User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Louis CK?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 1234513 Last

Thread: Louis CK

Riva

Are you off your rocker!

Are you a fan of Chris Rock at all? (I ask because Louis often writes for him)

Also...you judge based on only a 10-minute clip? Which one was it? (please link)

That was the clip I watched. Not very funny. his humour is based mostly on anger which is what most comedians do. Thus the use of the F@K word so many time. To pour out the anger. Anyway I find Chris Rock hilarious. Maybe that's the reason. I've seen too similar clips I know whats coming. If Chris Rock writes for him they must be using the same kind of channeling.

But few of the clips you posted on my wall were funny. Not hilarious but funny. Especially the one about Rape. lolz.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

^I actually LOVE that clip! Mostly the abstract part at the end. Though definitely geared more towards those with children.

And yes, rape can be hilarious! *ducks for cover*
    "You can't take a picture of this...it's already gone."

“But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?”
    -Mark Twain

Riva

And I think he's a INFP.

ENTJ, ISTP and ESTP comedians are the funniest to me. They have Se. And when it comes to punch lines nothing is better than Se. And ENTJs have the added advantage of Te. Te sounds angry. Angry at everything and they make everyone and everything around them to be stupid or annoying. And we know those comedians are laughing at people like us for things we find normal and what we do. (ENTJ ones I mean.) This adds to the humour because we are laughing at our selves in a way.

Te is excellent at finding fault in people. That's why some ESTJs are extremely funny too. And also ISTJs.

I think the Louis is a INFP. He has Te somewhere for sure (Te seems to find fault in things well for him) but not a lot of Se. That's why his punch lines are not so funny to me. Chris Rock on the other hand gets me. And also some of the comedians whom were mentioned.

Riva

Oh and I believe that ENTPs are the funniest people around. But ENTJs, ISTPs and ESTPs make better comedians. Due to all the reasons mentioned above. ENTPs are good teasers. And it's hilarious to be around ENTPs because no matter what they do or say or how much ENTPs annoy you ENTPs can always make sense for what they do. This adds to the frustration of others around them but it's impossible to stay mad at ENTPs since the victim always knows the ENTP is joking. And that they are being teased. And they also know that getting annoyed is exactly what they shouldn't do since it's what the ENTP wants you to be. So you are blowing up inside and laughing at yourself. Now that's teasing. That's what ENTPs do. That's why it makes them good around the ladies. Because girls loved to be teased. It's a part of courtship.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

So would you say that you prefer comics that have more of a..punch to their punch line? A more in your face style? Someone you couldn't possible ignore...like Chris Rock (who i frickin' love!)

Louis doesn't have that, no. He has this condescending, awkwardness to him that just gets me going (in more ways than one). I really hate to speculate on type as i really don't think i know enough about functions to do so.

EDIT: Throw his crudeness into the mix and it's a no - lose combo for me! Things you never expect to hear from such an awkward seeming man...I LOVE IT!

I will agree with what you've said about ENTPs though. They draw me in like a moth to a flame.
    "You can't take a picture of this...it's already gone."

“But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?”
    -Mark Twain

Riva

I will agree with what you've said about ENTPs though. They draw me in like a moth to a flame.
    Well I wouldn't consider them that funny. Especially in a level in which you are attracted to them in the way you mentioned above. Maybe, just maybe there is a ENTP in your life that you are secretly in love with that you don't want to admit to yourself. it's basic psychology you know, when you are attracted to someone and you wouldn't want to admit it to others or worse to yourself you tend to get attracted to people who resembles them.

You should do some soul searching rather than write poems on ENTPs. Maybe you should mention it in your blog. We'll be able to help.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by FakePlasticAlice View Post
    And yes, rape can be hilarious! *ducks for cover*
    There was a huge thread a few months back about basically this. I came down hard on the "you can joke about anything, and if you do it right, anything can be funny" side.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

[YOUTUBE="AyRDDOpKaLM"]Henry Rollins on Modern Music[/YOUTUBE]

When I was 18 I wanted to fuck on the floor and break shit, when I was 25 I wanted to fuck on the floor and break shit, when I was 35 I wanted to fuck on the floor and break shit. Now I’m 40 and I want to fuck on the floor and break shit.

I respect Rollins and Black Flag but his comedy isn't fun. I agree with him for most parts but I can't really laugh at his routine.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Oh I love it. But maybe that's just the 8/ENTJ in me.

[YOUTUBE="-bMdTmRae6c"]Surreal Conversation[/YOUTUBE]