• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Charles Taze Russell

What Personality Type is Charles Taze Russell?

• INFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENFP

• ENFJ

• ENTP

• ENTJ

• ISFP

• ISFJ

• ESFP

• ESFJ

• ISTP

• ISTJ

• 2w1

• 2w3

• 3w2

• 3w4

• 4w3

• 4w5

• 5w4

• 5w6

• 6w5

• 6w7

• 7w6

• 7w8

• 8w7

• 8w9

• 9w8

• 9w1

• Total voters

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Charles Taze Russell

You must be registered to vote.

Last edited:

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The infamous cult leader was highly charismatic and demanded strict obedience from his followers. He is not, however, responsible for most of the CURRENT JW practices. You can thank his successor for the ban on parties and celebrations, holidays, voting (any, whether inside the cult structure or in secular elections), and blood transfusions.
Charles Taze Russell

You must be registered to vote.

He is definitely a 1w9. MBTI eludes me on this one, but INxJ seems close.

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot
Its sometimes very hard to tell apart INTJ and INFJ...at least for me.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=10714]Qlip[/MENTION] [MENTION=9883]Redbone[/MENTION] [MENTION=22109]Evee[/MENTION]
Y'all may want to add your 2 cents.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have absolutely no idea, MQ. And the prospect of going out of my way to read about JW history makes me a bit ill.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not enough info.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have absolutely no idea, MQ. And the prospect of going out of my way to read about JW history makes me a bit ill.

Me, too, though I have developed something of a hateful obsession with the group. I see the members as victims and the larger organization as evil.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Me, too, though I have developed something of a hateful obsession with the group. I see the members as victims and the larger organization as evil.

I can't say you're wrong in that, but I had the opposite reaction when I left them. I decided that whatever happened, they would influence my life very little, either in control or in hate. Even thought I've put a lot of distance between them, they have left their mark, for good and for bad. There's both.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I can't say you're wrong in that, but I had the opposite reaction when I left them. I decided that whatever happened, they would influence my life very little, either in control or in hate. Even thought I've put a lot of distance between them, they have left their mark, for good and for bad. There's both.

I'd gladly trade you.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You're 18, you can do better than me. What's more, you can do best for you.

I had a glass of water at the family computer desk, and I just knocked it over and fried my mother's work computer. I know I should not have had a glass there, so I took my beating. I maintained my calm throughout the conflict and beating, offering to pick up the bill and hoping to solve the problem rationally. She was angry, though. She threw her computer, which is illogical as it likely broke it worse than it already was. I know how to rescue electronics, but it is too late, now.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I had a glass of water at the family computer desk, and I just knocked it over and fried my mother's work computer. I know I should not have had a glass there, so I took my beating. I maintained my calm throughout the conflict and beating, offering to pick up the bill and hoping to solve the problem rationally. She was angry, though. She threw her computer, which is illogical as it likely broke it worse than it already was. I know how to rescue electronics, but it is too late, now.

I'm very sorry. But what does this mean for you, as a response to me? Please don't answer me directly, I just think it's worth thinking about.

We've talked before, and I think you've been on the right path for a while, and still think you have an idea as to what's best for you. Don't let what you're in, and where you've been stop you from trying to go where you want. :)

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
MQ, I've never given it much thought. I don't think that can be really known (for him or a lot of people--living or dead!) and a lot things have been edited for the sake of appearances.

I do envy you breaking away like you have. You are free now to write what you will on your blank slate which is a wonderful gift.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Can you put this change in terms of function language?

ResLight

The infamous cult leader was highly charismatic and demanded strict obedience from his followers. He is not, however, responsible for most of the CURRENT JW practices. You can thank his successor for the ban on parties and celebrations, holidays, voting (any, whether inside the cult structure or in secular elections), and blood transfusions.

He is definitely a 1w9. MBTI eludes me on this one, but INxJ seems close.

Charles Taze Russell was a non-sectarian Christian servant of God who did not believe in any human authoritarianism as is found in the JW org. He never demanded obedience to him, except in a general way as being the coporate president of the legal entities of which he was president; he did not demand obedience from the Bible Students Association fellowship at large. As far as Brother Russell was concerned, any Bible Student was free to either accept or reject his suggestions, although some local ecclesias set up their own standards. Even toward those congregations that had elected him as their "pastor", he did not claim any authority over their local affairs, and left it up to each congregation to either accept or reject his suggestions. His view was summed in his words just before his death: "Let it be borne in mind that the [Watch Tower] Society exercises no authority, makes no criticism, but merely gives advice; and that in the interest of the Lord’s Cause and the Lord’s people." (The Watch Tower, August 15, 1916, page 248) This began to change within a few weeks after his death.

Charles Taze Russell cannot be heldresponsible for the current JW practices since he preached against most of their practices; under Rutherford, the JW leadership abandoned the freedom of congregations to decide for themselves what to believe and teach, and they abandoned the central teachings of Brother Russell concerning the ransom, not to mention his side teachings on chronology, time prophecies, etc. In short, the message of Jehovah's Witnesses of "join us or be eternally destroyed in Armageddon", is almost the very opposite of Brother Russell's message as found in the Bible of good news of great joy that will be for all the people.

I have the research regarding the above on my websites linked to from my "Charles Taze Russell - Examining the Facts" site.
A Restoration Light Site - Charles Taze Russell – Examining the Facts

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Charles Taze Russell was a non-sectarian Christian servant of God who did not believe in any human authoritarianism as is found in the JW org. He never demanded obedience to him, except in a general way as being the coporate president of the legal entities of which he was president; he did not demand obedience from the Bible Students Association fellowship at large. As far as Brother Russell was concerned, any Bible Student was free to either accept or reject his suggestions, although some local ecclesias set up their own standards. Even toward those congregations that had elected him as their "pastor", he did not claim any authority over their local affairs, and left it up to each congregation to either accept or reject his suggestions. His view was summed in his words just before his death: "Let it be borne in mind that the [Watch Tower] Society exercises no authority, makes no criticism, but merely gives advice; and that in the interest of the Lord’s Cause and the Lord’s people." (The Watch Tower, August 15, 1916, page 248) This began to change within a few weeks after his death.

Charles Taze Russell cannot be heldresponsible for the current JW practices since he preached against most of their practices; under Rutherford, the JW leadership abandoned the freedom of congregations to decide for themselves what to believe and teach, and they abandoned the central teachings of Brother Russell concerning the ransom, not to mention his side teachings on chronology, time prophecies, etc. In short, the message of Jehovah's Witnesses of "join us or be eternally destroyed in Armageddon", is almost the very opposite of Brother Russell's message as found in the Bible of good news of great joy that will be for all the people.

I have the research regarding the above on my websites linked to from my "Charles Taze Russell - Examining the Facts" site.
A Restoration Light Site - Charles Taze Russell – Examining the Facts
Why ESTP?