User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Louis CK?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 4567816 Last

Thread: Louis CK

undergoing self-analysis louiesgonnadie's Avatar

Observing him in more casual appearances (like interviews), if you listen to him on Opie & Anthony, it seems like he's more Ne-dom just based on all of his wacky social commentary (ie him calling Donald Rumsfield a lizard, and other countless out-of-the-box things he has said). Granted, an INTP can have just as wacky social commentary, but be more grounded with Ti and appear more rehearsed, while C.K.'s commentary seems more raw, plus he isn't as hesitant to make comments on O&A (not saying all INTPs are usually).

I'm going with ENTP. I could be off the mark, though. Just a few observations.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5 sx

He definitely comes across as someone who is just as comfortable spending time inside his own head as he is engaging with the outside world, but as @louiesgonnadie said, he isn't grounded enough to be anything but Ne-dom. Leaning towards ENFP for some reason. The descriptions don't exactly fit, but he seems to have more of an NF vibe (though that's what I think about Stephen Fry, who has been typed ENTP by far more qualified people)

apparently which ENxP Mark Twain is has been contested quite a bit, and I see the same sort of confusion in that debate
    and this might sound like a dumb suggestion (I'm really tired) but maybe looking up Twain threads would provide some insight into where the t/f divide is.

or maybe personality psychology isn't ready for Louis CK.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

"Chewed Up" was the first thing of his that I watched, and it threw me into shock. I walked around for a couple of days ruminating over "I could shoot a baby deer in the mouth," I will admit. The second time I watched it, I got him. Not quite sure what he is, MBTI-wise. Could be ENTP. If he is, he's a good bit out of character in his act, though, and too much of his act seems first-hand to me.

MBTI
    ISTx

INTP

This is a good reference, since it is one of the more personal interviews C.K. has been in. Maron talks about how messy he used to be (to the point where C.K. dropped a glass bottle of liquid, and he just left it there to rot on the carpet). Remarkable, go to the 1:05:20 mark where C.K. gets emotional talking about his daughter being born. He realizes that the majority of his life he just fucked around, and let anxiety-infused impluses get to him, and says his daughter has entered center stage in his eyes (in other words; he didn't care about getting old and dying and shit like that, it was about his daughter now).

There's a lot of other eye-opening material in this video that helped me understand C.K. better. I'm still going with reserved extrovert; but I can see where people are coming from in terms of saying INTP - a part of him does seem introverted.

(On another note, the idea of one of my favorite comedians sharing the same personality type with me is pretty awesome, not gonna lie!)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I listened. ENTP. He's also SUCH a VIRGO, omg. He really is.

Louis Ck is not extroverted but I think that what makes him more adorable and worth to see and read. Public like him and that what matters the most always.
    Sometimes there are no clever quotes www.ranker.com/list/louis-ck-quotes/movie-and-tv-quotes

Actually, the more I read about him and think about it, I'm going with xSTP. Leaning ISTP, in fact.

He was interested in cars at a young age, and in that interview I posted, he said he used to be a computer whiz, but the context he drew that in didn't seem like he reveled in it or dug deeper, moreso the fact that he was into stuff like that for practical reasons. Then again, he only mentioned that briefly.

His sense of humor is very physically oriented, lots of sex jokes (not saying this is purely hallmark for S types, N types can fall into this territory too) and the way he talks is very simple and brief; he doesn't often use words that are complex or recondite. He has very vivid recollections of situations he has experienced; this isn't to say Si can't be vivid, but from C.K.'s point of view there really isn't any sentimental value to it from what I've observed.

He seems introverted to me. Just because someone talks a lot and often participates in social situations, that solely doesn't make said person extraverted. He seems like someone who likes to introspect a lot, someone who ponders a lot about life, it's interconnections and the meaning of life, to be exact. This tells me he could have a dominant introverted function, it's harder to pick out because C.K. is older, and has adapted to a lifestyle where he is used to being in social settings - therefore he doesn't appear Ti-dom in interviews. This is just a guess, though.

The only hard part to distinguish from this is his Ne style in his stand up - he has a tendancy to "train" in his stand up comedy, shifting from scenario to scenario (i.e. look back to Live at the Beacon Theater, he talks about littering and how NYC is a pile of litter, than jumps to how litter gets transported onto boats which dump litter into the ocean and falls onto a dolphins head, and litter gets stuck on head as a hat for 10 years). Then again, Ne and Se are similar in ways, so...
    "For a minute there, I lost myself...I lost myself."

LOUIS CK: "We don't think about how we talk"
    http://zenpencils.com/comic/95-louis...t-how-we-talk/

Hmm, this could be a good reference...he gives advice to the general public here, hosting a radio show.

Kind of leaning xNFP now?
    "For a minute there, I lost myself...I lost myself."

LOUIS CK: "We don't think about how we talk"
    http://zenpencils.com/comic/95-louis...t-how-we-talk/

Stansmith

After getting a better idea of what NeSi and SeNi are really about, I'm starting to think Louis CK is an ISTP instead of the usual INP typing. His humor is earthy, nihilistic and gross. He doesn't really seem to think big conceptually; he just talks about the depressing shit he does in his day-to-day life. Even his show is pretty straightforward and low-key in concept. This is a classic example of a lower-Ni epiphany: