User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Louis CK?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 3456715 Last

Thread: Louis CK

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Standup is a lot more like public speaking than acting. Even theater is a lot less interactive.
    Yes and no. The performance itself is more interactive by nature, but acting is all about that presentation, the job is almost 100% about that communication with audience (and, when not, working with the director or cast around you). The comedian spends many more hours locked up alone writing material or meticulously finding the right cadence and manner to preform it (sometimes alone, sometimes experimenting with a crowd) than he actually does on stage. The time it takes to eventually build up to the performance is much more extensive than the time actually on stage. Unlike a band or an actor, for a comedian that rehearsal is him/her alone. Actor, director, writer all in one, except when he uses an audience as a random club as guinea pigs for new material before trying it in larger, more public sphere. You mentioned comedy writers as maybe more introverted, but all comedians are both performers AND writers, making it a bit more of a crap shoot than if they were strictly one or the other IMO.

EDIT: Of course, the process differs between comedians. But I know many wall themselves away from everyone else for hours a day to work on comedy, compared to hour-long shows on only some nights.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I change my mind on this man. Definitely ENTP, probably.

Sorry girl who hates it when people say he's ENTP.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Also worth noting: the version of himself he plays on his show is probably INTP, though that doesn't mean Louis himself actually is that, obviously.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    He started as a bit of a writer, writing short films he has, at best, a cameo in and writing got Conan O'Brien. Also, I'm an INTP and would be a comedian if I could be anything. It's an artificial connection, where you have control over how you present yourself. That isn't to say you don't present yourself honestly or don't have flaws (those things are needed in comedy), but it isn't the same to me as a normal conversation or forced interaction with folks you don't feel like talking to. Comedy is as much performance (and attention-getting) as any acting gig, and there are quite a few introverted actors.
    Indeed. I've always, ever since I was a kid, loved to be in front of an audience...and I am definitely an introvert. But it's not a hammy thing...it's getting enjoyment from presenting something you want to present. I like the attention--to a certain extent--and it's cool to have people liking what you do. That connection is cool. But I only interact with the audience as much as I want to, offstage. Onstage, it's all in your control. And I would think for certain comedians, it would be especially important to get your ideas out in the way they come to you--in your voice, your delivery, not filtered through some lame sitcom character or more successful, but hacky, standup.

I would definitely never bank on a desire to perform alone as being an indicator of extraversion.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i've only seen a little bit of his standup, but based on his character on his show i think infp. i don't see any ti, but maybe i'm just biased.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I've always seen him as an isfp or infp
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

INxP. I lean INTP because of his perspective on specific subjects and relationship with his comedic counter-parts as revealed via interviews & talk shows.
    Oh, its
    You

ReflecTcelfeR

I've been watching the show and I'm still kind of tied between INxP, but I am leaning towards INTP.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Saw him live last night... he is ENTP for sure.

violaine

Finally going to be seeing him in a few months. I'll report back then. I've thought ENTP thus far.