User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type was Marilyn Monroe?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Marilyn Monroe

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by geedoenfj View Post
    Ok so what do you suggest? I implied that I built my conclusion upon the videos, I don't even think these videos are long enough for typing..
    Norma Jean was a real woman. A woman who was sexually abused as a child and who committed suicide as an adult. Marilyn Monroe was a completely fake false self.

All those who are taken in by Marilyn Monroe show themselves to be extraordinarily superficial.

Also this is a site devoted to psychology, and Norma Jean had a psyche while Marilyn Monroe was a confection.

And Marilyn Monroe is an icon of American popular culture, showing that American popular culture is superficial in the extreme, and an insult to any person of depth.
    Likes geedoenfj liked this post

Egad! No bondage! Array Obfuscate's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    954 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ili Ni

she seems like an isfp... i have read things from people that knew her as a child... she is definitely iXfp (in my perception)... i would assume isfp...
    "The vanity of intelligence is that the intelligent man is often more committed to 'one-upping' his opponent than being truthful. When the idea of intelligence, rather than intelligence itself, becomes a staple, there is no wisdom in it."
    Criss Jami

"When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but creatures of emotion."
    "Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving."
    Dale Carnegie
    Likes geedoenfj liked this post

This user is always right Array geedoenfj's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Default Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Norma Jean was a real woman. A woman who was sexually abused as a child and who committed suicide as an adult. Marilyn Monroe was a completely fake false self.

All those who are taken in by Marilyn Monroe show themselves to be extraordinarily superficial.

Also this is a site devoted to psychology, and Norma Jean had a psyche while Marilyn Monroe was a confection.

And Marilyn Monroe is an icon of American popular culture, showing that American popular culture is superficial in the extreme, and an insult to any person of depth.
    Mmm Ok, this discussion is not type related, I'm not American myself though, I will not pretend to be with/against your point of view, of course what happened to her is happening everyday to many people around the world, I believe many celebrities have had difficult childhood and now became famous and iconic etc. and of course many people have no clue about their personal struggle, I believe most people even in your place -whereever that is- do not have an idea about the celebrities life stories, and even if they do, I don't think this will change the celebrity's popularity and being iconic, sex symbol and all of that..
    Just out of curiosity, how is being viewed iconic and popular has anything to do with superficiality of the American culture? How is that any different than any other culture?
    Work for a cause not for Applause
    Live to express not to Impress

6w7 > 4w3 > 1w2

Quote Originally Posted by geedoenfj View Post
    Mmm Ok, this discussion is not type related, I'm not American myself though, I will not pretend to be with/against your point of view, of course what happened to her is happening everyday to many people around the world, I believe many celebrities have had difficult childhood and now became famous and iconic etc. and of course many people have no clue about their personal struggle, I believe most people even in your place -whereever that is- do not have an idea about the celebrities life stories, and even if they do, I don't think this will change the celebrity's popularity and being iconic, sex symbol and all of that..
    Just out of curiosity, how is being viewed iconic and popular has anything to do with superficiality of the American culture? How is that any different than any other culture?
    Child sexual abuse suffered by Norma Jean wrecks the psycho-sexual development of the victim.

So it is extraordinary on a site devoted to psychology we should be blind to the psyche of Norma Jean, later confected as Marilyn Monroe.

But we shouldn't be surprised as most of us here are out of touch with our own psyches, and are only interested in the confection of mbti.

The confections of mbti are a mirror image of the confection of Marilyn Monroe.

We don't dare look into the psyche of Norma Jean anymore than we dare to look into our own psyches.

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Her great tragedy was that she was marketed in a culture that cared less for her mind than her body.

It's clear that she wasn't happy being a sex icon. Depression and anxiety eventually drove her towards a lifestyle reliant on prescription drugs and alcohol. She became isolated and unreliable as an actress. Her stock fell. What happened next was exceptionally sad.

Ironic that her beauty ended up being her greatest obstacle to happiness.
    The greatest obstacle to the happiness of Norma Jean, later confected to Marilyn Monroe, was the fact that she was sexually abused as a child and her psychosexual development wrecked, making happiness impossible for Norma Jean.

So Norma Jean was profoundly unhappy and couldn't show her real unhappy self to the world, so in order to survive in the world, Norma Jean confected the false self of Marilyn Monroe. And the world with exquisite cruelty loved her confection, but did not love Norma Jean, anymore than most members here.

To love a confection like Marilyn Monroe or the types of mbti, rather than the real person, is exquisite cruelty.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910