User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Louis CK?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 7891011 Last

Thread: Louis CK

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

@Lady X

Great clip! Yeah, I'm leaning towards INFP more and more.

My issue with INTP is how he focuses so much on emotions. ENTPs can emote and come across much more emotional than they really are, which is partially why I didn't eliminate ENTP, but it's harder for me to buy that an INTP would root so much of his life from an emotional, personal value driving core.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    ithought he was ntp tho mostly because he doesn't have fi eyes....or that wounded soul vibe.
    I noticed that, too. But watch his show... he NAILS the wounded soul vibe eyes there.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    @Lady X

Great clip! Yeah, I'm leaning towards INFP more and more.

My issue with INTP is how he focuses so much on emotions. ENTPs can emote and come across much more emotional than they really are, which is partially why I didn't eliminate ENTP, but it's harder for me to buy that an INTP would root so much of his life from an emotional, personal value driving core.
    right me too...and i think it's easy to misread his humor as being anti feeling...but he's just playing up the absurdity in that stance. and i mean it's just funny to say your kid's an asshole or you can beat up like 50 6 year olds etc

it's not non feelery to say that stuffs. it's ne fi twisty humor.

at least that's what it's feeling like to me.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I noticed that, too. But watch his show... he NAILS the wounded soul vibe eyes there.
    i have watched it...i think i've seen all of them. if i'm talking about the same one. i know he's had a couple.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

all the nfp men i've known have been crass and enjoy gross/shocking things and can be very dark. [...]
    That's not my experience of INFPs in general... going more for the quiet observational humor and cross-contextual silliness (often delivered in quiet asides). Still, there's a lot of variation among INFPs, no doubt.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

@Lady X: "ne fi twisty humor". My favorite phrase of the day!

My humor gets pretty dark at times. I won't say that I've shocked my NTP friends, but they have approved. If I had the incentives that he does (people laughing and enjoying my thoughts), I could see myself developing that skill and focusing more on those types of thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    That's not my experience of INFPs in general... going more for the quiet observational humor and cross-contextual silliness (often delivered in quiet asides). Still, there's a lot of variation among INFPs, no doubt.
    INFPs tend to be very conscious of social appropriateness. Most people see my silly / observational side. I have to trust you to really let myself go dark. An old INTJ friend and I used to get into dark humor contests to see who could make the other flinch first.

Ginkgo

LMFAO

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    593 sp/so

I don't know what you mean necessarily by focusing on emotions. I know he can be really broody and self-loathing, but I don't think those are reserved for F types. Also, is it possible that a lot of what we see can just be the result of raising two daughters and what that does to one's priorities?
    5w6 - 9w8 - 3w2

Words are wind.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

@Lady X: "ne fi twisty humor". My favorite phrase of the day!

My humor gets pretty dark at times. I won't say that I've shocked my NTP friends, but they have approved. If I had the incentives that he does (people laughing and enjoying my thoughts), I could see myself developing that skill and focusing more on those types of thoughts.

INFPs tend to be very conscious of social appropriateness. Most people see my silly / observational side. I have to trust you to really let myself go dark. An old INTJ friend and I used to get into dark humor contests to see who could make the other flinch first.

yeah i don't think it was comfortable for him to go there. like he said in the tribute to carlin video he did the same "jokey" act for 15 years before i decided to dig deep and talk about those hidden type thoughts that weren't pretty.

i mean infp artists will express all that inner pain and twistiness through their music, writing, painting etc

he does comedy....and it took awhile but he got really good when he started getting real.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by kquirk View Post
    I don't know what you mean necessarily by focusing on emotions. I know he can be really broody and self-loathing, but I don't think those are reserved for F types. Also, is it possible that a lot of what we see can just be the result of raising two daughters and what that does to one's priorities?
    Well, I can't eliminate INTP, I just don't think the case is as strong. He seems much more Fi and focused on internal values than he does at pointing out logical absurdities in the world. However, when he talks about his social obliviousness, it does remind me of some things INTPs have said.

The daughters definitely could make a difference. He already had one when he changed his style of standup to be focused more on the crazy stuff he feels ("My baby girl is an asshole").

One of his more famous routines, "Everything's amazing!" is far more Fi driven than Ti driven, IMO. It's a good example of a pattern that many of his routines take. Start with the value, expand to include all the absurd ways it plays out in the world.