User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Edward Snowden?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

12311 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 306

Thread: Edward Snowden

  1. #1
    Filthy Apes! Kalach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,318

    Default Edward Snowden

    Edward Snowden

    You Must Be Registered To Vote




    ISTP? INTJ? ISTJ?
    Last edited by highlander; 09-10-2014 at 10:14 PM. Reason: merged
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

    Boy meets Grr

  2. #2
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Is there a reason you left out INTP?

  3. #3
    Filthy Apes! Kalach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    Yeah, it seems to me that when he talks he talks big, airy mechanism. In fact, his language includes a lot of accidental ambiguity--for eg. "when you talk to people about them, in a place like this where this is the normal state of business"--that arises from him knowing what he's referring to but us having to choose something before we can understand where he's gone with that. That doesn't formally rule out INTP, of course. It just makes him sound, to me, like Ni. But before I say INTJ, the lack of a high school diploma and the attempt to join special forces is throwing me. Is he really an under-educated INTJ? Or is he ISTP, because when they get going they sound weird and airy too. I don't know a reason to positively say INTP one way or another. (Except perhaps that he's too plainly scared to be INTP, whatever that means.)
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

    Boy meets Grr

  4. #4
    jump sleuthiness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    1,860

    Default

    What makes him a Thinker?

    thinking of you

  5. #5
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    I'm going with INTP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    (Except perhaps that he's too plainly scared to be INTP, whatever that means.)
    What *does* that mean? IXTJs are ALL cowards?
    I'm not going to argue with you, but it seems like a strange assertion....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  6. #6

  7. #7
    Filthy Apes! Kalach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    I'm going with INTP.

    What *does* that mean? IXTJs are ALL cowards?
    I'm not going to argue with you, but it seems like a strange assertion....
    In the video he appears confident of what he is saying, but there's an undercurrent. He is willing to go through with what he has decided to do, and he will speak what he thinks is enough background to explain what he is going to do, but in his manner there is an impatience. It looks like fear. I think it looks like fear of the moment. He has the grand understanding, but the moment is slipping away from him. Will people understand? Will he have done right? Will he lose it all because he gets caught? It looks like the anxiety that goes with closure thinking.

    I may project.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

    Boy meets Grr

  8. #8
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    In the video he appears confident of what he is saying, but there's an undercurrent. He is willing to go through with what he has decided to do, and he will speak what he thinks is enough background to explain what he is going to do, but in his manner there is an impatience. It looks like fear. I think it looks like fear of the moment. He has the grand understanding, but the moment is slipping away from him. Will people understand? Will he have done right? Will he lose it all because he gets caught? It looks like the anxiety that goes with closure thinking.

    I may project.
    How can impatience look like fear? You do come out with some oddities.

    It's natural for anyone to be afraid when they make themselves public enemy #1 of the most unscrupulous nation in the free world. Even when that someone is a kick-ass INTP.
    He has the classic "deer-in-the-headlights" INTP look. Also the trademark monotone. He feels "compelled" to talk. He's not interested in celebrity, it's a necessary evil. Hence, what you perceive as impatience. (IxTJs, otoh, love the sound of their own voices - almost as much as they love the smell of their own farts). Dropping out of formal education / the military / the system is entirely consistent with INTPness. As is his näive idealism. It's hard to imagine any IxTJ having a problem with "turn-key tyranny"....when he is holding the key.
    If this were not compelling enough, he's much too cute to be any kind of J.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Evil Otter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    How can impatience look like fear? You do come out with some oddities.

    It's natural for anyone to be afraid when they make themselves public enemy #1 of the most unscrupulous nation in the free world. Even when that someone is a kick-ass INTP.
    He has the classic "deer-in-the-headlights" INTP look. Also the trademark monotone. He feels "compelled" to talk. He's not interested in celebrity, it's a necessary evil. Hence, what you perceive as impatience. (IxTJs, otoh, love the sound of their own voices - almost as much as they love the smell of their own farts). Dropping out of formal education / the military / the system is entirely consistent with INTPness. As is his näive idealism. It's hard to imagine any IxTJ having a problem with "turn-key tyranny"....when he is holding the key.
    If this were not compelling enough, he's much too cute to be any kind of J.
    This is beautifully done. take your pick...
    http://imgur.com/mgsoD1D
    http://imgur.com/0oTJxLt
    http://imgur.com/fqeVhd8

  10. #10
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Im sorry no Peter Pan is in no way an ISTJ or even ISTP.

    I would go INTP or even INFP for him. I thought he might be narcissistic INTJ at first but no I don't think so.

Similar Threads

  1. Mysterious Tweet Sparks Fears Edward Snowden Is Missing Or Dead
    By Xann in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-16-2016, 07:53 PM
  2. Europe's Parliament Just Voted to Grant Asylum to Edward Snowden
    By Olm the Water King in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-02-2015, 03:09 PM
  3. Edward Norton's type
    By Economica in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 04-28-2013, 01:01 AM
  4. John Edwards On WTC Building 7
    By FranG in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-02-2009, 07:11 PM
  5. Jonathan Edwards: Life Resolutions
    By Usehername in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-18-2007, 07:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO