• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Louis CK

What Personality Type is Louis CK?

• INFJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENFJ

• INTJ

• ENTJ

• ISFP

• ISFJ

• ESFP

• ESFJ

• ISTP

• ISTJ

• 1w9

• 1w2

• 2w1

• 2w3

• 3w2

• 3w4

• 4w3

• 5w4

• 5w6

• 6w5

• 7w8

• 8w7

• 8w9

• 9w1

• Total voters

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'm kind of thinking he's nfp now hmmm

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think he's INTP.

i have thought so for years! but i keep seeing what looks like fi.
[MENTION=5143]Salomé[/MENTION] do you have an opinion?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think he's INTP. He could be INFP., but is he weird enough? I haven't seen enough of him to say with confidence. I can see where the ENTP votes are coming from too.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Celebrity Types has him as an iNFP, but they also have this quote:

"There's been a lot of simple vilification of right-wing people. It's really easy to say, ... 'You're anti-this and that, and I hate you.' But to me, it's more interesting to say, 'What is this person like and how do they really think?'"-

I'm not sure that INFPs are usually able to detach from their values like that. Seems more Fe than Fi. Of course, there's at least one INFP here that might say something like that.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think he's INTP. He could be INFP., but is he weird enough? I haven't seen enough of him to say with confidence. I can see where the ENTP votes are coming from too.

yeah idk i've thought entp also but i don't see any fe at all. and he doesn't feel enfp to me so i sort of want to say infp by default.

sometimes these things frustrate me to death haha

thanks just wanted your sort of fi ish intp input :laugh:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Celebrity Types has him as an iNFP, but they also have this quote:

I'm not sure that INFPs are usually able to detach from their values like that. Seems more Fe than Fi. Of course, there's at least one INFP here that might say something like that.

i don't see that as fe...at all.

and i just watched a couple videos where he seemed very fi. or non fe.

and an enfp can detach from their values in outloud idea processing mode. i do that all the time. i don't know if infps do that much tho.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh he seems to be labeled infp all over the internet...hmm

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've only seen one of his clips (10mins), and I could swear to the God I worship that I could do much much better than that. Could you post some videos that you find hilarious? I don't find him funny but I sure like to laugh and would like to give him a chance.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I can see some INFPs saying that, especially if they highly value understanding others, and find the thought processes of people to be fascinating.

and an enfp can detach from their values in outloud idea processing mode. i do that all the time. i don't know if infps do that much tho.

I never really felt that he "detached" from his values, though. Everything he says comes that core. I find this video to be extremely insightful:

Basically, George Carlin was a huge inspiration to Louis CK, which may explain the NTP flavor to his humor. Watching Carlin inspired him to go deeper and deeper into the depths of his inner self and emotions, which he used as the main source of his standup. That's very compatible with an INFP.

Further proof that Louis CK being INFP*: It was a dog joke that inspired him to be a comedian. :D

*Truthfully, I'm torn between INFP and ENTP.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can see some INFPs saying that, especially if they highly value understanding others, and find the thought processes of people to be fascinating.

I never really felt that he "detached" from his values, though. Everything he says comes that core. I find this video to be extremely insightful:

Basically, George Carlin was a huge inspiration to Louis CK, which may explain the NTP flavor to his humor. Watching Carlin inspired him to go deeper and deeper into the depths of his inner self and emotions, which he used as the main source of his standup. That's very compatible with an INFP.

Further proof that Louis CK being INFP*: It was a dog joke that inspired him to be a comedian. :D

*Truthfully, I'm torn between INFP and ENTP.

okay trip because those are the two i'm torn betwen too.

and no i absolutely agree that he never detaches from his values. everything stems from that and they seem super strong. i was just responding to what msg said about that. and that enfps can in conversation but yeah no i don't reallly see infps doing that. which means nothing here because i don't think that's what he was doing.

also...it's often a fi value to care about what other people care about. like who cares what i think....i want to know what you think about it.

that's what i take from that quote.

shit i'm just going to go with infp haha

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
shit i'm just going to go with infp haha

I don't know if you caught it, but at the end of that video when he was tearing up and struggling with words, he mentioned something about how he's shitty at doing stuff that isn't in his act. That's atypical for ENTPs, who tend to be very strong improvisers.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know if you caught it, but at the end of that video when he was tearing up and struggling with words, he mentioned something about how he's shitty at doing stuff that isn't in his act. That's atypical for ENTPs, who tend to be very strong improvisers.

Oh yeah I just saw that video yesterday I think and another one of him on funny talk with Chris Rock, Jerry Seinfeld on some other dude who was kind of annoying

But I saw no ounce of fe there where there would've been. If you've seen it I think you'll know what I mean.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To add more fuel to the fire: Louis CK creates a show called Louis that airs on FX. While I don't remember the exact numbers, he earned something like $100,000 an episode. Now, keep in mind that he writes, edits, and stars in the show. FX gives him full control, and essentially, he does everything and just sends them the tape when he's done. And they air it.

For season 3, FX offered to increase his pay to $300,000 an episode if he would let them assert a bit more creative direction. He turned them down, because the integrity of the show was king for him.

Now, I can see both an INFP and ENTP making that call... but honestly, I see an INFP making that call most of the time, while an ENTP is more prone to find the business sense of taking the money.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To add more fuel to the fire: Louis CK creates a show called Louis that airs on FX. While I don't remember the exact numbers, he earned something like $100,000 an episode. Now, keep in mind that he writes, edits, and stars in the show. FX gives him full control, and essentially, he does everything and just sends them the tape when he's done. And they air it.

For season 3, FX offered to increase his pay to $300,000 an episode if he would let them assert a bit more creative direction. He turned them down, because the integrity of the show was king for him.

Now, I can see both an INFP and ENTP making that call... but honestly, I see an INFP making that call most of the time, while an ENTP is more prone to find the business sense of taking the money.

agreed and i've seen him talk about that too.

and this

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=7140]brainheart[/MENTION]

what do you think? i wanna say infp but like we talked about...he's a fast talker right? but enfp isn't feeling right what do you think?

kquirk

amateur cartographer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Did you guys give up on INTP for some reason? He really reminds us of my good friend Ralph who is an INTP. (I know, super scientific). :greatscott:

I don't have a lot of experience typing famous people, but I do have a lot of experience with Louis.

He doesn't seem weird enough for INFP. He seems introverted, analytical, and serious. Like most good comedians, he observes the world and has an appreciation for the absurd, asking questions about what other people might take for granted. He also seems pretty sure of his beliefs.

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think he's a little hard to see as an obvious INFP, since he both has a nihilistic/dark perspective (certainly not impossible for an INFP, but darker than typical), and he clearly gets a kick out of breaking taboos and talking about gross/shocking things (which I think is a little more of an STP humor specialty), for example this bit.

Still, when Louis CK does go for a value statement, it often comes across as being surprisingly NFP compatible (in a dark kind of way).

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think he's a little hard to see as an obvious INFP, since he both has a nihilistic/dark perspective (certainly not impossible for an INFP, but darker than typical), and he clearly gets a kick out of breaking taboos and talking about gross/shocking things (which I think is a little more of an STP humor specialty), for example this bit.

Still, when Louis CK does go for a value statement, it often comes across as being surprisingly NFP compatible (in a dark kind of way).

all the nfp men i've known have been crass and enjoy gross/shocking things and can be very dark.

ithought he was ntp tho mostly because he doesn't have fi eyes....or that wounded soul vibe.

but...his values seem fi. and it appears they dictate his whole life.