations (KGB in his case), is independent, fights his own fights, worked his way through the ranks, is conservative and from his military moves and from his biography it is easy to tell that he looks back with nostalgia to the glory days of the USSR. Putin is also a populist who feeds off the nostalgia of the Russian people for those glory days, unlike Boris Yeltsin who did not think about it at all. So in that sense, Putin has a 3 trifix, and this gives him an edge as a politician. But first, he had to go through his spy period:

    "We all want our children to grow up to be a better, more successful version of ourselves. Vladimir
    Putin, the miraculous late son of two people maimed and crippled by World War II, was born to be a
    Soviet spy; in fact, he was born to be a Soviet spy in Germany. During World War II, the senior
    Vladimir Putin had been assigned to so-called subversive troops, small detachments formed to act
    behind enemy lines. These troops reported to the NKVD, as the Soviet secret police was then called,
    and were formed largely from the ranks of the NKVD. They were on a suicide mission: no more than
    15 percent of them survived the first six months of the war. Vladimir Putin’s detachment was typical:
    twenty-eight soldiers were air-dropped into a forest behind enemy lines about a hundred miles from
    Leningrad. They had had about enough time to get their bearings and blow up one train when they ran
    out of food supplies. They asked the locals for food; the villagers fed them and then turned them in to
    the Germans. Several of the men managed to break out. The Germans gave chase, and Vladimir Putin
    hid in a swamp, submerging his head and breathing through a reed until the search party had given up.
    He was one of only four survivors of that mission."

    Vladimir Putin is an ISTJ.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”
    Likes Thalassa liked this post

  5. #15
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    As for celebritytypes.com, those type calls were formed 'by committee,' not by the site owner. And like most if not all committees, they are comprised of sheeple who merely follow the strongest voice.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”
    Likes Thalassa, Bknight liked this post

  6. #16
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Sexiest old guy ever. I would go all Lana old guy for him, and I usually go young instead of older. IxTJ. I think it's largely a fantasy though, I would probably find him morally reprehensible in day to day life. I don't know though, he seems to actually care about "mother Russia" ...and I really have a lot of perspective on Islamic terrorism and European nationalism.

    I think INTJ. He's an extraordinarily powerful and good looking person, but he might be an annoying jerk.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    As for celebritytypes.com, those type calls were formed 'by committee,' not by the site owner. And like most if not all committees, they are comprised of sheeple who merely follow the strongest voice.
    Agreed.

  7. #17
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    I'm reading a Putin biography by Masha Gessen. So far I've been searching for more evidence for my 683 call, particularly the 6 as a core fixation. Even if 8 was his core fixation, the wing would not be 9 because Putin has utterly no 8w9 characteristics, either physically or mentally. Yet a lot of people see him as the 8w9 for some reason. His Cp6 fixation, however, is most strikingly described - Putin was a small guy overcoming bullies, although he had his friend's help and admired his expertise at man-handling them. His biography in many ways resembles that of Cp 6w5 G. Gordon Liddy (and yes I read his autobiographical book Will). Putin also "willed" himself to the top. He was not a rich kid, although somehow they managed to be better off than most in a place and time where being better off than others was frowned upon.

    "During the failed August 1991 coup, he [Putin] was on the barricades in front of the Russian White House, physically helping to defend his government." 6w5 Defender.

    But more toward the 6-specific aspects of the man, you can see when he makes televised speeches that he is highly changeable. Watch his expressions, one second he will show distinct anxiety, the next second his eyes will flare up with anger.

    Vladimir Putin matches the personality type described at this page:
    ISTJ personality | 16Personalities

    Putin is responsible, practical, gets the job done, forms the core of organizations (KGB in his case), is independent, fights his own fights, worked his way through the ranks, is conservative and from his military moves and from his biography it is easy to tell that he looks back with nostalgia to the glory days of the USSR. Putin is also a populist who feeds off the nostalgia of the Russian people for those glory days, unlike Boris Yeltsin who did not think about it at all. So in that sense, Putin has a 3 trifix, and this gives him an edge as a politician. But first, he had to go through his spy period:

    "We all want our children to grow up to be a better, more successful version of ourselves. Vladimir
    Putin, the miraculous late son of two people maimed and crippled by World War II, was born to be a
    Soviet spy; in fact, he was born to be a Soviet spy in Germany. During World War II, the senior
    Vladimir Putin had been assigned to so-called subversive troops, small detachments formed to act
    behind enemy lines. These troops reported to the NKVD, as the Soviet secret police was then called,
    and were formed largely from the ranks of the NKVD. They were on a suicide mission: no more than
    15 percent of them survived the first six months of the war. Vladimir Putin’s detachment was typical:
    twenty-eight soldiers were air-dropped into a forest behind enemy lines about a hundred miles from
    Leningrad. They had had about enough time to get their bearings and blow up one train when they ran
    out of food supplies. They asked the locals for food; the villagers fed them and then turned them in to
    the Germans. Several of the men managed to break out. The Germans gave chase, and Vladimir Putin
    hid in a swamp, submerging his head and breathing through a reed until the search party had given up.
    He was one of only four survivors of that mission."

    Vladimir Putin is an ISTJ.
    I think he's a 6 too. He's got that political weight and dutiful quality, with yes the reserved quality of a 5 wing. He's scary smart though. SCARY SMART. His lack of moral fortitude is actually covered by his intelligence unlike the majority of IxTJs.

    I don't have proof he's INTJ. If I saw a convincing argument for genius ISTJ I would believe it. Your argument is not convincing enough but it's possible. He's been married for like 100 years and is extremely dutiful and went through all the proper channels.

  8. #18
    literally your mother PocketFullOf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    pot
    Posts
    494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Comeback Girl View Post
    I don't really know. He just comes across to me as like this dorkish kid who only became popular because he has rich parents or something, and then became cocky and arrogant because he thought his classmates actually thought he was cool as a person. You know, the kind that pays bullies to bully kids they don't like and goes all Draco Malfoy when something they don't like happens ('MY FATHER WILL HEAR ABOUT THIS!'). Not that I think Putin is like Draco Malfoy, he isn't stylish enough to be like Draco Malfoy. If anything, he'd be Draco Malfoy who drank Polyjuice Potion, so he can pretend to be Dobby. I mean, whatever he does, to me he'll always be an upstart dork who looks like Dobby. Anyway, I don't really know what type that makes him.
    Shill.


    Taking a concept to it's logical end is rarely logical or relevant to the subject at hand.
    Johari Nohari
    7w6-3w2-1w9 / sCUA|I| / SER SEI
    Neutral Good
    bagfullofclocks | type me if you can


  9. #19
    #KUWK Kierva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    2,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    I'm reading a Putin biography by Masha Gessen. So far I've been searching for more evidence for my 683 call, particularly the 6 as a core fixation. Even if 8 was his core fixation, the wing would not be 9 because Putin has utterly no 8w9 characteristics, either physically or mentally. Yet a lot of people see him as the 8w9 for some reason. His Cp6 fixation, however, is most strikingly described - Putin was a small guy overcoming bullies, although he had his friend's help and admired his expertise at man-handling them. His biography in many ways resembles that of Cp 6w5 G. Gordon Liddy (and yes I read his autobiographical book Will). Putin also "willed" himself to the top. He was not a rich kid, although somehow they managed to be better off than most in a place and time where being better off than others was frowned upon.

    "During the failed August 1991 coup, he [Putin] was on the barricades in front of the Russian White House, physically helping to defend his government." 6w5 Defender.

    But more toward the 6-specific aspects of the man, you can see when he makes televised speeches that he is highly changeable. Watch his expressions, one second he will show distinct anxiety, the next second his eyes will flare up with anger.

    Vladimir Putin matches the personality type described at this page:
    ISTJ personality | 16Personalities

    Putin is responsible, practical, gets the job done, forms the core of organizations (KGB in his case), is independent, fights his own fights, worked his way through the ranks, is conservative and from his military moves and from his biography it is easy to tell that he looks back with nostalgia to the glory days of the USSR. Putin is also a populist who feeds off the nostalgia of the Russian people for those glory days, unlike Boris Yeltsin who did not think about it at all. So in that sense, Putin has a 3 trifix, and this gives him an edge as a politician. But first, he had to go through his spy period:

    "We all want our children to grow up to be a better, more successful version of ourselves. Vladimir
    Putin, the miraculous late son of two people maimed and crippled by World War II, was born to be a
    Soviet spy; in fact, he was born to be a Soviet spy in Germany. During World War II, the senior
    Vladimir Putin had been assigned to so-called subversive troops, small detachments formed to act
    behind enemy lines. These troops reported to the NKVD, as the Soviet secret police was then called,
    and were formed largely from the ranks of the NKVD. They were on a suicide mission: no more than
    15 percent of them survived the first six months of the war. Vladimir Putin’s detachment was typical:
    twenty-eight soldiers were air-dropped into a forest behind enemy lines about a hundred miles from
    Leningrad. They had had about enough time to get their bearings and blow up one train when they ran
    out of food supplies. They asked the locals for food; the villagers fed them and then turned them in to
    the Germans. Several of the men managed to break out. The Germans gave chase, and Vladimir Putin
    hid in a swamp, submerging his head and breathing through a reed until the search party had given up.
    He was one of only four survivors of that mission."

    Vladimir Putin is an ISTJ.
    He also has a good PR team, with articles and videos about him doing manly things like having his own tiger and holding a rifle.

  10. #20
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Woaden View Post
    He also has a good PR team, with articles and videos about him doing manly things like having his own tiger and holding a rifle.
    Dictators are like that. But as far as this quote is concerned: "Vladimir Putin, the miraculous late son of two people maimed and crippled by World War II, was born to be a Soviet spy," this is contradicted by Putin's own statements: "When I was in ninth grade, I was influenced by films and books, and I developed a desire to work for the KGB,” Putin told his biographer. “There is nothing special about that.” Just an average kid fascinated by spy movies and thrillers.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Similar Threads

  1. Vladimir Putin authorises delivery of missile system to Iran
    By Olm the Water King in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-13-2015, 03:03 PM
  2. Vladimir Putin ENTP WTF?!
    By guesswho in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-26-2013, 06:38 AM
  3. Getting drunk with Mr. Putin(and Russian blondes)
    By Sniffles in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-10-2009, 08:47 AM
  4. Type Putin?
    By The Grey Badger in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-22-2009, 02:55 PM
  5. PUTIN DISSOLVES RUSSIAN GOVERNMENT.
    By Oberon in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-15-2007, 05:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO