User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type was Marilyn Monroe?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Monroe

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Have to agree here; I go with blatant ESFP.

"I am invariably late for appointments - sometimes as much as two hours. I've tried to change my ways but the things that make me late are too strong, and too pleasing." (Se)
    Bullshit. An ENFP could say the same exact thing.

"A career is wonderful, but you can't curl up with it on a cold night." (Se)
    This is also total bullshit. I could easily see many NF women expressing this sentiment.

Marilyn Monroe created a character, an image. Quel surprise that the image would closely resemble an SFP since she was a sex symbol. :rolleyes2:

I really have to tip my hat to Marilyn - she's thoroughly fooled young men about her real self even 50 years after her death.

Freshman Member Array simulatedworld's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post

This is also total bullshit. I could easily see many NF women expressing this sentiment.

Marilyn Monroe created a character, an image. Quel surprise that the image would closely resemble an SFP since she was a sex symbol. :rolleyes2:

I really have to tip my hat to Marilyn - she's thoroughly fooled young men about her real self even 50 years after her death.
    Just go look up a list of her quotes. xSFP is pretty clear. That's all I have to say about it.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post

I suspect you type MM as an NFP because you empathize with the Fi you share.

I can relate. Their are times when I read interviews with...Roger Federer, for example, and become so struck by the internal similarities between our mutual Fi and basic intelligence that I "forget" that his Fi is housed and expressed in Se form while I am an Ne...

Here's Miller on his experience...as After The Fall describes, the attraction was very much what one would expect when an INTJ becomes entranced with an SFP:

YouTube - Marilyn Monroe and Arthur Miller...Part One

YouTube - Marilyn Monroe and Arthur Miller...Part Two

Marilyn Monroe's somatotype was Endomorph: 4.0 Mesomorph: 4.0 Ectomorph: 4.0 which puts her in the center of the somatotype chart below. She most likely is an ENFP.

Last edited by Psychdigg; 08-04-2010 at 01:32 AM.
    “Sheldon considers human beings as they really are - psycho-physical wholes.”

“the first serious advance of the science of man since Aristotle”

“For the first time the old insights and intuitions about the different kinds of human beings have been clarified and put on a firmly objective and measurable basis.”
    ___“Aldous Huxley/ A Biography” Sybille Bedford, 1974

half mystic, half skeksis Array jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Did you see this? Curious as to the general consensus of her type after these "revelations"...

Fragments of Marilyn

When Marilyn Monroe died, she left her personal possessions to her acting teacher, Lee Strasberg. After Strasberg’s death, the collection passed to his widow, Anna, who some years later discovered among the dresses, pictures, and other miscellany a cache of personal writings. This week, Farrar, Straus & Giroux publishes these in “Fragments: Poems, Intimate Notes, Letters.” The writings are intimate, unfiltered, and often unsettling:

On the stage—I will
    not be punished for it
    or be whipped
    or be threatened
    or not be loved
    or sent to hell to burn with bad people
    feeling that I am also bad.
    or be afraid of my genitals being
    or ashamed
    exposed known and seen—

They come to us in facsimiles of the originals, in Monroe’s messy handwriting (with typed transcripts on the facing pages), complete with spelling and grammatical errors, giving them a vulnerability characteristic of Monroe on film:

For someone like me its wrong to go through thorough self analisis—I do it enough in thought generalities enough. Its not to much fun to know yourself to well or think you do—everyone needs a little conciet to carry them through & past the falls.

This is heartbreaking, not least for feeding the myth of the dumb, blond, “sweet angel of sex” (as Norman Mailer once put it). But Monroe also emerges in these pages as a surprisingly strong writer, capable of conveying very clearly and beautifully, in vivid images, her own pain. In a letter to a psychiatrist during a hospital stay in 1961, she writes, “Just now when I looked out the hospital window where the snow had covered everything is a kind of muted green. The grass, shabby evergreen bushes—though the trees give me a little hope—the desolate bare branches promising maybe there will be spring and maybe they promise hope. Did you see ‘The Misfits’ yet? In one sequence you can perhaps see how bare and strange a tree can be for me.” She also comes across as a lover of the written word. In this month’s Vanity Fair, Sam Kashner writes:

Several photographs taken of Marilyn earlier in her life—the ones she especially liked—show her reading. Eve Arnold photographed her for Esquire magazine in a playground in Amagansett reading James Joyce’s Ulysses. Alfred Eisenstaedt photographed her, for Life, at home, dressed in white slacks and a black top, curled up on her sofa, reading, in front of a shelf of books—her personal library, which would grow to 400 volumes. In another photograph, she’s on a pulled-out sofa bed reading the poetry of Heinrich Heine. If some photographers thought it was funny to pose the world’s most famously voluptuous “dumb blonde” with a book—James Joyce! Heinrich Heine!—it wasn’t a joke to her. In these newly discovered diary entries and poems, Marilyn reveals a young woman for whom writing and poetry were lifelines, the ways and means to discover who she was and to sort through her often tumultuous emotional life.

One of the more remarkable things “Fragments” does is give us Marilyn Monroe the way we’ve always wanted her: as someone, finally, have-able. This is both satisfying and, ultimately, disturbing. In one entry, Monroe recounts a dream in which she is being operated on by Strasberg and her analyst. When they cut her open, Monroe writes, “there is absolutely nothing there … devoid of every human living feeling thing.” This book feels a little like this sort of cutting open, only in addition to this fear of emptiness there are many other “living feeling things” inside. This is a far cry from “Boo-boo-be-doo”:

Scream—
    You began and ended in air
    but where was the middle?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

ESFP.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychdigg View Post
    Marilyn Monroe's somatotype was Endomorph: 4.0 Mesomorph: 4.0 Ectomorph: 4.0 which puts her in the center of the somatotype chart below.
    No one cares.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Likes justwhelmed liked this post

A window to the soul

ARHD ESFJ

Whisky Old & Women Young Array Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

ISFP; soft-spoken yet passionate person.

6w7 Sx/Sp (Strength & Beauty/Warmth-Cordiality)
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

agree with isfp 6w7

reading about her life, i definitely don't think she was an extrovert

Yeah, I think ISFP.. Although I could it all reversed and see her as a kind of overwhelmed, loner ESFJ. Her F like sentiments and expressions are out for display either way.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast