User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Edward Snowden?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Edward Snowden

Anew Leaf

I guess I just can't see an INTP acting this fast. My dad spent 8 months researching how to organize the bedroom closet for his xSFJ wife. And as far as my mockery can tell, it doesn't affect the outer world much.

Also, closet update time: research occurred in 2011-12. Closet still unfinished today, this day of all days, the Ides of August plus 6, in the year of our Lord, two thousand and thirteen.

(in)formation Array Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I guess I just can't see an INTP acting this fast. My dad spent 8 months researching how to organize the bedroom closet for his xSFJ wife. And as far as my mockery can tell, it doesn't affect the outer world much.
    Who said it was fast? The project had been ongoing for years, and snowden had been with BAH for even longer. Unless Im missing something there's nothing to suggest that this is something he just up and idd. Also, INTJs aren't exactly known to be so quick on the trigger themselves.
    Little does he know I have a machete in my Chanel bag

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    Who said it was fast? The project had been ongoing for years, and snowden had been with BAH for even longer. Unless Im missing something there's nothing to suggest that this is something he just up and idd. Also, INTJs aren't exactly known to be so quick on the trigger themselves.

Oh just the fact he didn't sit on this info for a billion years making sure ALL the things haven't been discovered, etc.

Also I find a lot of intps just like gathering info into oblivion and have to sort of be poked at to do something with it.

So new argument: he's infp because we are totally about knee jerk reactions to save the world from our soon to be dolphin overlords.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post

So new argument: he's infp because we are totally about knee jerk reactions to save the world from our soon to be dolphin overlords.
    No, no, no, no, no! He's INFJ. Don't you see, this is a giant doorslam on the N S of A?
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    My goodness, were his posts really deserving of all of the time and effort you've devoted into such a thorough reply?
    I'm flirting with him.

^^^^^See this??? This is what I'm talking about.

Also, would it be trite to say that Je wants to change the world and Ji wants to save it? Cause that pretty much sums up my thoughts on our boy Eddie.
    Fi might want to save it. Ti will watch it burn.

Honestly, I think if he's like most INTPs, he thinks his job is over once he let the cat out of the bag.
    INTPs have no interest in "saving" people against their will. At this point, I'd say his chief concern is saving himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    @Moderators, I'd like to report a man who just cleaned his desk.
    I had someone do that for me.

I'd like to say I sabotaged things for noble reasons, but in truth I just hate London and hope someone blows it up. Pref. starting with the Palace of Westminster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Yes. He "observed" for a long time, all the while hoping someone else would make it go away. Taking action himself was a last resort. Very INTP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I'd agree with either ISTP or INFJ. INFJ's are all about going balls to the wall to make some political shit come true. ISTP's are all "the pen is mightier than the sword" and shit. in fact, all STP's and NFJ's are revolutionaries to some extent. Usually less so with ISTP and ESTP because we're too busy trying to save our own skin from the turmoil of this world.

(in)formation Array Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Yes. He "observed" for a long time, all the while hoping someone else would make it go away. Taking action himself was a last resort. Very INTP.
    My mother was always fond of saying that if Othello had been the protagonist of Hamlet, and Hamlet that of Othello, neither would have been tragedies.
    Little does he know I have a machete in my Chanel bag

Alchemist of life Array Coriolis's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

His solution to this is a logical one: we change the only variable in this scenario that allows of change: policy. How do we do that in a democracy? By applying public pressure. How do we get the public to care? By informing them a bit, and, if that fails (as it's likely to, given that few people seem to be capable of drawing logical conclusions for themselves), scaring them a bit.
    Working out and implementing a logical strategy to effect change? Put this way, he sounds INTJ to me, but I'm still not convinced.

We made the bomb possible. Implementation we leave to lesser beings.
    Split the difference.
    The difference lies in how important it is to turn possibility into reality. As long as I can keep doing that, I for one don't care if other people want to characterize me as a "lesser being".

But there are ample other clues to his type, if that's your kind of thing. I rely mostly on a gut feeling of being able to recognise one of my own kind. There is a certain ...resonance.
    Same here. I rely on a gut feel that someone is, or in this case isn't, my type and then look for evidence to support or refute. There are some potentially INTJ-ish indicators, but so far, the preponderance of evidence argues for INTP.

Snowden thought it through enough to know that absent foreign political backing he'd have to hide in plain sight to stay alive, but he planned no end game. It's just a belief on my part that NTJs think in terms of real world consequence always. Snowden's actions, while ingenious, smacked of a certain naivete. Like by doing the right thing, rolling himself in the flag, and throwing himself on the altar of our better angels he'd make it through.
    This was also my first reaction to the situation, and a strong argument for INTP.
    In science, when human behavior enters the equation, things go nonlinear. That's why Physics is easy and Sociology is hard. -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

MBTI
    INTJ

Well he's been called terrorist and traitor, why not INTP too. It's not the worst slander. Nearly not.

I say his choice of subject matter and the manner in which he expresses it point to cognitive style. He talks hidden mechanisms of the real world and future consequence. He says:

"When you're in positions of privileged access, like a systems administrator for these sort of intelligence community agencies, you're exposed to a lot more information on a broader scale than the average employee, and because of that you SEE things that, uh, may be disturbing, but over the course of a normal person's career, you'd only SEE one or two of these instances. Uh, when you SEE EVERYTHING, you see them on a more frequent basis, and you RECOGNISE that some of these things are actually abuses, and when you talk to people about them..."

See, see, recognise, talk to other people to confirm. (And then get rebuffed and make your own choice.) If he ever anywhere says even one instance of "when you stop and think about it" or "it follows that" or "because of this non-contingent principle we all understand as true", then he's a damn terrorist for sure.

The stuff about whether or not he planned his escape, that can be answered by looking at his messy desk. He may have meticulously planned his escape and had feelers out for asylum well before switching to BAH, but he's also a white boy who's travel history was compiled on the company dime among company people doing company things. Suddenly he's a competent international operator?

If he sought asylum *before* becoming a whistle blower, he'd need some other reason to be accepted. He was being neither persecuted nor threatened before he made himself famous, so what would his grounds for asylum have been? That he was a spy who could spill lots of secrets for you, foreign government? And that's what he wanted?
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast