• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Marilyn Monroe

What Personality Type was Marilyn Monroe?

• Total voters

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Her poetry is very meh.

it's heartfelt. i mean, she wasn't trying to be a Poet or anything, just getting down her thoughts ;)
she's very Fi to me and was fairly insightful in a not-so-obvious way.
i love how sensitive she was. in each of her roles she was so responsive and vulnerable.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Some people said she was a T ?!

I don't agree with that! A T would have probably manage to deal with such a sentimental/sexual life in another way...

I just did a research on some serious enneagramm references. They type her as a 6 (wing 7 without a doubt then).

I was more thinking of a type 2, 3, or 4 sx for Marilyn.:shock:

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Based on her quotes and journal entries that I've read, I think phobic 6w7 sx/sp IsFP is right. Guessing 6w7-4w3-9(w8?) for her trifix.

DreamBeliever

I agree with ISFP 6w7. I love her & her amazing quotes. People that put her down really know nothing about her. She was truly a deeply troubled woman.

plastic ciel

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Agreeing with lots of above posters with ISFP 6w7. (also sp/sx maybe?) She was not an extrovert. She had all these quotes about restoring herself while alone. She had strong Se that made her look like an E, I think.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I thought this was Marilyn Manson : O

YellowElephant

To be honest, i think that typologies for truly creative people are useless. She definitely wasnt an isfp. Its funny because she couldve been also an intp, etc, etc. But, but, but... she wasnt strongly f or strongly t. She had certain characteristics, so certain types might recognize themselves in her but the thing is that duality is something you start with. Its very basic, I guess to many people its still a surprise that were different. I think that as you evolve more and more then youre more in the middle and you rise above these. Her major problem was people trying to classify her as something she wasnt. She might have had been through different phases in her life but nothing was consistent enough. And i see this as positive because it shows her growth as a human being. Theraphy ruined her though imho. It was too much of f for her and she lost her balance. i think its a common problem - I mean she knew how to be vulnerable and sensitive not because she truly was just that always (there were many instances in her life when she was pretty much indifferent and very business oriented etc.) because thats something she controlled and she knew how to play but mistaking her with her persona is obviously wrong. Even writing this post seems that i simplify her in some way, she was incredibly complex so there couldve been many scenarios. I'm also a creative person so it means that f,t,s and n are just colors in my palette. Im exactly as capable of being logical as of coming with the strangest ideas while maintaining my s interests. Im also quite good with empathy and reading people and being in touch with my feelings. But neither of them is my main focus, because my main focus is creativity.

Mole

Permabanned
Kissing Marilyn

Marilyn Monroe is an X-ray of American society.

Marilyn was sexually abused as a child and killed herself as an adult, yet she is celebrated in America as an icon of American womanhood. This tells us an awful lot about American society and very little about Marilyn.

We all love Marilyn, a sexually abused child and suicide, the most desirable of American women.

Yet when we kiss her, we can smell the sexual abuse on her breath, and taste the suicide on her tongue.

Mole

Permabanned
Marilyn Monroe is an American cliche. And cliches are born of archetypes, so Marilyn Monroe is an American archetype.

So Marilyn Monroe is an archetypal American woman. And most important the archetype is considered to be sexy.

So the most desirable of American women is sexually abused as a child and suicides as an adult. This American archetype is a victim par excellence. And even more important, a willing, self sacrificial victim.

Germaine Greer shocked us all in her book, The Female Eunuch, by writing that men hate women. But what greater hatred of women can be expressed than the hatred of the archetypical American woman, Marilyn Monroe, all disguised under 'sexiness'?

justwhelmed

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I honestly have no idea what Mole is going on about, but I think she was probably an ISFP. She could've possibly been an INFP (she was obviously dom-Fi as evidenced by the sentiments in her quotes), but honestly I've never seen an INFP with that amount of sex appeal/sensuality.

Mole

Permabanned
I honestly have no idea what Mole is going on about, but I think she was probably an ISFP. She could've possibly been an INFP (she was obviously dom-Fi as evidenced by the sentiments in her quotes), but honestly I've never seen an INFP with that amount of sex appeal/sensuality.

Marilyn was sexually abused as a child and committed suicide as an adult.

Marilyn suffered psychologically all her short life, yet you find her sexy. There is something profoundly pathological about this.

justwhelmed

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was unaware of her sexual abuse (never read a biography, only seen interviews and movies), but now I understand your rant. However, I don't find her sexy (only objectively, as I'm not attracted to women), and if anyone does, I don't find it particularly pathological. I mean they're not attracted to her *because* she was sexually abused and killed herself. If that was the reason for their attraction things would be different. I don't think most people who view her as a sex symbol even know enough about her to know she was abused.

Mole

Permabanned
I was unaware of her sexual abuse (never read a biography, only seen interviews and movies), but now I understand your rant. However, I don't find her sexy (only objectively, as I'm not attracted to women), and if anyone does, I don't find it particularly pathological. I mean they're not attracted to her *because* she was sexually abused and killed herself. If that was the reason for their attraction things would be different. I don't think most people who view her as a sex symbol even know enough about her to know she was abused.

Marilyn is the archetypical victim in American society, and psychopathic sexual predators are unconsciously and ineluctably attracted to Marilyn. And the shocking thing is: this is the richest and most powerful nation in the world which sees itself as a role model for the rest of us.

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Marilyn was sexually abused as a child and committed suicide as an adult.

Marilyn suffered psychologically all her short life, yet you find her sexy. There is something profoundly pathological about this.

Marilyn is the archetypical victim in American society, and psychopathic sexual predators are unconsciously and ineluctably attracted to Marilyn. And the shocking thing is: this is the richest and most powerful nation in the world which sees itself as a role model for the rest of us.

There's no reason a woman can't be sexually abused as a child, commit suicide as an adult, and also be a sexy adult before she commits suicide.

I think there's arguably something pathological — not to mention disgustingly scummy — about you telling your fellow forumites that they're "pathological" (or maybe "psychopathic sexual predators") if they think Marilyn Monroe was sexy.

Did you get tired of telling us we were childishly gullible cultists with damaged psyches for believing in the MBTI?

What sickness can we all look forward to being diagnosed with next, Dr. Mole? And who died and left you their witchhunting cap?

Marilyn Monroe is an American cliche. And cliches are born of archetypes, so Marilyn Monroe is an American archetype.

So Marilyn Monroe is an archetypal American woman. And most important the archetype is considered to be sexy.

So the most desirable of American women is sexually abused as a child and suicides as an adult. This American archetype is a victim par excellence. And even more important, a willing, self sacrificial victim.

Germaine Greer shocked us all in her book, The Female Eunuch, by writing that men hate women. But what greater hatred of women can be expressed than the hatred of the archetypical American woman, Marilyn Monroe, all disguised under 'sexiness'?

Treating a real human woman, with all her strengths, weaknesses and complications, as a cartoonish, one-dimensional "archetype" in the service of pretentious pseudosociology is not the kind of noble service you seem to think it is, Mole — and if Ms. Greer were here, I doubt she'd approve.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I see S as presence and N as non-presence. I know many smart sensors and many stupid intuitives. It depends how much you are with the present moment, and how much you become lost in thought and forget your surroundings.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm considering ISTP as her type, if only because of her insight into the present moment and her intellectualism.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I read somewhere that she is a socionic IEI.