User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Edward Snowden?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Edward Snowden

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    INTPs are entertained when other people fail.
    That must be why we you so much. You provide us with hours of entertainment!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

We need more whistle-blowers.

PS. Schneier is INTP too.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

He's pretty sound on plans, as it goes.

Have you considered that things that sound weird to you sound perfectly reasonable to normal people (and vice versa)?

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    ISTP

Of course you are right. What's the point in feeling bad when everything is sufficiently ambiguous so as to make self-righteousness justifiable, especially when nobody else is likely to have the motivation to counter you? You are right. You are right. You are right. You are right. Oh wait, this kind of confirmation bias increases the probability that you will be wrong in the future. So why are chanting about how right you are again?

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    ISTP

Personally I feel like I've entertained this line of reasoning more than long enough. It's quite clear to me that one of your goals is to boost yourself while disparaging other types. To make yourself feel more rational and superior to others. I'm not sure why you'd expect we would engage you in such an endeavor.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach
    suck an egg Ti-ist
    beyond your grasp
    You're honestly not good at it.
    You have confirmation bias (it's actually quite similar to a disease). There's little point in engaging you. It is quite ironic, given the content of your posts, how far away your thinking process is from being rational. http://lesswrong.com

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

We have sleepovers an a'thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    If that's an example of a plan, then no, he's not. The test of planning is when you make up some new mechanism to deal with something that hasn't happened before. In that sense, a conservative list of recommendations is not a plan.
    Ok. It's about as close as I'd ever want to get to a plan, so it's all good.

What think you of Mr Snowden's planning gifts? I see you've stopped arguing for his type and have resorted to denigrating the competition instead.
    Smells like defeat...

Have you considered that thing about facts yet? Still haven't seen any TPs address the facts of facts. It's written into typology that you'll have a weird approach to what's "there" - that jolly Si function, which by definition warps immediate perception, making it inaccessible to the perceiver, and presenting them with something that better conforms to past perception....

And Ti itself - it's built in that immediate external distinction is unavailable. To distinguish between two items, you need a principle, not a simple observation, right? And this is especially complicated when the items are not immediately physical. If there's some conceptual or modeled item to distinguish from another, do you rely on principles and definitions or on working backwards from unchanged direct observation that must alter the model before it itself can ever be altered?
    I think you might be being over rigid about all this. There's nothing in the Big Red Book of Typology Rules that says Ti- doms must use that function exclusively. We are dealing in preferences here, that's all.

Hands up any Ti-ers who understand typology as a system made up to explain observed differences in cognition. Now, hands up any Ti-ers who understand typology as just another bunch of arbitrary classifications that have little or no basis in science. Which aspect is dominant in your understanding?
    Our understanding is more fluid and tentative and responsive and nuanced than you'd likely ever be able to grasp with your blunt hammer of Te, to which everything looks like a nail...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Default What type is Ed Snowden?

What type do you think Ed Snowden is?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

I am literally laughing out loud.

Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast