• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Marilyn Monroe

What Personality Type was Marilyn Monroe?

• Total voters

Mole

Permabanned
Marilyn is the phoney, and Norma Jean is the real woman. Unfortunately Marilyn choked Norma Jean.

Mole

Permabanned
Why do Americans prefer the phoney, Marilyn, and ignore the psychological suffering of the real woman, Norma Jean?

Is it because Marilyn is a glamorous celebrity and Norma Jean is unknown? Or is it because they need to be phoney like Marilyn in order to make it, and that they ignore their own psychological suffering in order to make it themselves?

And so they identify with Marilyn and don't identify with Norma Jean.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just read the new Marilyn biography. I'm going to say ENFJ for her, a very strong gut feeling.

Well according to the videos she's definitely not an Extrovert, and not J, though there's a big possibility that she's NF, I would say IXFP..
Though I know a female ISFP and I think she relates to her a lot..

Mole

Permabanned
Well according to the videos she's definitely not an Extrovert, and not J, though there's a big possibility that she's NF, I would say IXFP..
Though I know a female ISFP and I think she relates to her a lot..

Why focus on the superficial aspect of Marilyn Monroe when we can see the deeper aspect of Norma Jean?

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why focus on the superficial aspect of Marilyn Monroe when we can see the deeper aspect of Norma Jean?

Ok :unsure: so what do you suggest? I implied that I built my conclusion upon the videos, I don't even think these videos are long enough for typing..

Mole

Permabanned
Ok :unsure: so what do you suggest? I implied that I built my conclusion upon the videos, I don't even think these videos are long enough for typing..

Norma Jean was a real woman. A woman who was sexually abused as a child and who committed suicide as an adult. Marilyn Monroe was a completely fake false self.

All those who are taken in by Marilyn Monroe show themselves to be extraordinarily superficial.

Also this is a site devoted to psychology, and Norma Jean had a psyche while Marilyn Monroe was a confection.

And Marilyn Monroe is an icon of American popular culture, showing that American popular culture is superficial in the extreme, and an insult to any person of depth.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
she seems like an isfp... i have read things from people that knew her as a child... she is definitely iXfp (in my perception)... i would assume isfp...

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Norma Jean was a real woman. A woman who was sexually abused as a child and who committed suicide as an adult. Marilyn Monroe was a completely fake false self.

All those who are taken in by Marilyn Monroe show themselves to be extraordinarily superficial.

Also this is a site devoted to psychology, and Norma Jean had a psyche while Marilyn Monroe was a confection.

And Marilyn Monroe is an icon of American popular culture, showing that American popular culture is superficial in the extreme, and an insult to any person of depth.

Mmm Ok, this discussion is not type related, I'm not American myself though, I will not pretend to be with/against your point of view, of course what happened to her is happening everyday to many people around the world, I believe many celebrities have had difficult childhood and now became famous and iconic etc. and of course many people have no clue about their personal struggle, I believe most people even in your place -whereever that is- do not have an idea about the celebrities life stories, and even if they do, I don't think this will change the celebrity's popularity and being iconic, sex symbol and all of that..
Just out of curiosity, how is being viewed iconic and popular has anything to do with superficiality of the American culture? How is that any different than any other culture?

Mole

Permabanned
Mmm Ok, this discussion is not type related, I'm not American myself though, I will not pretend to be with/against your point of view, of course what happened to her is happening everyday to many people around the world, I believe many celebrities have had difficult childhood and now became famous and iconic etc. and of course many people have no clue about their personal struggle, I believe most people even in your place -whereever that is- do not have an idea about the celebrities life stories, and even if they do, I don't think this will change the celebrity's popularity and being iconic, sex symbol and all of that..
Just out of curiosity, how is being viewed iconic and popular has anything to do with superficiality of the American culture? How is that any different than any other culture?

Child sexual abuse suffered by Norma Jean wrecks the psycho-sexual development of the victim.

So it is extraordinary on a site devoted to psychology we should be blind to the psyche of Norma Jean, later confected as Marilyn Monroe.

But we shouldn't be surprised as most of us here are out of touch with our own psyches, and are only interested in the confection of mbti.

The confections of mbti are a mirror image of the confection of Marilyn Monroe.

We don't dare look into the psyche of Norma Jean anymore than we dare to look into our own psyches.

Mole

Permabanned
Her great tragedy was that she was marketed in a culture that cared less for her mind than her body.

It's clear that she wasn't happy being a sex icon. Depression and anxiety eventually drove her towards a lifestyle reliant on prescription drugs and alcohol. She became isolated and unreliable as an actress. Her stock fell. What happened next was exceptionally sad.

Ironic that her beauty ended up being her greatest obstacle to happiness.

The greatest obstacle to the happiness of Norma Jean, later confected to Marilyn Monroe, was the fact that she was sexually abused as a child and her psychosexual development wrecked, making happiness impossible for Norma Jean.

So Norma Jean was profoundly unhappy and couldn't show her real unhappy self to the world, so in order to survive in the world, Norma Jean confected the false self of Marilyn Monroe. And the world with exquisite cruelty loved her confection, but did not love Norma Jean, anymore than most members here.

To love a confection like Marilyn Monroe or the types of mbti, rather than the real person, is exquisite cruelty.

Dorito

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah I think people have been ignoring the downright obvious. If she seems ESFP on the surface, maybe she really is ESFP?

That's a great statement and I wish more people were willing to admit what they see.

She seemed somewhat introverted, but if you look at her, how she moves, how she reacts to environment, she was Se dominant. She is also very obviously 6w7, which shows why she looks more shy, hesitant, and introverted. Also, not all ESFPs are shallow. Many prefer to look at what's right in front of them, but that doesn't mean they don't realize consequences, and how things are interconnected.

I am quite clear that she's ESFP 6w7.

Mole

Permabanned
That's a great statement and I wish more people were willing to admit what they see.

She seemed somewhat introverted, but if you look at her, how she moves, how she reacts to environment, she was Se dominant. She is also very obviously 6w7, which shows why she looks more shy, hesitant, and introverted. Also, not all ESFPs are shallow. Many prefer to look at what's right in front of them, but that doesn't mean they don't realize consequences, and how things are interconnected.

I am quite clear that she's ESFP 6w7.

Typing the sexually abused and suicidal Marilyn Monroe shows the emotional cruelty behind mbti.

Dorito

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Typing the sexually abused and suicidal Marilyn Monroe shows the emotional cruelty behind mbti.

How is anyone being cruel by typing her?

Mole

Permabanned
How is anyone being cruel by typing her?

By studiously denying her suffering as a child of sexual abuse, and by denying her suffering as a suicidal adult, denies her humanity.

And our emotional cruelty to Marilyn Monroe is the emotional cruelty we show to ourselves and each other.

Typing ourselves and each other serves to hide our emotional cruelty.

Dorito

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's a bit meta. I don't see anyone denying she went through trauma. Also, she's dead. She doesn't care.