User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Louis CK?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 7151617

Thread: Louis CK

Permabanned

How is he an introvert though? he's so loud and obnoxious? Reminds me a lot of Se.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    How is he an introvert though? he's so loud and obnoxious? Reminds me a lot of Se.

I'm not sure, are you talking to me or to those on the thread who suggested IXXX?

I thought INTP could make sense, but that's because I picked up on Ti and Ne. I do think ESTP really does fit Louis well, but overall, I think ENTP is the better fit .... based on a wide variety of interviews over the years, watching his TV shows/specials, and having seen his directorial effort in Pootie Tang. Also, ESTPs I know aren't as weird as ENTPs can be. Both ESTP and ENTP are quick, clever, witty, as well as loud and obnoxious, but it just looks and feels different when you see those behaviours between the two types. For me, it comes down to does someone's overall thing fit NT or SP. In Louis CK's situation, as far as I can tell, he fits the NT profile via ENTP.

As for the loud and obnoxious: can you point me to something specific, like youtube videos? Because Ne-Ti obnoxiousness is different from Se-Ti.

Edit: I'd probably still be on the ESTP train if I hadn't seen his Louie series on FX. It contains some of the most genuinely weird, offbeat, and strange moments. While I do see the Se-dom argument, I think most standup comedians learn to use Se, since they're always scanning the environment for details to incorporate into their act. Even if they're bolstering a concept, they'll pull concrete details so that when they're telling the story we can form an image in our own minds.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by windoverlake View Post
    I'm not sure, are you talking to me or to those on the thread who suggested IXXX?

I thought INTP could make sense, but that's because I picked up on Ti and Ne. I do think ESTP really does fit Louis well, but overall, I think ENTP is the better fit .... based on a wide variety of interviews over the years, watching his TV shows/specials, and having seen his directorial effort in Pootie Tang. Also, ESTPs I know aren't as weird as ENTPs can be. Both ESTP and ENTP are quick, clever, witty, as well as loud and obnoxious, but it just looks and feels different when you see those behaviours between the two types. For me, it comes down to does someone's overall thing fit NT or SP. In Louis CK's situation, as far as I can tell, he fits the NT profile via ENTP.

As for the loud and obnoxious: can you point me to something specific, like youtube videos? Because Ne-Ti obnoxiousness is different from Se-Ti.

Edit: I'd probably still be on the ESTP train if I hadn't seen his Louie series on FX. It contains some of the most genuinely weird, offbeat, and strange moments. While I do see the Se-dom argument, I think most standup comedians learn to use Se, since they're always scanning the environment for details to incorporate into their act. Even if they're bolstering a concept, they'll pull concrete details so that when they're telling the story we can form an image in our own minds.
    He s always felt kind of INTP to me. Not sure why as ENTP could theoretically fit. ALOT Of comedians are introverts after all, doesn't stop them from attracting crowds.
    So I'd say he gives off an INTP vibe (to me).

On the other hand the ADHD image of ENTPS people have is (usually) bullshit. I'm so ENTP it hurts and while it's quite easy for me to talk to people alot of people would assume I'm an introvert (ie: in some contexts I just don't engage with people at all or no more than strictly necessary, I like quiet me time, hate clubs and would go insane if I always had people around me, I can be happy staying home during the weekend without going mad)
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE
    Likes D'Ascoyne liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    He s always felt kind of INTP to me. Not sure why as ENTP could theoretically fit. ALOT Of comedians are introverts after all, doesn't stop them from attracting crowds.
    So I'd say he gives off an INTP vibe (to me).

On the other hand the ADHD image of ENTPS people have is (usually) bullshit. I'm so ENTP it hurts and while it's quite easy for me to talk to people alot of people would assume I'm an introvert (ie: in some contexts I just don't engage with people at all or no more than strictly necessary, I like quiet me time, hate clubs and would go insane if I always had people around me, I can be happy staying home during the weekend without going mad)
    So much agreement with the bolded.

As for Louis CK, he could be ambiverted. I think he fits INTP and ENTP equally well, but can also see the arguments for him being a sensor.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    854 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Ti

INTP
    eyy, dat's pretty guud.

CK is 7w6 so/sp.
    Likes D'Ascoyne liked this post