• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Louis CK

What Personality Type is Louis CK?

• INFJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENFJ

• INTJ

• ENTJ

• ISFP

• ISFJ

• ESFP

• ESFJ

• ISTP

• ISTJ

• 1w9

• 1w2

• 2w1

• 2w3

• 3w2

• 3w4

• 4w3

• 5w4

• 5w6

• 6w5

• 7w8

• 8w7

• 8w9

• 9w1

• Total voters
R

Riva

Are you off your rocker!

Are you a fan of Chris Rock at all? (I ask because Louis often writes for him)

Also...you judge based on only a 10-minute clip? Which one was it? (please link)

That was the clip I watched. Not very funny. his humour is based mostly on anger which is what most comedians do. Thus the use of the F@K word so many time. To pour out the anger. Anyway I find Chris Rock hilarious. Maybe that's the reason. I've seen too similar clips I know whats coming. If Chris Rock writes for him they must be using the same kind of channeling.

But few of the clips you posted on my wall were funny. Not hilarious but funny. Especially the one about Rape. lolz.

FakePlasticAlice

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
^I actually LOVE that clip! Mostly the abstract part at the end. Though definitely geared more towards those with children.

And yes, rape can be hilarious! *ducks for cover*

R

Riva

And I think he's a INFP.

ENTJ, ISTP and ESTP comedians are the funniest to me. They have Se. And when it comes to punch lines nothing is better than Se. And ENTJs have the added advantage of Te. Te sounds angry. Angry at everything and they make everyone and everything around them to be stupid or annoying. And we know those comedians are laughing at people like us for things we find normal and what we do. (ENTJ ones I mean.) This adds to the humour because we are laughing at our selves in a way.

Te is excellent at finding fault in people. That's why some ESTJs are extremely funny too. And also ISTJs.

I think the Louis is a INFP. He has Te somewhere for sure (Te seems to find fault in things well for him) but not a lot of Se. That's why his punch lines are not so funny to me. Chris Rock on the other hand gets me. And also some of the comedians whom were mentioned.

R

Riva

Oh and I believe that ENTPs are the funniest people around. But ENTJs, ISTPs and ESTPs make better comedians. Due to all the reasons mentioned above. ENTPs are good teasers. And it's hilarious to be around ENTPs because no matter what they do or say or how much ENTPs annoy you ENTPs can always make sense for what they do. This adds to the frustration of others around them but it's impossible to stay mad at ENTPs since the victim always knows the ENTP is joking. And that they are being teased. And they also know that getting annoyed is exactly what they shouldn't do since it's what the ENTP wants you to be. So you are blowing up inside and laughing at yourself. Now that's teasing. That's what ENTPs do. That's why it makes them good around the ladies. Because girls loved to be teased. It's a part of courtship.

FakePlasticAlice

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
So would you say that you prefer comics that have more of a..punch to their punch line? A more in your face style? Someone you couldn't possible ignore...like Chris Rock (who i frickin' love!)

Louis doesn't have that, no. He has this condescending, awkwardness to him that just gets me going (in more ways than one). I really hate to speculate on type as i really don't think i know enough about functions to do so.

EDIT: Throw his crudeness into the mix and it's a no - lose combo for me! Things you never expect to hear from such an awkward seeming man...I LOVE IT!

I will agree with what you've said about ENTPs though. They draw me in like a moth to a flame.

R

Riva

I will agree with what you've said about ENTPs though. They draw me in like a moth to a flame.

Well I wouldn't consider them that funny. Especially in a level in which you are attracted to them in the way you mentioned above. Maybe, just maybe there is a ENTP in your life that you are secretly in love with that you don't want to admit to yourself. it's basic psychology you know, when you are attracted to someone and you wouldn't want to admit it to others or worse to yourself you tend to get attracted to people who resembles them.

You should do some soul searching rather than write poems on ENTPs. Maybe you should mention it in your blog. We'll be able to help. :tongue:

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
And yes, rape can be hilarious! *ducks for cover*

There was a huge thread a few months back about basically this. I came down hard on the "you can joke about anything, and if you do it right, anything can be funny" side.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
[YOUTUBE="AyRDDOpKaLM"]Henry Rollins on Modern Music[/YOUTUBE]

When I was 18 I wanted to fuck on the floor and break shit, when I was 25 I wanted to fuck on the floor and break shit, when I was 35 I wanted to fuck on the floor and break shit. Now I’m 40 and I want to fuck on the floor and break shit.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I respect Rollins and Black Flag but his comedy isn't fun. I agree with him for most parts but I can't really laugh at his routine.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Oh I love it. But maybe that's just the 8/ENTJ in me.

[YOUTUBE="-bMdTmRae6c"]Surreal Conversation[/YOUTUBE]

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
God, Henry Rollins is absolutely unfunny. He's about as funny as a kick in the intestines.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
[YOUTUBE="u7WLfY2455o"]Tater Salad[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="u6xaj2fC1jI"]Mitch Hedburg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="5Vf8QFhvfdw"]Alec Baldwin[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="QTj47rcuM-4"]Tracy Jordon's Therapy[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yeah, intj e54. Pretty much everyone's still wrong.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
INTJ?? The dude's Ne as hell! This thread lays out the differences between Ne and Ni humor; I don't see where Louis gets Ni-ish at all. I see lots of "Ne humor": random, wacky, imagining all kinds of odd possibilities and combinations (for example, his 'Shit-Ass Pet Fuckers' scenario, or imagining how he'd go back in time and rape Hitler)... I can see why people would be disagreeing over I/E and T/F, but there's no question in my mind he's some sort of Ne-user.

I also see TONS of play with saying things that make sense in a way or are bluntly honest, but that toe the line of what's okay to say. Which is why I'm thinking Ti/Fe. I'm still thinking ENTP, but I'm least certain about the E.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
INTJ?? The dude's Ne as hell! This thread lays out the differences between Ne and Ni humor; I don't see where Louis gets Ni-ish at all. I see lots of "Ne humor": random, wacky, imagining all kinds of odd possibilities and combinations (for example, his 'Shit-Ass Pet Fuckers' scenario, or imagining how he'd go back in time and rape Hitler)... I can see why people would be disagreeing over I/E and T/F, but there's no question in my mind he's some sort of Ne-user.

I also see TONS of play with saying things that make sense in a way or are bluntly honest, but that toe the line of what's okay to say. Which is why I'm thinking Ti/Fe. I'm still thinking ENTP, but I'm least certain about the E.

Good point, but I could similarly argue that all entps are among the quicker types to recover from misfortune, so because he's incredibly bitter about everything he must have Fi. Example:

"It's hard to really look at somebody and go: 'Hey, maybe something nice will happen.' You just don't-- I know too much about life to have any optimism, because I know even if it's nice, it's going to lead to shit. I know that if you smile at somebody and they smile back, you've just decided that something shitty is going to happen."

My e19 intj friend similarly describes his mind as "a fucking beartrap".

The resentment, that bitterness, the blandness he paints his scripts with all point to an e54 in a rut; entps--5 or otherwise, but using 5s as an example--I've known, the so-doms, are very content in their ability to forget yesterday. Moreover, despite his social preoccupations, I could argue that he genuinely doesn't enjoy the company of others.

"You refine language. You've got to put things in a perfect way. You have to be economical, and yet you have to let shit string out. You have to know how to load a spring of tension and release it."

I wonder how much planning vs. improv he puts into his work. As an Ne or Ni dominant user, there must be a limit to how much he can mold what are presumably unconscious tendencies into something more predictable.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Lots of comics have more of an introverted self-effacing cynical-about-people standup routine, for the same reason people don't like good looking comics as much. We like self-deprecation.

I don't think Louis CK is extremely extroverted, but ENTP is closest. As a rule standup comics like attention. Comedy writers tend to be more introverted.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I don't think Louis CK is extremely extroverted, but ENTP is closest. As a rule standup comics like attention. Comedy writers tend to be more introverted.
He started as a bit of a writer, writing short films he has, at best, a cameo in and writing got Conan O'Brien. Also, I'm an INTP and would be a comedian if I could be anything. It's an artificial connection, where you have control over how you present yourself. That isn't to say you don't present yourself honestly or don't have flaws (those things are needed in comedy), but it isn't the same to me as a normal conversation or forced interaction with folks you don't feel like talking to. Comedy is as much performance (and attention-getting) as any acting gig, and there are quite a few introverted actors.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
He started as a bit of a writer, writing short films he has, at best, a cameo in and writing got Conan O'Brien. Also, I'm an INTP and would be a comedian if I could be anything. It's an artificial connection, where you have control over how you present yourself. That isn't to say you don't present yourself honestly or don't have flaws (those things are needed in comedy), but it isn't the same to me as a normal conversation or forced interaction with folks you don't feel like talking to. Comedy is as much performance (and attention-getting) as any acting gig, and there are quite a few introverted actors.

Standup is a lot more like public speaking than acting. Even theater is a lot less interactive.

I think deadpan tends to attract more introverts though in standup.