• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Edward Snowden

What Personality Type is Edward Snowden?

• ENFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENFJ

• ENTJ

• ISFP

• ISFJ

• ESFP

• ESFJ

• ISTP

• ESTP

• ESTJ

• 2w1

• 2w3

• 3w2

• 3w4

• 4w3

• 4w5

• 6w7

• 7w6

• 7w8

• 8w7

• 8w9

• 9w8

• Total voters

Nicodemus

True. Ti is dissatisfied with leaps. Ti wants to see the steps. We're like the math teachers always asking you to show your work.
Much of academic philosophy is like that, too. Very annoying.

Hmmm... I just think his hesitation and his reluctance suggest that he isn't prone to taking those leaps. If taking those leaps is natural, as is it would be for someone with dominant intuition, wouldn't he have leaped much earlier? Why did it take him so long?
I have no way of knowing, simply because it is hard to come by a model by which to judge how fast and in what fashion this kind of bold move is or should normally be done. Anyone with half a brain would hesitate to make it, though. He knew it would change his life forever. Also, if you are going to oppose the US government in a battle of persuasion to be able to frame the issue, it would seem prudent to become an expert on your topic first.

It's the fact that he almost seemed to notwant to do anything that makes him seem INTP to me. We step in only when it looks like nothing is going to get done if we don't.
Not everyone wants to end like Julian Assange. He sacrificed a lot.

In the standard INTJ profile, it always says: Not eager to lead, but will step up if nobody else can do it right.

Last edited:

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's such a bug in your butt isn't it? That we could be better at this stuff than you are. More credible. More influential. More charismatic. Just... MOAR.

Because you are so obsessed with who owns what, you seem unable to understand how someone could be both passionate about personal privacy and the rights of the individual but also open to the principles of consensual community ownership. It's very simple Kalach.

PRIVACY and PRIVATE OWNERSHIP are not the same thing. They don't even sound the same, really.

In fact, they are at odds. Proprietary s/w is bad for personal privacy. As my previous link highlighted, open source software is LESS vulnerable than commercial s/w to the kind of backdoor exploits that Snowden has exposed.
His leaks have damaged the credibility and even viability of commercial encryption schemes.

Snowden gets it. He's into sharing things. But on his terms.

Because, ya know, he's INTP.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Don't blame me, Quick-To-Judge Guy. You asked for descriptions of the functions, and now you're getting them. There's been some on Si and Ti, and now a bit of Ni and by implication Te... Who knew that dollies could be your best reply. Probably Jung would have seen that coming.

Yes, but not from you. You didn't explain or say anything. You just kept on ignoring any argument I made. You cherry picked new data to support your beliefs, rather than using data to refute my arguments, while meanwhile engaging in bizarre histronic displays like how INTPs prevent the world from having "nice things" or engaging in feeble attempts at insults (failing at "fi"... why would any of us give a shit?). You accuse me of not "knowing" anything about typology, while always trying to change the subject when you are asked to clarify and share what you understand about typology. You claim to be an expert, but have done nothing to show me that you know more about typology then I do.

You want me to fellate you and admit that you know much more about typology than I do, but you have done nothing to demonstrate this. You aren't providing arguments, you've written creative essays about how you're actually a very moral person even though you're an INTJ.

I'm tired of doing it with you. You win. You know more about typology than me, and your typological analysis and convictions are without fault.

winner2.jpg

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hey [MENTION=5578]bologna[/MENTION], can we get this thread changed to a more appropriate title, like, "Why Kalach fucking hates INTPs"?

Because that's really the focus of this thread.
Snowden's just a derail and should be excised to the Graveyard.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ugh. Please don't make me read these sorts of threads. :bored:

Sorry, I know it's a dirty job, but Mike Rowe wasn't around.

Besides, it's why you get the big bucks. :smile:

EDIT: Holy crackerjacks, I didn't know Mike was from Baltimore. Apparently he grew up about 20 minutes from where I'm sitting by Beltway travel. Small world.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hey [MENTION=5578]bologna[/MENTION], can we get this thread changed to a more appropriate title, like, "Why Kalach fucking hates INTPs"?

Because that's really the focus of this thread.
Be fair now. He doesn't hate all of us. He has the horn for little Lord Snowden.

Research from Yale University suggests love–hate relationships may be the result of poor self-esteem.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And if only that fractured self-love could be restored, there might be a future for the two of them, downing shots of Beluga Gold Line in their matching ushankas, watching the snow gently fall on the shore of the Yenisei while moose splash about in the frosty waters and US snipers draw steady beads on their rustic cabin from the nearby treeline?

It warms the cockles of my heart, the magic of that special moment...

Now we just need to get Robin Williams to stop shaving and take up his therapist hat again, to bring this movie to life.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The only foot-stomping I've seen around these here parts is yours.

4oF0q.jpg

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You've seen everything? Have you seen this?
That's you, that is.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Much of academic philosophy is like that, too. Very annoying.

Incidentally, I did very well in the philosophy class I took. Although, we read Nietzche, who didn't do that at all. Definitely INTJ.

I have no way of knowing, simply because it is hard to come by a model by which to judge how fast and in what fashion this kind of bold move is or should normally be done. Anyone with half a brain would hesitate to make it, though. He knew it would change his life forever. Also, if you are going to oppose the US government in a battle of persuasion to be able to frame the issue, it would seem prudent to become an expert on your topic first.

We can't really know for certain, I suppose. None of this stuff is proven anyway. And yet... I think typology is worthwhile regardless. Claiming typology is a totally ridiculous concept seems to me to claim that there aren't patterns of difference in personality and thinking styles. I doubt very few people will actually deny the latter. Some people just seem bugged about being classified, as though that destroys their individuality.

Perhaps Jungian-based typology is incomplete or inaccurate, but it's a start.

In the standard INTJ profile, it always says: Not eager to lead, but will step up if nobody else can do it right.

Yeah, but I feel like this in group situations too.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You didn't do anything. Nicodemus stated your case far better than you did. I don't know why you're taking credit for that.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
yawn. I don't get what I'm supposed to do here. I know you want something from me, but I can't figure out what that is.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Checkmate. You're as good at insults as you are at debating.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
hmm, these cut and pastes do make good the supporting cast's thesis.
They actually argue against Snowden being INTJ, to digress back to the OP for a moment.