User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Charles Taze Russell?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 12

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    You're 18, you can do better than me. What's more, you can do best for you.
    I had a glass of water at the family computer desk, and I just knocked it over and fried my mother's work computer. I know I should not have had a glass there, so I took my beating. I maintained my calm throughout the conflict and beating, offering to pick up the bill and hoping to solve the problem rationally. She was angry, though. She threw her computer, which is illogical as it likely broke it worse than it already was. I know how to rescue electronics, but it is too late, now.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    I had a glass of water at the family computer desk, and I just knocked it over and fried my mother's work computer. I know I should not have had a glass there, so I took my beating. I maintained my calm throughout the conflict and beating, offering to pick up the bill and hoping to solve the problem rationally. She was angry, though. She threw her computer, which is illogical as it likely broke it worse than it already was. I know how to rescue electronics, but it is too late, now.
    I'm very sorry. But what does this mean for you, as a response to me? Please don't answer me directly, I just think it's worth thinking about.

We've talked before, and I think you've been on the right path for a while, and still think you have an idea as to what's best for you. Don't let what you're in, and where you've been stop you from trying to go where you want.
    Likes The Wailing Specter liked this post

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

MQ, I've never given it much thought. I don't think that can be really known (for him or a lot of people--living or dead!) and a lot things have been edited for the sake of appearances.

I do envy you breaking away like you have. You are free now to write what you will on your blank slate which is a wonderful gift.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Me, too, though I have developed something of a hateful obsession with the group. I see the members as victims and the larger organization as evil.
    Can you put this change in terms of function language?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

The infamous cult leader was highly charismatic and demanded strict obedience from his followers. He is not, however, responsible for most of the CURRENT JW practices. You can thank his successor for the ban on parties and celebrations, holidays, voting (any, whether inside the cult structure or in secular elections), and blood transfusions.

He is definitely a 1w9. MBTI eludes me on this one, but INxJ seems close.
    Charles Taze Russell was a non-sectarian Christian servant of God who did not believe in any human authoritarianism as is found in the JW org. He never demanded obedience to him, except in a general way as being the coporate president of the legal entities of which he was president; he did not demand obedience from the Bible Students Association fellowship at large. As far as Brother Russell was concerned, any Bible Student was free to either accept or reject his suggestions, although some local ecclesias set up their own standards. Even toward those congregations that had elected him as their "pastor", he did not claim any authority over their local affairs, and left it up to each congregation to either accept or reject his suggestions. His view was summed in his words just before his death: "Let it be borne in mind that the [Watch Tower] Society exercises no authority, makes no criticism, but merely gives advice; and that in the interest of the Lord’s Cause and the Lord’s people." (The Watch Tower, August 15, 1916, page 248) This began to change within a few weeks after his death.

Charles Taze Russell cannot be heldresponsible for the current JW practices since he preached against most of their practices; under Rutherford, the JW leadership abandoned the freedom of congregations to decide for themselves what to believe and teach, and they abandoned the central teachings of Brother Russell concerning the ransom, not to mention his side teachings on chronology, time prophecies, etc. In short, the message of Jehovah's Witnesses of "join us or be eternally destroyed in Armageddon", is almost the very opposite of Brother Russell's message as found in the Bible of good news of great joy that will be for all the people.

I have the research regarding the above on my websites linked to from my "Charles Taze Russell - Examining the Facts" site.
    A Restoration Light Site - Charles Taze Russell – Examining the Facts

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ResLight View Post
    Charles Taze Russell was a non-sectarian Christian servant of God who did not believe in any human authoritarianism as is found in the JW org. He never demanded obedience to him, except in a general way as being the coporate president of the legal entities of which he was president; he did not demand obedience from the Bible Students Association fellowship at large. As far as Brother Russell was concerned, any Bible Student was free to either accept or reject his suggestions, although some local ecclesias set up their own standards. Even toward those congregations that had elected him as their "pastor", he did not claim any authority over their local affairs, and left it up to each congregation to either accept or reject his suggestions. His view was summed in his words just before his death: "Let it be borne in mind that the [Watch Tower] Society exercises no authority, makes no criticism, but merely gives advice; and that in the interest of the Lord’s Cause and the Lord’s people." (The Watch Tower, August 15, 1916, page 248) This began to change within a few weeks after his death.

Charles Taze Russell cannot be heldresponsible for the current JW practices since he preached against most of their practices; under Rutherford, the JW leadership abandoned the freedom of congregations to decide for themselves what to believe and teach, and they abandoned the central teachings of Brother Russell concerning the ransom, not to mention his side teachings on chronology, time prophecies, etc. In short, the message of Jehovah's Witnesses of "join us or be eternally destroyed in Armageddon", is almost the very opposite of Brother Russell's message as found in the Bible of good news of great joy that will be for all the people.

I have the research regarding the above on my websites linked to from my "Charles Taze Russell - Examining the Facts" site.
    A Restoration Light Site - Charles Taze Russell – Examining the Facts
    Why ESTP?
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan