• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Marilyn Monroe

What Personality Type was Marilyn Monroe?

• Total voters

Mole

Permabanned
That's a bit meta. I don't see anyone denying she went through trauma. Also, she's dead. She doesn't care.

Marilyn Monroe is an icon of American womanhood, and see who she is. Marilyn was sexually abused as a child and this permanently damaged her psyche. You've only got to watch her perform to see she is not sexual rather she has an hysterical sexiness, playing to the sexual instincts of the American male, just as she was forced to play to the sexual instincts of her sexual abuser as a child.

And just look who the American male lusts after. He lusts after American women who have been broken into sexuality as children and who, as a result, have broken psyches. American men want broken American women. American men like women who have been raped as children and so broken in for them.

Mole

Permabanned
Just as Paul Hogan is Australia's icon of womanhood.

Paul Hogan, Crocodile Dundee, was created for the American market, and the Americans were taken in and made him rich. Here we are one of the most urban countries in the world and Crocodile Dundee is a joke played on the Americans. On the other hand Marilyn Monroe is taken seriously by the Americans because she represents in her person America's deepest and darkest desires, a woman raped as a child who responds to American men in the same fake sexual way she responded to her rapist.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Paul Hogan, Crocodile Dundee, was created for the American market, and the Americans were taken in and made him rich. Here we are one of the most urban countries in the world and Crocodile Dundee is a joke played on the Americans. On the other hand Marilyn Monroe is taken seriously by the Americans because she represents in her person America's deepest and darkest desires, a woman raped as a child who responds to American men in the same fake sexual way she responded to her rapist.

Paul Hogan was not created for the American market. And I specifically stated "Paul Hogan" and not "Crocodile Dundee."

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFP 6w7. Marilyn was someone who constantly sought to improve herself intellectually. She understood herself on a meta level and played to the expectations that flowed from that. She sought to please, sought to love and be loved but also wanted to control her own destiny.

She could have been a real artist if she had been born twenty years later and her tits weren't so perfect.

Dorito

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFP 6w7. Marilyn was someone who constantly sought to improve herself intellectually. She understood herself on a meta level and played to the expectations that flowed from that. She sought to please, sought to love and be loved but also wanted to control her own destiny.

She could have been a real artist if she had been born twenty years later and her tits weren't so perfect.

None of what you said contradicts Se, however. Plenty ESFPs are shallow. However, plenty aren't. Enneagram 6 is partly introverted and leads to a lot of introspection, therefore, it will lead to extroverts manifesting as more self-aware than extroverts with more extroverted Enneagram, such as E7.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
None of what you said contradicts Se, however. Plenty ESFPs are shallow. However, plenty aren't. Enneagram 6 is partly introverted and leads to a lot of introspection, therefore, it will lead to extroverts manifesting as more self-aware than extroverts with more extroverted Enneagram, such as E7.
No.

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
She was either a 2 or a 6.

VirgomoonG

MBTI Type
Infp
Night is correct.
She is INTP. Close to INFP.
I read her autobiography. She is a thinker. A good writer, too.
I would have to disagree. I truly think she is an INFP-T through and through. As an INFP myself, I know the way that I express myself through writing verse how I express myself verbally is completely different. You’d probably think I was two different people. A lot of people I talk to online think I’m an INFJ. INFPs are insightful and very thoughtful writers.

VirgomoonG

MBTI Type
Infp
I would have to disagree. I truly think she is an INFP-T through and through. As an INFP myself, I know the way that I express myself through writing verse how I express myself verbally is completely different. You’d probably think I was two different people. A lot of people I talk to online think I’m an INFJ. INFPs are insightful and very thoughtful writers.
Although she is a Gemini. Which I know a lot of people don’t believe in that sort of thing haha. But it would support your argument of her being a “thinker” as Geminis are classified as “extroverted thinkers”. Still, I would have to say I believe it’s her feelings and emotions that actually made her a great writer. :)

VirgomoonG

MBTI Type
Infp
INTP

"I'm trying to find myself as a person, sometimes that's not easy to do. Millions of people live their entire lives without finding themselves."

"Creativity has got to start with humanity and when you're a human being, you feel, you suffer."

"It's better to be unhappy alone than unhappy with someone."

"A career is born in public -- talent in privacy."

"Hollywood is a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss and fifty cents for your soul."

"Being a sex symbol is a heavy load to carry, especially when one is tired, hurt and bewildered."

Monroe dabbled highly in metaphor/symbolism. Very intelligent woman. Undersold as a sex icon.
Honestly, reading these quotes makes me think she’s an INFJ!