User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type Is Robert Downey Jr.?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 56789 Last

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    absolutely. cold vibe. T smarts....easy read. entp to me too.
    I encourage you to read this book, if you haven't:

Amazon.com: The Art of Speed Reading People: How to Size People Up and Speak Their Language (9780316845182): Paul D. Tieger, Barbara Barron-Tieger: Books

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

hey, it looks good. maybe i will!
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Personally frm what everyones saying and all the quotes I'm saying ENTP. Its clear he can be absolutely charming but also that he can be detatched and a bit of a dick at times.
    His views all seem to have a coherent logic as well.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    ESTJ

Besides reading books is good to have a look at the list of types examples among famouses to train "vibes".

i dont know why people claim that each smart ENFP must be ENTP. Really.
    Did you listen him describe his acting process? He fully absorbs in feelings, he's expert in that field. It really striked me when commentators said how he can act 2 opposite feelings at the same time, and how he does it very passionately.

being inconsiderate of other peoples feelings can be simply weakness, or moody nature so sometimes you care too much sometimes you're detached....

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    abcd

He has an album out (called The Futurist) that is pretty heartfelt, if that changes anything...

Okay here is one example of him singing one of his songs:

YouTube - Robert Downey Jr [Details]

Any thoughts?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    i dont know why people claim that each smart ENFP must be ENTP. Really.
    What does 'smart' have to do with it?

I know anything I mentioned earlier had nothing to do with smart.... and I think ENFPs are near the top of the IQ charts in accumulated data I've seen.

'Smart' is not (and should not be) the basis for labeling him as a T.

Did you listen him describe his acting process? He fully absorbs in feelings, he's expert in that field. It really striked me when commentators said how he can act 2 opposite feelings at the same time, and how he does it very passionately.
    Nice. Above, you were upset because someone insinuated ENFPs can't be smart, here you are immediately suggesting a T cannot passionately act and express two feelings at once, regardless of training and inborn talent. That seems odd to me. (Well, actually, let's be blunt: It's inconsistent.)

I think like a T, and people loved it when I play the piano during church worship because I could sense the mood and play into it and accentuate it. People felt things when I played, and not because of my technical ability, it was because of my "big picture/mood perception and creation" ability.

N goes a long way for TPs in terms of aesthetics and F-style emoting.
    So does inborn talent and practice and experience.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    What does 'smart' have to do with it?

I know anything I mentioned earlier had nothing to do with smart.... and I think ENFPs are near the top of the IQ charts in accumulated data I've seen.

'Smart' is not (and should not be) the basis for labeling him as a T.
    I noticed in general people like smarter ENXPs immediately type as ENTPs. It wasnt directed to you or anyone else, I just saw few ENTP typings..

I didnt say Ts cant be passionate... just that he seems to me like passionate in NF way, even when he isn't acting.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

When I say "T smarts" I mean something other than "F smarts." I'm not saying Ts are smarter, necessarily, than Fs. I really don't even think much about who is smarter or dumber or anything in mbti terms because I think intelligence hinges on so many different varibles and life experiences. And I just don't put much stock in IQ anymore, because if you are a dick, who cares if you are a genius?

T smarts in the case of RD, jr, in the split second I thought about it and posted it quickly, means to me that I can see his Ne taking everything in in an almost genius fashion (i think successful actors overall are quicker and smarter than your average people), and plying it with his Ti (which would be pretty good by now because he's well into his 40's) and the resultant expression of that in the characters that he plays. I think it's the Ne/Ti that lends him the ability to switch between characters so easily and quickly as opposed to having 'Feeling' which a previous poster (sorry can't remember her username--oh, Chloee!) stated. It's purely technical, honed skill, imo.

If he were enfp, he'd be using Ne/Fi, which could be. I just think he's a T more than an F.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com