User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type was Marilyn Monroe?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 45678 Last

Thread: Marilyn Monroe

Banned

My first impression was ISFP. She always seemed so sad and unhappy. Always putting on a show for everyone, while hiding away in her pain. Her slightly aggressive rebellious streak seemed weak and inauthentic. I think she felt trapped in her life, but never summoned enough strength or know-how to get herself out of it until death. How sad.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Meaning View Post
    My first impression was ISFP. She always seemed so sad and unhappy. Always putting on a show for everyone, while hiding away in her pain. Her slightly aggressive rebellious streak seemed weak and inauthentic. I think she felt trapped in her life, but never summoned enough strength or know-how to get herself out of it until death. How sad.
    naw, i defiinitely think she was an INFP. she was such a dreamer. if you watch interviews of her, there is a very similar quality to her as with princess diana. they radiate this really warm, shy Fi. they are so idealistic and sweet and radiate this kind of innocence. total INFP.

an abyss of Nothingness Arctic Hysteria's Avatar
    MBTI
    IxFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

xSFP quite for certain. She is no way an intuitor. Just no way.
    | | | If it is god who makes man, this is the devil finishing touches | | |

At the risk of being accused of being off topic and banned, I think to understand the most famous icon of American womanhood, it is wise to start with the facts, namely that Marilyn was sexually abused as a child, and as a result Marilyn developed a borderline personality discorder. And it is worth remembering that Marilyn was abused by two icons of American power, namely, the President of the United States of America, John F. Kennedy, who handed Marilyn over to his brother, the Attorney General of the United States, Robert Kennedy, to abuse Marilyn further.

And as a result of her sexual abuse as a child, and her further sexual abuse by the most powerful men in the United States of America, Marilyn killed herself.

How do these facts influence the typing of Marilyn Monroe?
    Likes Arctic Hysteria liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    At the risk of being accused of being off topic and banned, I think to understand the most famous icon of American womanhood, it is wise to start with the facts, namely that Marilyn was sexually abused as a child, and as a result Marilyn developed a borderline personality discorder. And it is worth remembering that Marilyn was abused by two icons of American power, namely, the President of the United States of America, John F. Kennedy, who handed Marilyn over to his brother, the Attorney General of the United States, Robert Kennedy, to abuse Marilyn further.

And as a result of her sexual abuse as a child, and her further sexual abuse by the most powerful men in the United States of America, Marilyn killed herself.

How do these facts influence the typing of Marilyn Monroe?
    Having sex with the Kennedys is not the same as being abused by them. I do think if she was abused as a child or suffered from borderline personality disorder, that could make it more difficult to type her.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Having sex with the Kennedys is not the same as being abused by them.
    Imagine Marilyn was your sister, and the married President of the United States of America, while in office, had sex with Marilyn, then rejected her, but handed her over to his brother, the married Attorney General of the United States of America, who also rejected her, how would you feel?

Surely the President and his brother the Attorney General egregiously sexually abused their State power over a vulnerable woman with borderline personality disorder.

Should such institutional sexual abuse were to occur here, both the President and his brother, the Attorney General, would be required by law to appear before our Royal Commission into Institutional Sexual Abuse, where Marilyn could testify about her sexual abuse as a child and at the hands of the most powerful men in America, instead of killing herself.

And interestingly we would be able to ask what is the psychology of such powerful men who exploit State power to have sex with a woman sexually abused as a child and who has borderline personality disorder?

What is the psychology of these men?
    Likes chickpea liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    I could see INFP.

Initially, I debated over whether to apply INxP vs. INTP.
    i've read all of the books about her. she was an INFP. read her poetry.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    And interestingly we would be able to ask what is the psychology of such powerful men who exploit State power to have sex with a woman sexually abused as a child and who has borderline personality disorder?

What is the psychology of these men?
    Would you say the answer to your last question should be any different depending on whether these men were aware that Ms. Monroe had been abused as a child and had borderline personality disorder?

Your post implies that these men were aware of those things. Can you point us to any reliable sources for that, or are you just assuming it because it helps you huff yourself up in one of your self-righteous lathers?

According to the Wikipedia articles, she was reportedly in love with JFK and wanted to marry him, and RFK is reported to have visited her on the day of her death. Do you have any respectable grounds for characterizing their treatment of her as "abusive"? You say they "exploited State power" to have sex with her. Why couldn't somebody just as well say that she "exploited" her celebrity to have sex with them (among other famous men) — or that their relations (whatever they were) didn't really involve anything deserving of the term "exploitation" on either side?

Quote Originally Posted by reckful View Post
    Would you say the answer to your last question should be any different depending on whether these men were aware that Ms. Monroe had been abused as a child and had borderline personality disorder?

Your post implies that these men were aware of those things. Can you point us to any reliable sources for that, or are you just assuming it because it helps you huff yourself up in one of your self-righteous lathers?

According to the Wikipedia articles, she was reportedly in love with JFK and wanted to marry him, and RFK is reported to have visited her on the day of her death. Do you have any respectable grounds for characterizing their treatment of her as "abusive"? You say they "exploited State power" to have sex with her. Why couldn't somebody just as well say that she "exploited" her celebrity to have sex with them (among other famous men) — or that their relations (whatever they were) didn't really involve anything deserving of the term "exploitation" on either side?
    Of course it does help to huff myself up into one of my self-righteous lathers.

But what is of interest is the relationship between the psyches of the powerful men and the psyches of women, sexually abused as children, who as a result, suffer from borderline personality disorder.

Many powerful men prefer women who have been 'broken in' to sex as children, and so can be preyed upon with impunity by powerful men.

Women who have been 'broken in' to sex as children lack the psychological resources to defend themselves psychologically, and this is what the predators prefer.

But what is of even greater interest is that popular culture idolises women who have been 'broken in' to sex as children, and finds their psychological vulnerability attractive.

But make no mistake, neither the predators nor popular culture care for these psychologically broken women as persons. These psychologically damaged women are no longer seen as persons, but as things.
    Likes windoverlake liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by lulabelle View Post
    i've read all of the books about her. she was an INFP. read her poetry.
    Her poetry is very meh.