User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Louis CK?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 678910 Last

Thread: Louis CK

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    I can see some INFPs saying that, especially if they highly value understanding others, and find the thought processes of people to be fascinating.

I never really felt that he "detached" from his values, though. Everything he says comes that core. I find this video to be extremely insightful:

Basically, George Carlin was a huge inspiration to Louis CK, which may explain the NTP flavor to his humor. Watching Carlin inspired him to go deeper and deeper into the depths of his inner self and emotions, which he used as the main source of his standup. That's very compatible with an INFP.

Further proof that Louis CK being INFP*: It was a dog joke that inspired him to be a comedian.

*Truthfully, I'm torn between INFP and ENTP.
    okay trip because those are the two i'm torn betwen too.

and no i absolutely agree that he never detaches from his values. everything stems from that and they seem super strong. i was just responding to what msg said about that. and that enfps can in conversation but yeah no i don't reallly see infps doing that. which means nothing here because i don't think that's what he was doing.

also...it's often a fi value to care about what other people care about. like who cares what i think....i want to know what you think about it.

that's what i take from that quote.

shit i'm just going to go with infp haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    shit i'm just going to go with infp haha
    I don't know if you caught it, but at the end of that video when he was tearing up and struggling with words, he mentioned something about how he's shitty at doing stuff that isn't in his act. That's atypical for ENTPs, who tend to be very strong improvisers.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I don't know if you caught it, but at the end of that video when he was tearing up and struggling with words, he mentioned something about how he's shitty at doing stuff that isn't in his act. That's atypical for ENTPs, who tend to be very strong improvisers.
    Oh yeah I just saw that video yesterday I think and another one of him on funny talk with Chris Rock, Jerry Seinfeld on some other dude who was kind of annoying

But I saw no ounce of fe there where there would've been. If you've seen it I think you'll know what I mean.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

To add more fuel to the fire: Louis CK creates a show called Louis that airs on FX. While I don't remember the exact numbers, he earned something like $100,000 an episode. Now, keep in mind that he writes, edits, and stars in the show. FX gives him full control, and essentially, he does everything and just sends them the tape when he's done. And they air it.

For season 3, FX offered to increase his pay to $300,000 an episode if he would let them assert a bit more creative direction. He turned them down, because the integrity of the show was king for him.

Now, I can see both an INFP and ENTP making that call... but honestly, I see an INFP making that call most of the time, while an ENTP is more prone to find the business sense of taking the money.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

To add more fuel to the fire: Louis CK creates a show called Louis that airs on FX. While I don't remember the exact numbers, he earned something like $100,000 an episode. Now, keep in mind that he writes, edits, and stars in the show. FX gives him full control, and essentially, he does everything and just sends them the tape when he's done. And they air it.

For season 3, FX offered to increase his pay to $300,000 an episode if he would let them assert a bit more creative direction. He turned them down, because the integrity of the show was king for him.

Now, I can see both an INFP and ENTP making that call... but honestly, I see an INFP making that call most of the time, while an ENTP is more prone to find the business sense of taking the money.
    agreed and i've seen him talk about that too.

and this

-Jim Morrison

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    agreed and i've seen him talk about that too.

and this

Ok, that was kind of INFP. The thing about phones even sounds like something my Mom said about Nintendo.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

@brainheart

what do you think? i wanna say infp but like we talked about...he's a fast talker right? but enfp isn't feeling right what do you think?
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    593 sp/so

Did you guys give up on INTP for some reason? He really reminds us of my good friend Ralph who is an INTP. (I know, super scientific).

I don't have a lot of experience typing famous people, but I do have a lot of experience with Louis.

He doesn't seem weird enough for INFP. He seems introverted, analytical, and serious. Like most good comedians, he observes the world and has an appreciation for the absurd, asking questions about what other people might take for granted. He also seems pretty sure of his beliefs.
    5w6 - 9w8 - 3w2

Words are wind.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

I think he's a little hard to see as an obvious INFP, since he both has a nihilistic/dark perspective (certainly not impossible for an INFP, but darker than typical), and he clearly gets a kick out of breaking taboos and talking about gross/shocking things (which I think is a little more of an STP humor specialty), for example this bit.

Still, when Louis CK does go for a value statement, it often comes across as being surprisingly NFP compatible (in a dark kind of way).

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    I think he's a little hard to see as an obvious INFP, since he both has a nihilistic/dark perspective (certainly not impossible for an INFP, but darker than typical), and he clearly gets a kick out of breaking taboos and talking about gross/shocking things (which I think is a little more of an STP humor specialty), for example this bit.

Still, when Louis CK does go for a value statement, it often comes across as being surprisingly NFP compatible (in a dark kind of way).
    all the nfp men i've known have been crass and enjoy gross/shocking things and can be very dark.

ithought he was ntp tho mostly because he doesn't have fi eyes....or that wounded soul vibe.

but...his values seem fi. and it appears they dictate his whole life.
    -Jim Morrison