User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Bill Hicks

Default Bill Hicks

Bill Hicks

You Must Be Registered To Vote

What do you think of his type? Personally I think his whole act is loads of both Ne and Fi, coupled with a Te that would be the most prominent when he's provoked or really lashing out in a tirade of hate and disgust against the government, the media, the audience and whatnot. I think he's ENFP.

What's his enneagram; 7w8? 8w9? 1w9? Sx/So?

Thoughts?
    Last edited by highlander; 02-09-2015 at 03:10 AM.

MBTI
    INFP

ENFP. He was very passionate, and his stand up was just a soap box to rile people up so they would get angry at the corruption around them.

ENFP or ENTP..

7. ENFP 7

MBTI
    ERTP

I say ENTP for sure. He was so into that "people suck" vibe that he'd make other anti-socials appear fluffy.
    He was "hollow on the inside" - the crying entertainer. ENFPs are often "warm on the inside" -> Fi
    I also think Hicks was very Ti-Fe.

http://www.celebritytypes.com/philos...entp.htm#Hicks
    best collection of philosopher typings online

http://www.celebritytypes.com/philosophers/

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    I say ENTP for sure. He was so into that "people suck" vibe that he'd make other anti-socials appear fluffy.
    He was "hollow on the inside" - the crying entertainer. ENFPs are often "warm on the inside" -> Fi
    I also think Hicks was very Ti-Fe.

http://www.celebritytypes.com/philos...entp.htm#Hicks
    I disagree. He had a very humanistic philosophy and believed that everyone is good at heart, just that the people had been brainwashed by media and government into an apathetic state of mind. "Behind every cynic is a dissappointed idealist" is a quote that can be applied here. I'll show you some clips where I think he's displaying Fi, coupled with angry Te:

[YOUTUBE="cfkvpcjNk7c"]Artistic Roll Call[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="xRkA6zugNMQ"]Play From Your Fucking Heart[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="iMUiwTubYu0"]It's Just A Ride[/YOUTUBE]

Where do you pick up Ti? Can you give some examples?

MBTI
    ERTP

if he said that people could actually maintain some inner core of goodness and so on then i'd say fe for sure.

but lets take a look at the last clip. the last video you posted. he implies even that families is just "part of the ride" an illusion

angry te? dunno, wouldn't te acutally look for ways of altering something. concrete, applicaple, predictable? i see hicks wanting to open up to the unkown, to the empty slate. and thats very entp to me.

do you buy that enfp = the champion ? - the premise being that they often champion is tangliable concrete solution that they want people to support and often, enfps sell off the world as a better place *if only* this vision could be implemented. by contrast, i think that ENTPs hesitate to sell the world off as a better place, even if people would follow their ideas. to entps, the world tends to be "empty", even after they'd get their way.

for example, as you can see, i belive socrates and machiavelli to be entps. even as these people said alot about their ideal philosophies they still do it somewhat hesitantly.

anyway, these are not the best arguments I can come up with. but i know hick very well. maybe we dont have the same conception of ENTP/ENFP. here are some people that I believe to be ENFP:

http://www.celebritytypes.com/philosophers/enfp.htm

(yes i know that nader does not seem to be an enfp at first glance, but I do belive he uses ne-fi-te-si in that order)

Banned

My guess would be ENTP/5. One thing I can't understand is why people laugh at his stand up routine. Once and a while he says something snicker-worthy yes, but usually he just delivered wisdom soaked in hate, which in it's own way deserve being lifted to the skies with awe.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    if he said that people could actually maintain some inner core of goodness and so on then i'd say fe for sure.

but lets take a look at the last clip. the last video you posted. he implies even that families is just "part of the ride" an illusion

angry te? dunno, wouldn't te acutally look for ways of altering something. concrete, applicaple, predictable? i see hicks wanting to open up to the unkown, to the empty slate. and thats very entp to me.

do you buy that enfp = the champion ? - the premise being that they often champion is tangliable concrete solution that they want people to support and often, enfps sell off the world as a better place *if only* this vision could be implemented. by contrast, i think that ENTPs hesitate to sell the world off as a better place, even if people would follow their ideas. to entps, the world tends to be "empty", even after they'd get their way.

for example, as you can see, i belive socrates and machiavelli to be entps. even as these people said alot about their ideal philosophies they still do it somewhat hesitantly.

anyway, these are not the best arguments I can come up with. but i know hick very well. maybe we dont have the same conception of ENTP/ENFP. here are some people that I believe to be ENFP:

http://www.celebritytypes.com/philosophers/enfp.htm

(yes i know that nader does not seem to be an enfp at first glance, but I do belive he uses ne-fi-te-si in that order)
    Well, isn't that exactly what he did, trying to change the world into a better place? He championed his ideals quite brashly, and not "hesitantly". He even saw himself more as a preacher than a comedian. And I don't know about just ENTP's wanting to open up to the unknown, care to elaborate?

By the way is it your site?

Quote Originally Posted by Within
    My guess would be ENTP. One thing I can't understand is why people laugh at his stand up routine. Once and a while he says something snicker-worthy yes, but usually he just delivered wisdom soaked in hate, which in it's own way deserve being lifted to the skies with awe.
    I'm always laughing to the point of tears whenever I watch the clip where he's imitating a trailer trash mother giving birth to "little miracles".

"I'm going to call you Lorry Driver Jr!"

MBTI
    ERTP

Well, isn't that exactly what he did, trying to change the world into a better place? He championed his ideals quite brashly, and not "hesitantly". He even saw himself more as a preacher than a comedian. And I don't know about just ENTP's wanting to open up to the unknown, care to elaborate?
    yes my arguments come out kind of muddled. what i alluded to wasn't his delivery which is brash enough for two. but rather, what does he promise us if we do his thing? can you set a finger on it? its all very vague to me

ill try to explain

nader (if we can belive him to be an enfp): what does nader want? he wants to ban the corvair
    what will happen if we ban the corvair? well all be safer, the automobile industry will have to make better cars for us, the world will be a better place
    its tangliable and concrete

socrates (if we can belive him to be an entp): what does socrates want?
    he wants us to examine our arguments dialectically and remain intellectually honest while doing so
    what does he promise us? well, uh, nothing really. he just has this idea that everything will be better if we use the dialectical method. we wants to open up the way we debate to allow for something greater what it is, he cant really say

machiavelli (if we can accept him as ENTP): what does he want?
    he wants us to accept a form of goverment where factions are constantly vying for power against each other. not so controversial now, but try going back to the renaissance. everyone else wanted a strong monarch.
    what does machiavelli promise us if we do what he says? well, uh, something vague about always being better and more flexible in a conflict.

again, im pretty scatter brained here. what i am getting at, is that the ENTPs are sort of an abstract designer. they're not champions like ENFPs.

lets say we have the classic political conflict of the orders: people / aristocracy / monarch - ENFPs would typically champion one of those. thus we have a concrete tangliable goal and a concrete tangliable outcome.

on the other hand, analytical ENTPs would typically look for a way for design "the rules of the game" so that each order contributes the most to the whole and dis-contributes the least. socrates dialectic is also just rules for having a conversation

i once wrote somewhere:
    Fe is World-then-ego
    Fi is Ego-then-world

what does hicks promise us if we something manage to connect with our inner cosmic light and love all people? again, something pretty vague.

an analytic ENTP sort of designs how to make the game fair
    a champion ENFP just wants his side to win

IMHO

By the way is it your site?
    yes