User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Simon Cowell?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 23456 Last

Thread: Simon Cowell

Simon Cowell's somatotype is Endomorph: 4.0 Mesomorph: 4.0 Ectomorph: 2.5

On the chart below he is close to 4,5,2 which would make him an ESFP

Last edited by Psychdigg; 08-04-2010 at 01:30 AM.
    “Sheldon considers human beings as they really are - psycho-physical wholes.”

“the first serious advance of the science of man since Aristotle”

“For the first time the old insights and intuitions about the different kinds of human beings have been clarified and put on a firmly objective and measurable basis.”
    ___“Aldous Huxley/ A Biography” Sybille Bedford, 1974

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

ENTJ 7w8 Sp/Sx
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Upon investigation, Simon Cowell comes across as a 7w8. 'I want to be happy, have good people around me. I want to be free and I don't want to be bored.'
    "To me, Botox is no more unusual than toothpaste. It simply works. You do it twice a year. Who cares, and it balances my smoking and drinking."
    "I am definitely vain. But to be honest with you, I can't think of one person on TV who isn't."

There is no INTUITION in Cowell's personality. I'm not seeing much there at all - a will to win, to be the best, to have the most popular TV show. He has a tendency to glamorize his childhood.

"I was outspoken, obnoxious, cheeky, and bored very easily. A strong-willed little brat."

His "performance" as judge on the audition shows was stolen from various run-ins he had with authority figures as a child who were trying to belittle him into behaving through such methods as ridicule and mockery.

As a child, he would tip over the Monopoly board when losing, rather than concede gracefully. He calls this behavior "competitive."

Now that you have something better to go on than his pretty dimpled grin and his audition show antics, perhaps you can do a little better at typing Simon Cowell.

I hope.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    ENTJ 7w8 Sp/Sx
    I almost agree with all of that. If only there was any Intution in the guy.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

"I love getting money. I want to make money. Real money. Pocket money isn't enough. I want to be rich." - Simon Cowell.

I have yet to see any sign of intuition in that guy.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Simon Cowell is so vain that he bought a sunlamp so that he could tan himself - but frustrated with how long it was taking to get a tan, he stayed too long under the sunlamp without safety goggles and had to be rushed to the hospital to have his eyes bandaged.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

As I've been studying this Simon Cowell character this long boring Sunday afternoon - he is a Promoter in Keirsey's system.

This description fits Simon Cowell to a T:
    Keirsey Temperament Website - Portrait of the Artisan� Promoter (ESTP)

This one also describes him well:
    Portrait of an ESTP

For those of you on this forum, and on the internet in general, who came up with a different call - stop being so lazy and do some research!

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Huh...I was gonna say ENTJ.

Why is he I?
    ESTP.

Simon Cowell is a Promoter.
    Simon Cowell is very adaptable.
    "The ESTP often has trouble in school..." Simon Cowell had trouble in school, and rebelled against authority. Portrait of an ESTP
    "It would appear that ESTPs disliked being under rules and authority more than most types, and are not inclined towards treading the conventional management paths offered within corporations." This is Simon Cowell. ESTP Promotor | Oddly Developed Types

Some of you probably saw some guy on audition shows named "Simon Cowell" and decided he was a judger because he is a judge and because he is judgmental as a judge. This is an act he puts on for the shows X Factor and American Idol. He learned this act through watching and imitating authority figures as a youth, particularly in school.

The real Simon Cowell is a partier. He hates discipline and routine. He is impatient and wants everything now. Simon Cowell wants two things in life: money ("real money"), and success. These two things add up to "happiness" for Simon Cowell. He never refuses to give out autographs, perhaps only because this is part of his job, or perhaps because of some dim sense within him that other people desire happiness too.

"I want to be free and I don't want to be bored," says Simon Cwell.
    "If confinement continues, an ESTP's stress increases. They feel empty and hollow inside, as if dead to the world. Their first impulse is to seek revenge by mocking other people’s values. They become increasingly anti-social and ridicule others with startling displays of disdainful behavior. By causing a scene, ESTPs rejuvenate their fading spirits and at the same time punish their oppressors. Like all SPs under stress, ESTPs get even by undoing the barriers to freedom, especially though gaining the trust and cooperation of others." Personality Types Under Stress

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Simon Cowell is a "Bubble gum pop" producer. That type of music has always has been his specialty and in that type of genre of music there are rarely long term talents. It's the type of industry it is - and he adjusts his business accordingly. From what I can tell he views all his performer as commodity, no different than producing shoes that get sold and worn out in a year. It's like running a factory, only instead of shoes you produce S Club 7, Kelly Clarkson, and Clay Aiken.
    *jumps in this thread with a friendly reminder that Kelly Clarkson just released a Greatest Hits album containing her work of the past 10 years and is still climbing the billboard hot 100*
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Why Simon Cowell is ISTP | CelebrityTypes

Pretty good description in some ways (he got the STP right) - except it considers Cowell only as he appears on TV. No effort was made by the commentator to explore his personality in other venues.