First 123 Last

Thread: Bill Hicks

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
    I disagree. He had a very humanistic philosophy and believed that everyone is good at heart, just that the people had been brainwashed by media and government into an apathetic state of mind. "Behind every cynic is a dissappointed idealist" is a quote that can be applied here. I'll show you some clips where I think he's displaying Fi, coupled with angry Te:

[YOUTUBE="cfkvpcjNk7c"]Artistic Roll Call[/YOUTUBE]
    That's what convinced me of ENFP. He takes Leno's selling out almost as an act of betrayal. The way he calls him a "fucking whore" and acts as though he's a sort of moral authority on the matter. I know it's for the sake of comedy (and Hicks' schtick was that of a curmudgeon) but still, I don't see an ENTP (or any NT) fixating on it in this way.

Also, ENTPs typically keep their audience "in" on the joke. Compare Ricky Gervais or Eddie Izzard; They always have this more amiable demeanor, even when riffing on taboo subjects. They may as well be saying "You think that was good? Here's another one. I know, I'm hilarious". To me, that's an indication of Ti-Fe. Te humor is more blunt, more abrasive. It's basically " This is how it is, don't argue with me... now suck my dick". That's Hicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Killjoy View Post
    That's what convinced me of ENFP. He takes Leno's selling out almost as an act of betrayal. The way he calls him a "fucking whore" and acts as though he's a sort of moral authority on the matter. I know it's for the sake of comedy (and Hicks' schtick was that of a curmudgeon) but still, I don't see an ENTP (or any NT) fixating on it in this way.

Also, ENTPs typically keep their audience "in" on the joke. Compare Ricky Gervais or Eddie Izzard; They always have this more amiable demeanor, even when riffing on taboo subjects. They may as well be saying "You think that was good? Here's another one. I know, I'm hilarious". To me, that's an indication of Ti-Fe. Te humor is more blunt, more abrasive. It's basically " This is how it is, don't argue with me... now suck my dick". That's Hicks.
    Yes! How he goes about everyone who ever does a commercial for money is of the artistic roll call, the hatred and bashing of the one who did (especially since Bill had looked up to Leno in the beginning of his career), I think that all screams Fi.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INT-

ENTP 4w5 or 5w4
    INTP 4w5 SX/SP
    Tritype 4/5/8

Quote Originally Posted by Fan.of.Devin View Post
    ENTP 4w5 or 5w4
    Why 4w5/5w4? He was never quiet or introverted, he was an entertainer and a rebel from an early age and not detached in any sort of way.
    I could possibly see him as a 4w3, but I think 7 or somewhere in the gut triad would be more accurate. Lot of rage in that man.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INT-

The 4 and 5 enneagram descriptions don't really indicate any huge amount of introversion or extroversion, I don't think (I actually don't think any of the enneagram descriptions do very explicitly).
    Maybe 4s are arguably portrayed as introverts, I guess.

I saw him as very cerebral(5), individualistic(4/8), and opinionated(5/4?), but also very detached and uninterested in dealing with most other people (let alone controlling them, which rules out the possibility of 8).
    In other words, more content to just do his own thing and tell others to go screw.

I also saw him as somewhat extroverted, and very misanthropic and content with solitude.
    INTP 4w5 SX/SP
    Tritype 4/5/8

Quote Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
    He was never quiet or introverted
    I remember his mum describing him as a serious, introverted child.

I'd guess 5w4 or 4w5, and some kind of NF.

MBTI
    IXXX

he was both

NT's don't sing songs about love:

watch?v=pd6_IUbBsiM

Quote Originally Posted by dsilva View Post
    he was both

NT's don't sing songs about love:

watch?v=pd6_IUbBsiM
    what about celine dion?

MBTI
    InFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

cp6w5 (sx/so, probably), not 4 or 5. After reading American Scream (which is a pretty good bio) I think he was ENtP instead of ENfP like I previously thought. I might come back later and make my case for Ne/Ti/Fe over Ne/Fi/Te.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    lets say we have the classic political conflict of the orders: people / aristocracy / monarch - ENFPs would typically champion one of those. thus we have a concrete tangliable goal and a concrete tangliable outcome.

on the other hand, analytical ENTPs would typically look for a way for design "the rules of the game" so that each order contributes the most to the whole and dis-contributes the least. socrates dialectic is also just rules for having a conversation

i once wrote somewhere:
    Fe is World-then-ego
    Fi is Ego-then-world

what does hicks promise us if we something manage to connect with our inner cosmic light and love all people? again, something pretty vague.

an analytic ENTP sort of designs how to make the game fair
    a champion ENFP just wants his side to win

IMHO
    From what I have seen this is true. ENFP's seem to tend more towards far-left political ideologies like communism. The group they champion is the working class and they want the working class to take over the ruling class from the rich. ENTP's I would guess are more moderated less radical.

Hicks may be an ENFP. I have always been under the assumption that he was far-left, a radical. He once said that he is "Noam Chomsky with dick jokes." I see a decent amount of Fi in his comedy act. Also he was really into spirituality and Eastern Philosophy which I see as more NF oriented. His worldview had kind of a hippie bent to it which I see as more NF.