User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Simon Cowell?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 3456 Last

Thread: Simon Cowell

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    His whole career is built on finding temporary gimmicks and squeezing whatever profit he can get out of them. Like getting number one records in the UK out of the Teletubbies and professional wrestlers. Based on your next post, you seem to be typing him based on the "grumpy judge" character he plays on American Idol. Look at what he has spent his career doing, and ESTP is a valid speculation. None of the people who have suggested NT have given a single reason why he would fit in that group.
    That's because they don't have any.

Even so, there is one tiny reason to consider Cowell an Intuitive rather than a Sensor: Intuition is more correlated with narcissism than Sensing.

Not that it matters. ESTP is the right call for Cowell.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Why Simon Cowell is ISTP | CelebrityTypes

Pretty good description in some ways (he got the STP right) - except it considers Cowell only as he appears on TV. No effort was made by the commentator to explore his personality in other venues.
    Some of the typings on that site are surprisingly bad. I'll go with ENTJ. The most visible thing in his communication style is Te. It seems likely that he is a Te dom.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    I'd have to guess ENTJ. Seems pretty likely that he is at least an NTJ. Why I chose ENTJ is because it seems like he has inferior Fi as he has no problem hurting many contestants. Tertiary Se seems to be at play as well because of his ability to make these flashy insults. An INTJ would probably be, for lack of a better word, a bit more boring.
    A similar argument was made on celebritytypes.com, only with this difference: Cowell is considered an ISTP (Ti-dom) there because he has inferior Fe and has no problem hurting feelings.

It's that sort of reasoning from arbitrary axioms that made me almost abandon JCF altogether.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Some of the typings on that site are surprisingly bad. I'll go with ENTJ. The most visible thing in his communication style is Te. It seems likely that he is a Te dom.
    Do you get your ideas about his communication style from his audition shows? Even if so, his attitude in those shows is that of an ESTP who doesn't want to be there and who takes it out on the contestants.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

"Eric [Simon's father] next used his contacts to arrange interviews for his son as a management trainee at Tesco, a grocery chain, and as a civil servant. Both ended in disaster because of Cowell's refusal to work in a structured environment... Despite his plight, he used his sole talent, entertaining friends, at parties, and with his charm and good looks he attracted girls."
    Sweet Revenge: The Intimate Life Of Simon Cowell

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Te user dominant... but I don't know why most are giving him Ni... does anyone have any Ni source for Simon? I've always thought because he's so sensing specified he'd be far more likely to lean towards Si.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Oaky View Post
    Te user dominant... but I don't know why most are giving him Ni... does anyone have any Ni source for Simon? I've always thought because he's so sensing specified he'd be far more likely to lean towards Si.
    ESTP. Simon has no need for controlled environments.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

ESTP. Simon has no need for controlled environments.
    You know, I can mildly see ESTP too if not TeSi but I would still have a few issues with it. Although you say he has no need for controlled environments his judgements on people seem almost too prematurely narrow-sighted that I can't see SeTi users doing it with their dominating perceiving function.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Oaky View Post
    You know, I can mildly see ESTP too if not TeSi but I would still have a few issues with it. Although you say he has no need for controlled environments his judgements on people seem almost too prematurely narrow-sighted that I can't see SeTi users doing it with their dominating perceiving function.
    Back in the day, when I was actually interested in this topic, I read a biography of Simon Cowell. The results of my investigation are posted above. I determined that every type call on this individual was made on the basis of the act he puts on for his television shows. His act is based on controlling authority figures he had to deal with as a child and wild teenager who were constantly criticizing him for his lack of self-control. The real Simon Cowell is a playboy. Some of his act comes from the advice of his father, some of which he actually paid attention to. But when he's not signing autographs for his fan-base, Simon Cowell is out playing on his yacht. When he's doing one of his television shows, he wishes he was out on his yacht instead, or doing something equally unproductive.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Back in the day, when I was actually interested in this topic, I read a biography of Simon Cowell. The results of my investigation are posted above. I determined that every type call on this individual was made on the basis of the act he puts on for his television shows. His act is based on controlling authority figures he had to deal with as a child and wild teenager who were constantly criticizing him for his lack of self-control. The real Simon Cowell is a playboy. Some of his act comes from the advice of his father, some of which he actually paid attention to. But when he's not signing autographs for his fan-base, Simon Cowell is out playing on his yacht. When he's doing one of his television shows, he wishes he was out on his yacht instead, or doing something equally unproductive.
    This makes sense. I haven't considered the act and I imagine he can certainly incline towards a particular character type with it. Certainly convincing and I can lean towards ESTP with that. My initial thoughts were more on that his Ni wasn't very clear in the common typing of NTJ and wished to refute it.