User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Edward Snowden?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Edward Snowden

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    How can impatience look like fear? You do come out with some oddities.
    If the impatience is a product of a need for control, and that need is exaggerated by awareness that the outcome is in doubt...

It's natural for anyone to be afraid when they make themselves public enemy #1 of the most unscrupulous nation in the free world. Even when that someone is a kick-ass INTP.
    He has the classic "deer-in-the-headlights" INTP look. Also the trademark monotone. He feels "compelled" to talk. He's not interested in celebrity, it's a necessary evil. Hence, what you perceive as impatience. (IxTJs, otoh, love the sound of their own voices - almost as much as they love the smell of their own farts). Dropping out of formal education / the military / the system is entirely consistent with INTPness. As is his näive idealism. It's hard to imagine any IxTJ having a problem with "turn-key tyranny"....when he is holding the key.
    If this were not compelling enough, he's much too cute to be any kind of J.
    I saw him first. INTJ.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

How can impatience look like fear? You do come out with some oddities.

It's natural for anyone to be afraid when they make themselves public enemy #1 of the most unscrupulous nation in the free world. Even when that someone is a kick-ass INTP.
    He has the classic "deer-in-the-headlights" INTP look. Also the trademark monotone. He feels "compelled" to talk. He's not interested in celebrity, it's a necessary evil. Hence, what you perceive as impatience. (IxTJs, otoh, love the sound of their own voices - almost as much as they love the smell of their own farts). Dropping out of formal education / the military / the system is entirely consistent with INTPness. As is his näive idealism. It's hard to imagine any IxTJ having a problem with "turn-key tyranny"....when he is holding the key.
    If this were not compelling enough, he's much too cute to be any kind of J.
    His self absorption indicates Ji dom to me,unless he were INTJ in an ni/fi loop, but people in introverted loops are unlikely to take great outward risks which would require more balance.

His entire life seems to point to avoiding or being annoyed by Te, as well.

What he did was wildly impractical and underthought and inefficient to be a Te type, too. I doubt him being an Se type because he's like thirty and has a sort of idealism that only marginally has anything to do with reality.

I think INxP is a good fit for little lord Snowden.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

NT without a doubt. What's the case for him being an introvert and not an extrovert, though?
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    INTx without a doubt.
    I saw you initially write same type as Ron Paul.

That would be INFP.

Why? Paul is a wide eyed warm hearted idealistic old man who spent his life serving others and furthermore fetishizes Si, which gives him a pseudo ISxJ old fashioned past worshipping quality. He means well but seems utterly oblivious to how badly things might go if his ideas were actually applied.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    I saw you initially write same type as Ron Paul.

That would be INFP.
    Interesting.... meanwhile, GWB is a definite ESFP. I see no other type as a possibility, honestly.
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.

girl with a pretty smile Array Honor's Avatar
    Enneagram
    1w2 so

NT without a doubt. What's the case for him being an introvert and not an extrovert, though?
    He looks like an ENTP to me.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Interesting.... meanwhile, GWB is a definite ESFP. I see no other type as a possibility, honestly.
    Ron Paul is lovely as a person but probably unintentionally diabolical as a politician. His earnest idealism influences others, but the reason he's not taken very seriously is because despite the fact he has some good points I agree with, his platform if enacted as a whole is an impractical nightmare.

I've mostly seen Dubya listed as ESTP actually, though I have even seen ESTJ I am pretty sure that's wrong, George Sr is ISTJ.

Reagan was ESFP and so was Bill Clinton. Mikhail Gorbachev was SEE in Socionics.

Being Se dom is not what made W a questionable president. Though it gave him a very tactical outlook regarding war and a charm that swayed people. I hated him as a president but am aware of his charm and why some people would trust his face.

Analytical Dreamer Array Coriolis's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I agree with INTP, for most of the reasons you cite. I also see in Snowden a drive for the Truth, which often attends that type. He wants the truth to be known, and hopes that will be enough to bring about change, but knows it probably won't be. I can see an INTJ having a big problem with turnkey tyranny, and gaining that key just to be in a position to do something about it. An INTJ, though, would have brought the whole system crashing down some afternoon as Snowden did not, and would have been safely installed in some welcoming state by the time anyone knew any better. Then and only then would be time to tell all.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

His speech pattern reminded me of Matrix's Architect, so I think INTP works best.

Which would be weird, as I've never seen an INTP that idealistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I agree with INTP, for most of the reasons you cite. I also see in Snowden a drive for the Truth, which often attends that type. He wants the truth to be known, and hopes that will be enough to bring about change, but knows it probably won't be.
    Oh, that's a great explanation of his real motivation.

I was thinking more in terms of "be the change you wanna be in the world" kind of idealism, which wasn't making much sense as a direct focus; but to reveal the truth to the world (even though that might not change things much) would be the kind of motivation that suits the INTP personality perfectly.

INTPs hate lies, and to live a lie forever would be very consuming. I've noticed that most types have better rationalization mechanisms (e.g. "I'm protecting my nation"; "That's best for everyone").
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I can see an INTJ having a big problem with turnkey tyranny, and gaining that key just to be in a position to do something about it. An INTJ, though, would have brought the whole system crashing down some afternoon as Snowden did not, and would have been safely installed in some welcoming state by the time anyone knew any better. Then and only then would be time to tell all.
    Not entirely a realistic option in his case. And he'd have to be a genuine enemy of the US state to do it. On top of that, to travel in anonymity to some foreign state and gain sanctuary, he'd have to trade as a spy. The fanfare he created by going public in Hong Kong started more or less a bidding war in which he didn't have to reveal secrets to foreign powers for them to publicly accept him. In private he might be pressured to trade, but while he was still in Hong Kong, he was getting offers, not demands.

Then he left.

I have no idea where anyone's getting INTP from.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast