User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type Is Fiona Apple?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fiona Apple

Default Fiona Apple

Note: You Must Be Registered To Vote

Am I using this subforum right?
    Last edited by highlander; 09-04-2014 at 07:20 AM.
    Likes Animal, highlander liked this post

Oh, so I wasn't supposed to post threads here. That's fine. Where did the replies go, though?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

INFP 4w5, definitely. Maybe 4w5-6-8w9 sx/sp

“If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us.” - Hermann Hesse

MBTI
    NiFe
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

4w5 yes, but INFJ rather than INFP. She's like the socionics INFp/IEI poster child.
    [ 4(69) "The Seeker"; IEI-2Ni (INFp) ]

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

I just watched this other video of her, which I feel gives a slightly different impression (it's long enough to get a pretty good feel). She refers to herself as "such a compulsive doubter" and seems a bit more laid back and lazy in speech than I would expect from a 4w5-- she often doesn't pronounce the "g" in "ing" ending words ("makin', "talkin", etc.). Not that anyone could tell from a video alone, but I do think there are 6 and 9 influnces if she is 4w5 (469).
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my short four question Enneagram survey!✨
    Likes Animal liked this post

Blood of the Exile Array Animal's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Se

7w6!!!!

I've spent all week thinking about her type, so it's a nice coincidence to stumble on this thread right now. It will be even better if I can articulate this neatly..

First of all.. She expresses her shame but she also makes fun of it at the same time. She never seems to wallow in it. Let's take this song, for instance, which I used to think was 4ish, before I typed correctly at 4 or understood the essence of the type.

People might say "Oh she's expressing shame and being a bad person" - but this is a 7's line to 1. Listen to the lyrics.. "I keep living this day like the next will never come" - this is a pure expression of 7w6. "I've done wrong and I wanna suffer for my sin" - 7 self-punishing, line to 1. This is a very 7ish, Take-what-you-want strategy. Not 4 at all. She makes a mockery of her shame. It's different for 4s. Here is what a 4 looks like:

"Poor me, I'm not good enough"

"Please rescue me, I need someone to understand me"

Those two videos are explicitly type 4 expressions. Now contrast this to Fiona Apple's mockery of her own shame and pain. The expressions on her face.. it's an expression of her own boredom.. haha.

She is whimsical and hilarious and pleasure-seeking.

And here she talks about how she never finishes songs and works better with deadlines. And her energy on stage is very "fun" ... she's very much an "entertainer" which 7s often are, rather than a "watch me suffer and feel with me" energy like 4s.

Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISFP ~ ESI-Se
    Likes small.wonder, Mane, Tiny Dancer liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Se

Quote Originally Posted by small.wonder View Post
    She refers to herself as "such a compulsive doubter" and seems a bit more laid back and lazy in speech than I would expect from a 4w5-- she often doesn't pronounce the "g" in "ing" ending words ("makin', "talkin", etc.). Not that anyone could tell from a video alone, but I do think there are 6 and 9 influnces if she is 4w5 (469).
    I had considered 6 and 4 for her previously (I heard the compulsive doubter thing too, on another interview) but after obsessing over this for a week and comparing her to actual 6s and 7s (lol) I feel like it's a 6 wing. Also this is a really interesting observation about how she's lazy in speech and only heightens my 7w6 case because 7s are very "I'm fine just as I am" and just spit it out there. I loved this observation.
    Likes small.wonder liked this post

Permabanned Array

If I am correct interpreting that "not about love" is not quite herself but her parody of an SO critique & response her (Taking the clip's depiction literally), real or imagined in her head, combined with her terrified reactions at the possibility of being looked over the shoulder, and how in the interviews her approach is not to make her insanity her own unique cross to bear but to call out the rest of the world for hiding there's. She is not isolate her identity based on the crazy like a 4 would, she's declaring we're all made from the same clay of crazy, this is all a lot more fitting for a 7w6.

+1 @Animal
    Likes Animal, Tiny Dancer liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Se

Quote Originally Posted by Jarlaxle View Post
    If I am correct interpreting that "not about love" is not quite herself but her parody of an SO critique & response her (Taking the clip's depiction literally), real or imagined in her head, combined with her terrified reactions at the possibility of being looked over the shoulder, and how in the interviews her approach is not to make her insanity her own unique cross to bear but to call out the rest of the world for hiding there's. She is not isolate her identity based on the crazy like a 4 would, she's declaring we're all made from the same clay of crazy, this is all a lot more fitting for a 7w6.

+1 @<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/members/17911.html" target="_blank">Animal</a>
    Along these same lines, this song is a perfect expression of 7w6 SX - - - - PERFECT. She is singing about how she is being seen as "irresponsible" by someone else, but really she has her feet on the ground and has trouble to cause and she can't be stifled. It sounds like she's grappling with how this person stifles her by viewing her a certain way. This is a 7 SX expression if i have heard one in my entire life.. Don't know why I didn't think of it yesterday..

Likes Tiny Dancer liked this post

Junior Member Array Tiny Dancer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

+1 to Animal. Fiona is a sexual 7 to the bone.

I am Jack's sprite, planting sweet mischief into his mind at night.
    749sx
    Likes Animal liked this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast