User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Louis CK?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 123412 Last

Thread: Louis CK

Riva

I'v seen better and he's not very funny.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

he's freakin hysterical! how could you not think he's funny?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Riva

I've only seen one of his clips (10mins), and I could swear to the God I worship that I could do much much better than that. Could you post some videos that you find hilarious? I don't find him funny but I sure like to laugh and would like to give him a chance.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    and I could swear to the God I worship that I could do much much better than that.
    Have you done stand-up comedy? Have you done it for years and years? Because if that isn't the case, you definitely could not. It annoys me when people assume stand-up is so absurdly easily and requires no skill.

That said, what comedians are you a fan of? I don't particularly feel like tracking down bits just now (maybe later), but just to clarify your own sensibilities in comedy. Comedy is a bit like music in that it comes in many forms and types, and even songs or bands seen as some of the best ever aren't liked universally.

I can vouch for the fact that Louis CK is widely loved, especially by A) stand-up fans and B) a lot of fellow comedians (Seinfeld, Chris Rock, Ricky Gervais, Patton Oswalt, Marc Maron, Paul Tompkins, to name a few that I've seen express their admiration).
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

Riva

Heh heh he... annoyed you didn't I? Well my plan was to annoy Lady X. But eh, I guess atleast I got you. Anway, I don't find him funny. What you said about music makes sense. And like I've said I've only seen one video of his and that wasn't funny. So if there are videos you find funny show them to me rather that get annoyed again after reading this.

Oh, I find most of the comedians you mentioned funny. But CK no. I am funnier than him, I am also better looking than Tom Cruise and is more athletic than Michael Jordan.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i'm actually watching shameless right now..he's so not right. i love him haha totally intp no question

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...=3&oq=louis+ck
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

It seems hard to tell with comedians... since the main aspect of comedy is surprise / unexpectedness / reversal I think the really good ones are almost always P types, but everything past that seems variable.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

But LCK, definitely IN_P.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Lol his last 2 initials are what everyone calls me (and for all intents and purposes my name is) irl.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    I'v seen better and he's not very funny.
    Are you off your rocker!

Are you a fan of Chris Rock at all? (I ask because Louis often writes for him)

Also...you judge based on only a 10-minute clip? Which one was it? (please link)

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    Have you done stand-up comedy? Have you done it for years and years? Because if that isn't the case, you definitely could not. It annoys me when people assume stand-up is so absurdly easily and requires no skill.
    I couldn't agree with this more! I have such admiration and respect for good stand-up comics. Which, to me, would be first and foremost Louis CK, George Carlin, Bill Hicks, Chris Rock, Katt Williams (and more). The lens through which they observe the world never ceases to put me in awe.

That said, what comedians are you a fan of?
    He probably likes Dane Cook :P *cough* CK joke theif *cough*

All that being said, to each his own!

EDIT: I attended one of Louis CK's shows a couple years back. It was obvious by the energy in the room that perhaps a little less than half of the audience hadn't been exposed to Louis before. As he started in there was a mixture of hilarity and resistance. I guess they really didn't know what they were in for, but by about 10 minutes in they were clutching their sides with the rest of us.

I always thought Louis to be ENTP.
    "You can't take a picture of this...it's already gone."

“But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?”
    -Mark Twain