User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Louis CK?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 614151617 Last

Thread: Louis CK

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6 sx/sp

I can see why he is thought to be an ENTP by his dark humor, but can also see him as a cynical jaded sarcastic INFP. I think ENFP comics are more goofy while INFPs can be astonishingly dark and disturbing. I see that tortured INFP soul almost immediately. I think he's probably much more sensitive when he's not in his performance mode. His show is INFP-ish as well. His childhood was a little fucked up and his dad basically sucks.

Whatever type he is, he is my favorite comedian (besides old Eddie Murphy stand up) I've seen him in person, huge fan! I also like Bill Burr, even though he can be extremely misogynistic, it's just part of his act. YouTube "Bill Burr Yoko Ono"...hilarious.
    Tritype 6-9-4 Sp/Sx

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Lots of comics have more of an introverted self-effacing cynical-about-people standup routine, for the same reason people don't like good looking comics as much. We like self-deprecation.

I don't think Louis CK is extremely extroverted, but ENTP is closest. As a rule standup comics like attention. Comedy writers tend to be more introverted.
    uhhh no. if you watch an interview with him you'll see he's quite introverted. i think he's a cynical INFP... there's so much heart in his comedy
    Likes lecky liked this post

Glamour puss with a tan Raffaella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lulabelle View Post
    uhhh no. if you watch an interview with him you'll see he's quite introverted. i think he's a cynical INFP... there's so much heart in his comedy
    That's a weak argument for INFP, anyone can put "heart" into their sketch. Where's the Fi?
    Likes windoverlake liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptive View Post
    That's a weak argument for INFP, anyone can put "heart" into their sketch. Where's the Fi?
    well i certainly don't see Fe.
    If you watch his show, it's all about how different absurd circumstances can evolve greater truth in himself. His show is very self-oriented. He seems to be focused on SELF development, on being authentic and there's something just so... melancholic and deeply-feeling about him. I always imagine INFPs as characters in Faulkner novels; there is some doomed, tragic quality about us but we are pushing forward, toward the light within. I've also read some of his writing and it doesn't read as very INTP-ish... don't really see any Ti in particular. He isn't precise with his language and grammar like INTPs always are. And I think if you watch an interview with him, there's really no question that he's an introvert. He just lacks that extrovert energy... there's such a loner vibe about him.
    Likes lecky, Arctic Hysteria liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ

Default Louis CK: a revival

ESTP

Permabanned

Estp maybe even Entp. I don't see infp at all.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

His manner of talking seems to me to be very much Ti. Sure, he can come off as more sociable, but that has nothing to do with E/I in the Jungian sense. His style of talking and observation just scream Ti to me, and I can't really see much Fi, because it's like he's dissecting and analyzing the world around him. So I'd have to say INTP for him.

I do love his stuff though. Amazing.
    INTJ | 5w6 (sw 4w5) > 8w9 (sw 9w1) > 2w1 sp/so

I put the Ni in Nightmare

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by windoverlake View Post
    ESTP
    I watched Pootie Tang recently for the first time and the experience cemented for me just how weird Louis CK is. Factoring in all the specials, his shows, interviews, and this movie, I think he's ENTP. I understand the arguments for INTP but I'm observing Ne/Ti, not Ti/Ne.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by windoverlake View Post
    I watched Pootie Tang recently for the first time and the experience cemented for me just how weird Louis CK is. Factoring in all the specials, his shows, interviews, and this movie, I think he's ENTP. I understand the arguments for INTP but I'm observing Ne/Ti, not Ti/Ne.
    Louis C.K. is awesome.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    Louis C.K. is awesome.
    An awesome genius.