User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Louis CK?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 2345614 Last

Thread: Louis CK

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

God, Henry Rollins is absolutely unfunny. He's about as funny as a kick in the intestines.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

(^ accidental username reference)

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

[YOUTUBE="u7WLfY2455o"]Tater Salad[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="u6xaj2fC1jI"]Mitch Hedburg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="5Vf8QFhvfdw"]Alec Baldwin[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="QTj47rcuM-4"]Tracy Jordon's Therapy[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I'm going with ENTP for Louis CK

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Yeah, intj e54. Pretty much everyone's still wrong.

thinking of you

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

INTJ?? The dude's Ne as hell! This thread lays out the differences between Ne and Ni humor; I don't see where Louis gets Ni-ish at all. I see lots of "Ne humor": random, wacky, imagining all kinds of odd possibilities and combinations (for example, his 'Shit-Ass Pet Fuckers' scenario, or imagining how he'd go back in time and rape Hitler)... I can see why people would be disagreeing over I/E and T/F, but there's no question in my mind he's some sort of Ne-user.

I also see TONS of play with saying things that make sense in a way or are bluntly honest, but that toe the line of what's okay to say. Which is why I'm thinking Ti/Fe. I'm still thinking ENTP, but I'm least certain about the E.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by blankpages View Post
    INTJ?? The dude's Ne as hell! This thread lays out the differences between Ne and Ni humor; I don't see where Louis gets Ni-ish at all. I see lots of "Ne humor": random, wacky, imagining all kinds of odd possibilities and combinations (for example, his 'Shit-Ass Pet Fuckers' scenario, or imagining how he'd go back in time and rape Hitler)... I can see why people would be disagreeing over I/E and T/F, but there's no question in my mind he's some sort of Ne-user.

I also see TONS of play with saying things that make sense in a way or are bluntly honest, but that toe the line of what's okay to say. Which is why I'm thinking Ti/Fe. I'm still thinking ENTP, but I'm least certain about the E.
    Good point, but I could similarly argue that all entps are among the quicker types to recover from misfortune, so because he's incredibly bitter about everything he must have Fi. Example:

"It's hard to really look at somebody and go: 'Hey, maybe something nice will happen.' You just don't-- I know too much about life to have any optimism, because I know even if it's nice, it's going to lead to shit. I know that if you smile at somebody and they smile back, you've just decided that something shitty is going to happen."

My e19 intj friend similarly describes his mind as "a fucking beartrap".

The resentment, that bitterness, the blandness he paints his scripts with all point to an e54 in a rut; entps--5 or otherwise, but using 5s as an example--I've known, the so-doms, are very content in their ability to forget yesterday. Moreover, despite his social preoccupations, I could argue that he genuinely doesn't enjoy the company of others.

"You refine language. You've got to put things in a perfect way. You have to be economical, and yet you have to let shit string out. You have to know how to load a spring of tension and release it."

I wonder how much planning vs. improv he puts into his work. As an Ne or Ni dominant user, there must be a limit to how much he can mold what are presumably unconscious tendencies into something more predictable.

thinking of you

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Lots of comics have more of an introverted self-effacing cynical-about-people standup routine, for the same reason people don't like good looking comics as much. We like self-deprecation.

I don't think Louis CK is extremely extroverted, but ENTP is closest. As a rule standup comics like attention. Comedy writers tend to be more introverted.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post

I don't think Louis CK is extremely extroverted, but ENTP is closest. As a rule standup comics like attention. Comedy writers tend to be more introverted.
    He started as a bit of a writer, writing short films he has, at best, a cameo in and writing got Conan O'Brien. Also, I'm an INTP and would be a comedian if I could be anything. It's an artificial connection, where you have control over how you present yourself. That isn't to say you don't present yourself honestly or don't have flaws (those things are needed in comedy), but it isn't the same to me as a normal conversation or forced interaction with folks you don't feel like talking to. Comedy is as much performance (and attention-getting) as any acting gig, and there are quite a few introverted actors.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    He started as a bit of a writer, writing short films he has, at best, a cameo in and writing got Conan O'Brien. Also, I'm an INTP and would be a comedian if I could be anything. It's an artificial connection, where you have control over how you present yourself. That isn't to say you don't present yourself honestly or don't have flaws (those things are needed in comedy), but it isn't the same to me as a normal conversation or forced interaction with folks you don't feel like talking to. Comedy is as much performance (and attention-getting) as any acting gig, and there are quite a few introverted actors.
    Standup is a lot more like public speaking than acting. Even theater is a lot less interactive.

I think deadpan tends to attract more introverts though in standup.