User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type was Marilyn Monroe?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 678910 Last

Thread: Marilyn Monroe

Marilyn Monroe is an American cliche. And cliches are born of archetypes, so Marilyn Monroe is an American archetype.

So Marilyn Monroe is an archetypal American woman. And most important the archetype is considered to be sexy.

So the most desirable of American women is sexually abused as a child and suicides as an adult. This American archetype is a victim par excellence. And even more important, a willing, self sacrificial victim.

Germaine Greer shocked us all in her book, The Female Eunuch, by writing that men hate women. But what greater hatred of women can be expressed than the hatred of the archetypical American woman, Marilyn Monroe, all disguised under 'sexiness'?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I honestly have no idea what Mole is going on about, but I think she was probably an ISFP. She could've possibly been an INFP (she was obviously dom-Fi as evidenced by the sentiments in her quotes), but honestly I've never seen an INFP with that amount of sex appeal/sensuality.

Quote Originally Posted by justwhelmed View Post
    I honestly have no idea what Mole is going on about, but I think she was probably an ISFP. She could've possibly been an INFP (she was obviously dom-Fi as evidenced by the sentiments in her quotes), but honestly I've never seen an INFP with that amount of sex appeal/sensuality.
    Marilyn was sexually abused as a child and committed suicide as an adult.

Marilyn suffered psychologically all her short life, yet you find her sexy. There is something profoundly pathological about this.
    Likes Masokissed, meowington liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I was unaware of her sexual abuse (never read a biography, only seen interviews and movies), but now I understand your rant. However, I don't find her sexy (only objectively, as I'm not attracted to women), and if anyone does, I don't find it particularly pathological. I mean they're not attracted to her *because* she was sexually abused and killed herself. If that was the reason for their attraction things would be different. I don't think most people who view her as a sex symbol even know enough about her to know she was abused.

Quote Originally Posted by justwhelmed View Post
    I was unaware of her sexual abuse (never read a biography, only seen interviews and movies), but now I understand your rant. However, I don't find her sexy (only objectively, as I'm not attracted to women), and if anyone does, I don't find it particularly pathological. I mean they're not attracted to her *because* she was sexually abused and killed herself. If that was the reason for their attraction things would be different. I don't think most people who view her as a sex symbol even know enough about her to know she was abused.
    Marilyn is the archetypical victim in American society, and psychopathic sexual predators are unconsciously and ineluctably attracted to Marilyn. And the shocking thing is: this is the richest and most powerful nation in the world which sees itself as a role model for the rest of us.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Marilyn was sexually abused as a child and committed suicide as an adult.

Marilyn suffered psychologically all her short life, yet you find her sexy. There is something profoundly pathological about this.
    Marilyn is the archetypical victim in American society, and psychopathic sexual predators are unconsciously and ineluctably attracted to Marilyn. And the shocking thing is: this is the richest and most powerful nation in the world which sees itself as a role model for the rest of us.
    There's no reason a woman can't be sexually abused as a child, commit suicide as an adult, and also be a sexy adult before she commits suicide.

I think there's arguably something pathological — not to mention disgustingly scummy — about you telling your fellow forumites that they're "pathological" (or maybe "psychopathic sexual predators") if they think Marilyn Monroe was sexy.

Did you get tired of telling us we were childishly gullible cultists with damaged psyches for believing in the MBTI?

What sickness can we all look forward to being diagnosed with next, Dr. Mole? And who died and left you their witchhunting cap?

Marilyn Monroe is an American cliche. And cliches are born of archetypes, so Marilyn Monroe is an American archetype.

So Marilyn Monroe is an archetypal American woman. And most important the archetype is considered to be sexy.

So the most desirable of American women is sexually abused as a child and suicides as an adult. This American archetype is a victim par excellence. And even more important, a willing, self sacrificial victim.

Germaine Greer shocked us all in her book, The Female Eunuch, by writing that men hate women. But what greater hatred of women can be expressed than the hatred of the archetypical American woman, Marilyn Monroe, all disguised under 'sexiness'?
    Treating a real human woman, with all her strengths, weaknesses and complications, as a cartoonish, one-dimensional "archetype" in the service of pretentious pseudosociology is not the kind of noble service you seem to think it is, Mole — and if Ms. Greer were here, I doubt she'd approve.
    Likes Reborn Relic liked this post

MBTI
    xNTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

ISFP 4w3 sx/so?
    CHOOSE THE PATH THEY'LL NEVER TAKE

5w4 8w9 4w3 sx/sp/so

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

I see S as presence and N as non-presence. I know many smart sensors and many stupid intuitives. It depends how much you are with the present moment, and how much you become lost in thought and forget your surroundings.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan
    Likes Masokissed, meowington liked this post

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

I'm considering ISTP as her type, if only because of her insight into the present moment and her intellectualism.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    269 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI Fe

I read somewhere that she is a socionic IEI.
    Let's get out of here.
    Go some place where no one knows our names.