User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type Is Robert Downey Jr.?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 678910 Last

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    hey, it looks good. maybe i will!
    Good. One mistake you and others make repeatedly is on the T/F axis, when the user's attitude does not match his preference...whether it's Eminem or Trent Reznor being mistyped as feelers, or Downey or Oscar Wilde being mistyped as ENTPs, this seems to be a very common sticking point for a lot of people. In fact, once you know what to look for, it is often easier to figure out whether someone extroverts or introverts feeling than whether they prefer F or T...

Hell, I've even seen John Lennon and Meryl Streep mistyped as Thinkers on this forum! I imagine if I were to meet some of these posters they'd think I was one! (((Shudder)))...

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    Good. One mistake you and others make repeatedly is on the T/F axis, when the user's attitude does not match his preference...whether it's Eminem or Trent Reznor being mistyped as feelers, or Downey or Oscar Wilde being mistyped as ENTPs, this seems to be a very common sticking point for a lot of people. In fact, once you know what to look for, it is often easier to figure out whether someone extroverts or introverts feeling than whether they prefer F or T...

Hell, I've even seen John Lennon and Meryl Streep mistyped as Thinkers on this forum! I imagine if I were to meet some of these posters they'd think I was one! (((Shudder)))...
    Well, who really knows WHO is mistaken? Even if RD, Jr took the mbti, it could still be wrong. Hell, on here even seasoned members with 3000 posts question their type. So, it's really all just conjecture and no one will ever really know.......we all have opinions. You just have to decide whose opinion you appreciate, or revere, more.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    Well, who really knows WHO is mistaken? Even if RD, Jr took the mbti, it could still be wrong. Hell, on here even seasoned members with 3000 posts question their type.
    Hell, we could all just fantasizing there even IS RD Jr.

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    Hell, we could all just fantasizing there even IS RD Jr.
    No one _really_ knows anything! There are only opinions and subjective perception.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_ View Post
    No one _really_ knows anything! There are only opinions and subjective perception.
    That's because MBTI doesn't really exist in the first place. I just saw Sherlok Holmes and it was pretty cool, he was such an ENTP... but he had the most incredible grasp of Si . Is that possible? Can you actually become that proficient in your inferior function? He had more Si than Fe...

He definitely seems like an ENTP to me, I haven't seen any Fi in any quotes or videos, I'd like them pointed out if anyone has any idea of what they're doing. I haven't seen much evidence for T either though.
    5 3 9

My gut instinct wants to say ENTP, but many of you make a strong case for ENFP as well. I'm of the opinion that maybe getting over the drugs and all that made him "warmer" and lose some of the clinical coldness that most NTs tend to have. ENxP then!

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    and why not? I'm ENTP but sometimes I wake up in the morning and I'm ENFP. It happens. The only people who know best would be those people themeselves.

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    That's because MBTI doesn't really exist in the first place.
    It's because our mind is subjective in principle and everybody may make a mistake.

Can you actually become that proficient in your inferior function? He had more Si than Fe...
    Everything can be trained, there are good sportsmen (soccers, figure skaters, ...) with N type for example. But having particular success in something does not mean changing type.

^agreed.

Some more videos of him.

The first part of one of the funniest interviews I have ever seen, from 2003 when his movie career started to slowly rebound after he had been in and out of rehab and prison for almost a decade:

YouTube - Robert Downey Jr in the Frank Skinner Show Pt 1 (excuse the bad quality)

And a collection of funny moments with the Downey:

YouTube - Funny/Cute Moments with Robert Downey Jr