User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Maynard James Keenan (Tool/A Perfect Circle/Puscifer)?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 234

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Default Maynard James Keenan (Tool/A Perfect Circle/Puscifer)

x

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Permabanned

INFJ I think

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I'm getting strong NFP from his humor and interviews.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I have seen people type him as an ISFP, but I just don't see it. He seems like an INxx of some sort. Maybe INTJ.
    "If only every generation would realize that the time for greatness is right now when they’re alive…the time to flower is now."

– Patti Smith

MBTI
    None
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

I don't know for sure what type he is, only that he has a ton of Ni, as evidenced by this song:

Likes Santosha liked this post

Wei 18 - Sie 39 agentwashington's Avatar
    MBTI
    mbti
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    SNL None

My instinct was INTJ, because his sarcasm and quick reflexes (that part where he hipthrows a fan) says high Te, but not Te dom. Self-depreciation and sarcasm doesn't necessarily say whether one's Ti or Te, but the nature of impatience associated with high Te and quickness of judgment, the mercilessness of execution really just seems like high Te.

Hard to say because all we know is what is being sold to us, and I pretty much never cared for Puscifer, so there's that.

"If you're gonna play Monopoly, you're in it all the way," he told Rolling Stone of his guiding philosophy in a recent conversation. "No matter where you land. It doesn't matter if you don't own Park Place. If you decided to play, you're gonna play it better than you did yesterday and better than the person next to you."
    ...That Te/Fi work ethic.

I also definitely think he's done a TON of drugs. The way he put it, it sounds cautionary to me. Like "sure, you can do this, but if you don't do this this will happen, and trust me i know"
    "You’re on Earth. There’s no cure for that."
    — Samuel Beckett, Endgame

“This world is beautiful. People can love each other and live life respecting each other. Someday everyone will come to realize that and this will become a beautiful world full of only such people.”
    — Kino no Tabi

I think he's a five, at least Tool is a very 5w4 band.

He seems reclusive too, which adds to my suspicion of him being a five.

Wei 18 - Sie 39 agentwashington's Avatar
    MBTI
    mbti
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    SNL None

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    I think he's a five, at least Tool is a very 5w4 band.

He seems reclusive too, which adds to my suspicion of him being a five.
    APC is a little more varied; there's more political stuff and specific sentiments of specific situations, individuals, or moments, but that really doesn't contradict the possibility that he's a five. Fuck, his saltiness about LA in Aenima... Hohohoho. So annoyed with all those trivial, hypocritical shit. I love this salty old man.

The disintegration towards 7 ... Given songs like H., Sober, The Hollow, etc, it points towards 5. The River in Puscifer seems to reflect that holy idea that a spiritual 5 would represent, too, it's also present in The Reflection, Lateralus, Parabol/Parabola, etc etc.

I really wonder what picture his autobiography gives, but I'm not gonna buy it because I'm broke.

Someone do us a big favour and buy that book.
    "You’re on Earth. There’s no cure for that."
    — Samuel Beckett, Endgame

“This world is beautiful. People can love each other and live life respecting each other. Someday everyone will come to realize that and this will become a beautiful world full of only such people.”
    — Kino no Tabi
    Likes Typh0n, meowington liked this post