User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Louis CK?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 21011121314 Last

Thread: Louis CK

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    yeah i've seen that one too! (your quote)
    and this clip haha love it

will think more on what you wrote and come back just wanted to share that.
    LOL! I love this man so much. That clip was so beautiful... and reminds me of myself a leetle bit too much in how I am IRL with friends I trust enough to make the most beautiful non-PC jokes I can... a whole realm of which are devoted to the idea of Darwinism and letting certain idiotic groups of people die because maybe that's what simply is best >.>

He's definitely NFP... I tend to think ENFP based on how comfy he is in the limelight, but he could definitely be INFP. SO is in there somewhere... probably a 6 like y'all are saying. But I was thinking 6w7 or 7w6.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

One study claims that stand-up comedians tend to be more introverted, while comedy writers tend to be more extraverted (which makes sense, I suppose, since comedy writers usually work on material in groups, while stand-ups do so more on their own). Doesn't mean anything about Louis CK, per se, but does go against stereotypes to a degree. Conversely, stand-up comedians tended to be less agreeable (more T, approximately), while comedy writers tended to be more F (more F, approximately).

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Celebrity Types has him as an iNFP, but they also have this quote:

I'm not sure that INFPs are usually able to detach from their values like that. Seems more Fe than Fi. Of course, there's at least one INFP here that might say something like that.
    I do that all the time. Fi, when working correctly, is all about walking around in another person's shoes and seeing things from their POV. It's how we can have hypercharged empathy for just about anyone and anything. I'm not an us vs them person, even remotely.

@LadyX, I don't know enough about Louis CK to say. Sorry. But I am now intrigued by a potentially INFP comedian. Hmmm.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    One study claims that stand-up comedians tend to be more introverted, while comedy writers tend to be more extraverted (which makes sense, I suppose, since comedy writers usually work on material in groups, while stand-ups do so more on their own). Doesn't mean anything about Louis CK, per se, but does go against stereotypes to a degree.
    Hmm, that's interesting, and does make sense in a backwards kind of way.

I'd have issues with both... I am not sure I would like that much attention on me at once, however, I also couldn't work in groups as I would dislike people STEALING my ideas. #worstthingever.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    One study claims that stand-up comedians tend to be more introverted, while comedy writers tend to be more extraverted (which makes sense, I suppose, since comedy writers usually work on material in groups, while stand-ups do so more on their own). Doesn't mean anything about Louis CK, per se, but does go against stereotypes to a degree. Conversely, stand-up comedians tended to be less agreeable (more T, approximately), while comedy writers tended to be more F (more F, approximately).
    but he's been both right? he used to write on the chris rock show i think
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    but he's been both right? he used to write on the chris rock show i think
    Looks like his stand-up career pre-dates and post-dates his career as a non-solo-writer, but clearly he's done both... so it's all arguable.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Honestly, I think he's too mainstream to be INFP. Also, hugely overrated. He bores me, I switch off a couple minutes into his monologues. He could be xSFP, they often have that effect. I do see the Fi, Lady X.
    The observational stuff can be funny, but he's not very creative, from what I've seen so far.

This is an INFP comedian, by contrast.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

After thinking on Forever_Jung's post last night some, I'm leaning towards a very insecure, self-hating, socially awkward eNFP. His older material doesn't strike me as INFP at all (aggressive, in your face silliness). The rapid fire rate that he pings out Fi judgements. His use of a very big smile.

I'd have to watch more off-screen time to really know, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Honestly, I think he's too mainstream to be INFP.
    Amurrica!! Louis' blunt-force style of humor is very American, but he goes to such a degree that it's not quite mainstream.

Not eliminating SFP, I just have a hard time seeing it atm.

This is an INFP comedian, by contrast.
    lol. Is that a 1 minute stand-up act? Awesome.

I love the clips of him and Russell Brand together. The way they intensify each others' insanity is so very INFP/ENFP interaction. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoY4TyiiuZQ (Listing the 3 disgusting things that guy ate as "1/ Wine Gums 2/Envy 3/ Pieces of Rainbow... the drawing of Jon Snow saying "I have learned"... I'm dying here.)

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Honestly, I think he's too mainstream to be INFP... He could be xSFP, they often have that effect. I do see the Fi, Lady X.
    The observational stuff can be funny, but he's not very creative, from what I've seen so far.
    I watched some clips and this was my impression as well. Interestingly, I only know his name because my ESFP husband heard some of his stuff and thought it awesome. And then he walked in the door last night when I had just finished watching some Louis CK and he said, "Yeah I'd like to watch more of him. But I don't think you'd like him too much. Too vulgar."

Anyway. I watched the clip from the show Louis, the drug monologue, and the cell phone conversation on Conan. It all seemed very aux Fi, like someone coming into their Fi as they get older vs it always being there. Realizing at the age of fortysomething that it's cathartic to sit in your loneliness and cry? That's something INFPs get as toddlers.

My vote is for EXFP 6w7. I can't decide Se vs Ne based on the little bit I saw. But I will say that ESFP sixes tend to think things more intricately in a way that can be construed as Ne due to being sixes vs ESFPs of a different etype. I think the six head type causes them to bounce things around in their head more, question more.

When I think INFP 6w7 I think someone more like Mike White:

And here:

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Eh I definitely think he's ne. That's the one thing that was always clear to me.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison