User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Jennifer Lawrence?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    I'm a big film buff too! And increasingly a Jennifer Lawrence fan. I remember seeing her in Winter's Bone back before she became super famous (it was in July 2010 I believe) and being blown away by her performance.
    I saw Winter's Bone with my dad in the theater right after it opened. We were both impressed.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    I'm a big film buff too! And increasingly a Jennifer Lawrence fan. I remember seeing her in Winter's Bone back before she became super famous (it was in July 2010 I believe) and being blown away by her performance.
    Same! I went through this whole Jennifer Lawrence phase a year ago or so before the Hunger Games hype and was so impressed by her.

I think this is a little different. It sounds like you connected with the person and let your guard down. What I meant about EXFPs is that they just randomly blurt out borderline inappropriate things, that totally throw people off-guard - sometimes it can be what everyone else is thinking (and never dare to say) but said in a completely unexpectedly frank (and usually, hilarious) way. It gives them this sort of unassuming, impulsive, goofball characteristic, which most people tend to find rather disarming and endearing (myself included ).
    Ah, alright, I see what you mean.

There are a few good points here, but you have over-simplified aspects of MBTI and have included things that aren't really related to type. Being a Sensor doesn't mean you never think about the future, lack imagination and don't think intuitively.
    Yeah, I realize that.... I was on another thread where another poster got me into the bad habit of doing that. Nothing was ever "specific" or "concrete" enough.... Sorry.

From the video you linked, the way she and Debra Granik described her acting style was "more instinctual" - which to me sounds more like a Se-Ni approach (or the reverse - ie. either SFP or NFJ) and seeing as Judging and Fe seem wrong for her, I'm inclined to stick to SFP. But then it could just be the result of the difficulty you see with Fi-users in expressing a complex inner emotional process.
    Hmm, I see what you're saying. That could be right.

Also, I just found someone explain Ne on a forum, and it does remind me a lot of Jennifer.
    Ne: Stasis and predictability is awful, chaos and improvisation is bliss. Push the envelope as far as it goes for the sake of innovation. I have to be first, original, unique, special, I cannot be copied. I will walk away from a project if it isn't impressive. It must be impressive, creative, and new. I don't even care how useful it is, or how practical, or what it's function is, or what I'm talking about. As long as it is distinguished and it distinguishes me, then I'm probably interested. I am the tip of the spear, I am the shock trooper for my imagination. My bullets are made of dreams and ideas. I slay the standards of society with my ingenuity. Everything I do is poetry. I think in verse and riddles are my native language. I have to decode my brain for other people to grasp at the million tangents spiraling the drain at all times, slipping away into oblivion to be forever lost, but I shed no tears for those wasted opportunities, because I can see an opportunity in anything merely by my wanting to see one.

I don't mind hard work, but I'll drop a project on a dime if a better idea comes to mind. I have no loyalty or dedication to anything once it no longer holds my interest. I need my secondary function for that. Ne won't let me tie myself down to anything. It just wants to dance and revel in the glory of conceptualization and design, mixing and joining things, people, situations, events, ideas, etc - until infinity gives birth to infinity again, and again and again, a variation of a variation forever.

Oh, and humor is freedom. Comedy is the medicine for ignorance and depression, laughter is the key that unlocks the power of the human spirit fully. If you can't laugh at something, you have uselessly and pointlessly crippled yourself.
    In The Hollywood Reporter, Jennifer said:
    I've never cried over not getting a role.
    Also, from Total Film:
    "So many of the decisions I make are based on my guts," she says. And though she avers that Gena Rowlands' raw tour-de-fource in A Woman Under the Influence (1974) "changed my life", she's not out to copy anyone. "I have actors I admire," she says, "but I've never looked at someone and thought 'I want to be that' or 'I want to make that', because they've already done it!"
    Also, she talked about in another interview (can't remember from where, gah) about how she can always imagine every which way a character could go wrong. And from the German Interview magazine, she said:
    You won’t believe me, but particularly in the morning, when I wake up, I come up with amazing things that need to be developed. For example, a dishwasher that puts the clean plates back into the cupboard. Every time I’m at work and I think of the dishes in the dishwasher, I instantly get depressed.
    Oh, and something that’s been on top of my list since my school days is the fart filter that filters out not only the smell but also the sound.
    Maybe this isn't related to MBTI (maybe Enneagrams instead?), but the ESFPs that I know take so much pride in whatever they do and always want to be lauded, no matter what -- even if they know they haven't done their best work. Honestly, they're both arrogant. And Jennifer is so self-critical and self-depracating. Like she called herself a troll in that Letterman interview, and there's another quote of her slamming her own performance in The Poker House from Flaunt (Dec 2009):
    She's analytical about the work she does, though perhaps a little self-critically, especially when it comes to her performance in The Poker House. "I thought it sucked," she says. "I've never said that in an interview, and I'll probably ask you to re-quote that, but I didn't really see what the big whoop was all about. Everybody was like, 'Oh my gosh! It was so amazing!' And I was like, 'Really? I just looked kind of like sad and boring the whole time and didn't really do anything.'"
    And I don't know if this is an I thing or an NF thing or an INFx thing, but I do know that INFJs and INFPs are attracted to sad and dark things, and Jennifer is, too.
    I am drawn to darker characters. I've no idea why.
    I think I know why though -- we like sadness because it is deeper and more complex than happiness, and we see that as interesting and beautiful.

And in another article I read (from InStyle), she said she didn't like parties again. She said instead that she "like[s] getting ready for parties. It's the best part of the night!"
    But I'm still not sure about her introversion or extraversion. Hmm. Aren't ENFPs the most introverted extraverts anyway? So maybe she is an ENFP after all. I have to think about this more though.

Well, so we should be civil - there's no reason why we can't disagree and be pleasant towards one another.
    Thank you

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Count me in on the ESFP bandwagon!

She seems very down-to-earth. I like her a lot more now that I've seen these interviews.

ESFP 7w6
    I really like cats and food.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Not sure, but she's adorable. Very funny, smart and charming on the talk show circuit. I'm adding her to my list of leading ladies who don't make me want to hurl. So far, that list only includes Jennifer L., Emma Stone and Emily Blunt, with Anne Hathaway allowed sometimes. I'd be interested to know what her MBTI type is, too.
    I love all of them except Anne Hathaway, who is only slightly less annoying than Keira Knightley.

I prefer Carey Mulligan. I'm really excited about her being in the 3-D F. Scott Fitzgerald novel pic.

Jennifer Lawrence was amazing in Winter's Bone, I really loved her character, I actually haven't seen The Hunger Games.

Even when she acts she seems like some kind of xxFP, for sure.

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I have yet to figure out why so many people hate Anne Hathaway.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I have yet to figure out why so many people hate Anne Hathaway.
    They're probably the ones who hate Fe too.
    (And I'm only half-joking.)

EDIT: That's a general statement. I did not read the rest of the thread. So if you hate Anne Hathaway and stated as much here, please know I had no knowledge of that before stating this. And I humbly apologize to you and all of your future descendents and the mice who live in your basement and the microbes you are currently breathing for my impetuousness in this matter. Did I cover all the bases for this disclaimer?

The most Fe role I can recall her in was Alice in Wonderland -- the White Queen is all Fe -- but she has this way about her in all of her roles that is a little bit processed in that Fe style way, and I think it gets on some people's nerves.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    I prefer Carey Mulligan. I'm really excited about her being in the 3-D F. Scott Fitzgerald novel pic.
    I think Carey is an excellent actress, in anything I've seen her in. (The two that spring to mind right now are Never Let Me Go and Drive.)

Jennifer Lawrence was amazing in Winter's Bone, I really loved her character,
    That was such a tremendous movie... ESPECIALLY considering how NOT "cookie-cutter" it was both topically and setting-wise. And I also grew up in the "redneck areas" of PA, and the movie resonated with me greatly. That was the first thing I saw her in and she immediately went on my "must see" list.

Especially considering her youth. She's what, 22, and she's already at the top of not just her game, but everyone else's game as well? Wow. Just very raw and out there, fearlessly so.

Her role as the "other woman" in "Like Crazy" was handled so well that it almost ruined the movie, from what I've read by other viewers.... people had a hard time believing that a guy would struggle with staying with her, since she was so appealing.

I actually haven't seen The Hunger Games.
    Lawrence was one of the best parts of that movie, IMO; but I think the movie fell through / was less than the book in various spots. And she couldn't salvage more than she did. She did play a good Katniss.

Even when she acts she seems like some kind of xxFP, for sure.
    Yeah, i agree.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP

Ne - She struggle to restrict herself. You can see that she sometimes got ideas she just have to tell but then restrict herself from telling too much. (Ne jumping from subject to subject sure isn´t too charming during interviews)
    Fi - She value her own autencity and are kinda restricted into going too deep into her inner feelings.
    Te - She´s 23 y o? That´s around the age when 3rd function really starts to demand focus. She take small pauses to find the "right" words to describe and together with a restricted Ne you can sound really calm and intelligent.
    Si - Well, her neglected aspect which makes her just uncomfortable to talk too much about her past and experiences on how she became an actress.

This awesome girl is very intelligent but also trained for interviews, what to show and what not to. But you can see when she restricts herself which makes her so more interesting because we´re all waiting for her to snap into retard mode (which ENFP´s tend to do) but she doesn´t and it gives this incredible mystique and charming warm person she is. I bet that she refers to "not the best actress" to how many shootings she needs to make a good shoot. She doens´t have enough Se to make a good shoot the first time like ESFP´s tend to do. But after a few (probably above avarage) numbers of shooting the same scene she makes it with this loving genuine touch.

I fell in love with her immediatly and that only happens with girls who are ENFP´s

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

My guess is ISFP. But I may revise it if I learn more about her.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :bye:
  • :hi:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink: