• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Louis CK

What Personality Type is Louis CK?

• INFJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENFJ

• INTJ

• ENTJ

• ISFP

• ISFJ

• ESFP

• ESFJ

• ISTP

• ISTJ

• 1w9

• 1w2

• 2w1

• 2w3

• 3w2

• 3w4

• 4w3

• 5w4

• 5w6

• 6w5

• 7w8

• 8w7

• 8w9

• 9w1

• Total voters

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
think he would be a 6w5 enfp?

I think you're right, he's definitely a 6, and a 7 wing seems unlikely (although he was into drugs to escape his problems when he was a kid, so I guess you could make a sevenish argument around that. I personally wouldn't). He especially seems sixish the way he drives himself so hard, is always on the go, writing/performing/filming/editing/managing/raising kids, and then whenever he stops, he sinks into a weird 9ish rut of ice cream and TV. To release so many brand new stand-up specials so frequently is insane. He seems afraid of rest.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think you're right, he's definitely a 6, and a 7 wing seems unlikely (although he was into drugs to escape his problems when he was a kid, so I guess you could make a sevenish argument around that. I personally wouldn't). He especially seems sixish the way he drives himself so hard, is always on the go, writing/performing/filming/editing/managing/raising kids, and then whenever he stops, he sinks into a weird 9ish rut of ice cream and TV. To release so many brand new stand-up specials so frequently is insane. He seems afraid of rest.

is 6w5 enfp even a thing? i've never seen it haha

and yeah wondered about 9 but only for the reasons you mentioned so the way you explained it makes sense.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
is 6w5 enfp even a thing? i've never seen it haha

Yeah I dunno, I haven't see one either. I'm definitely not the foremost expert in the field of enneagram wings, so it may well be impossible. He looks like a 6w5 to me, though!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He looks 6ish to me I think because I think if he's infp that he wasn't a 4 but maybe he is an enfp 4

But I feel like he has to be some type I'm not too familiar with so maybe 6w5

Nice logic huh. Haha

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
He looks 6ish to me I think because I think if he's infp that he wasn't a 4 but maybe he is an enfp 4

But I feel like he has to be some type I'm not too familiar with so maybe 6w5

Nice logic huh. Haha

Yeah, INFP 6w5, actually sounds pretty good. When I think about his dealings with FX, and his writing process (he often goes out alone on his boat to write), I could definitely see him as an introvert. We sixes are hard to pin down :newwink: It's a very ambiverted type.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
He's too silly and neglectful to be 6w5.

Actually, yeah that's a good point. Louis never took life very seriously in a 6w5 sort of way. He was a terrible student, he visited sketchy whorehouses, and he is pretty lax about financial/material security. I'm no good at sticking to enneagram typings, I just bounce around all day.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
okay the bf thinks enfp 5w4
[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] your enneagram help please!!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ahhh my post count is outta control!

and this kind of shit is why!!

A

Anew Leaf

yeah i've seen that one too! (your quote)
and this clip haha love it :laugh:

will think more on what you wrote and come back just wanted to share that.

LOL! I love this man so much. That clip was so beautiful... and reminds me of myself a leetle bit too much in how I am IRL with friends I trust enough to make the most beautiful non-PC jokes I can... a whole realm of which are devoted to the idea of Darwinism and letting certain idiotic groups of people die because maybe that's what simply is best >.>

He's definitely NFP... I tend to think ENFP based on how comfy he is in the limelight, but he could definitely be INFP. SO is in there somewhere... probably a 6 like y'all are saying. But I was thinking 6w7 or 7w6.

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
One study claims that stand-up comedians tend to be more introverted, while comedy writers tend to be more extraverted (which makes sense, I suppose, since comedy writers usually work on material in groups, while stand-ups do so more on their own). Doesn't mean anything about Louis CK, per se, but does go against stereotypes to a degree. Conversely, stand-up comedians tended to be less agreeable (more T, approximately), while comedy writers tended to be more F (more F, approximately).

B

brainheart

Celebrity Types has him as an iNFP, but they also have this quote:

I'm not sure that INFPs are usually able to detach from their values like that. Seems more Fe than Fi. Of course, there's at least one INFP here that might say something like that.

I do that all the time. Fi, when working correctly, is all about walking around in another person's shoes and seeing things from their POV. It's how we can have hypercharged empathy for just about anyone and anything. I'm not an us vs them person, even remotely.
[MENTION=17816]Lady[/MENTION]X, I don't know enough about Louis CK to say. Sorry. But I am now intrigued by a potentially INFP comedian. Hmmm.

A

Anew Leaf

One study claims that stand-up comedians tend to be more introverted, while comedy writers tend to be more extraverted (which makes sense, I suppose, since comedy writers usually work on material in groups, while stand-ups do so more on their own). Doesn't mean anything about Louis CK, per se, but does go against stereotypes to a degree.

Hmm, that's interesting, and does make sense in a backwards kind of way.

I'd have issues with both... I am not sure I would like that much attention on me at once, however, I also couldn't work in groups as I would dislike people STEALING my ideas. #worstthingever.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One study claims that stand-up comedians tend to be more introverted, while comedy writers tend to be more extraverted (which makes sense, I suppose, since comedy writers usually work on material in groups, while stand-ups do so more on their own). Doesn't mean anything about Louis CK, per se, but does go against stereotypes to a degree. Conversely, stand-up comedians tended to be less agreeable (more T, approximately), while comedy writers tended to be more F (more F, approximately).

but he's been both right? he used to write on the chris rock show i think

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
but he's been both right? he used to write on the chris rock show i think

Looks like his stand-up career pre-dates and post-dates his career as a non-solo-writer, but clearly he's done both... so it's all arguable.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Honestly, I think he's too mainstream to be INFP. Also, hugely overrated. He bores me, I switch off a couple minutes into his monologues. He could be xSFP, they often have that effect. I do see the Fi, Lady X.
The observational stuff can be funny, but he's not very creative, from what I've seen so far.

This is an INFP comedian, by contrast.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
After thinking on Forever_Jung's post last night some, I'm leaning towards a very insecure, self-hating, socially awkward eNFP. His older material doesn't strike me as INFP at all (aggressive, in your face silliness). The rapid fire rate that he pings out Fi judgements. His use of a very big smile.

I'd have to watch more off-screen time to really know, though.

Honestly, I think he's too mainstream to be INFP.

Amurrica!! Louis' blunt-force style of humor is very American, but he goes to such a degree that it's not quite mainstream.

Not eliminating SFP, I just have a hard time seeing it atm.

This is an INFP comedian, by contrast.

lol. Is that a 1 minute stand-up act? Awesome.

I love the clips of him and Russell Brand together. The way they intensify each others' insanity is so very INFP/ENFP interaction. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoY4TyiiuZQ (Listing the 3 disgusting things that guy ate as "1/ Wine Gums 2/Envy 3/ Pieces of Rainbow... the drawing of Jon Snow saying "I have learned"... I'm dying here.)

B

brainheart

Honestly, I think he's too mainstream to be INFP... He could be xSFP, they often have that effect. I do see the Fi, Lady X.
The observational stuff can be funny, but he's not very creative, from what I've seen so far.

I watched some clips and this was my impression as well. Interestingly, I only know his name because my ESFP husband heard some of his stuff and thought it awesome. And then he walked in the door last night when I had just finished watching some Louis CK and he said, "Yeah I'd like to watch more of him. But I don't think you'd like him too much. Too vulgar."

Anyway. I watched the clip from the show Louis, the drug monologue, and the cell phone conversation on Conan. It all seemed very aux Fi, like someone coming into their Fi as they get older vs it always being there. Realizing at the age of fortysomething that it's cathartic to sit in your loneliness and cry? That's something INFPs get as toddlers.

My vote is for EXFP 6w7. I can't decide Se vs Ne based on the little bit I saw. But I will say that ESFP sixes tend to think things more intricately in a way that can be construed as Ne due to being sixes vs ESFPs of a different etype. I think the six head type causes them to bounce things around in their head more, question more.

When I think INFP 6w7 I think someone more like Mike White:

And here:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Eh I definitely think he's ne. That's the one thing that was always clear to me.