• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Michael Jackson

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
He was awfully obsessed with his physical appearance for an INFP.

If there's one type that dislikes the shallowness associated with looking at physical appearance over personality/what's on the inside, it's INFP.

Of course, who knows what happens when you have such inhumanly high levels of fame? Lots of things could get messed up.

I think we can all agree on IxFP...but most of his songs are about concrete things and events, moreso than puttering around with idealism/searching for perfection. He wrote a few songs like that, but it's not really what he was about.

Not to mention, INFPs are not nearly as natural in the spotlight as ISFPs. Michael was the epitome of cool in his heyday, and that's also very common for ISxPs--being in touch with what's hip, cool, and going on right now.

I could see some reasoning for INFP--"We Are the World" and so on, pretty idealistic. But I still think there's a little more evidence in favor of ISFP at this point, so I'll stick with that.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ ISFPs are perfectionists about their art.

heart

heart on fire
I was thinking today what type he might have been but don't know enough about his character to come to any definite conclusions.

What is the most likely type of someone who seems very shy and introverted in person but has an extraordinary stage presence and is a born performer?

I would say definitely F and his amazing ability to dance/move also makes me think Se.

Any ideas?

The way his father treated him and the way he was basically forced to shine brightly as a child, I think it would be hard to ever know his true type. But ISFP seems a likely guess.

I agree with SimulatedWorld, ISFP while not perfectionistic about all the can labels facing the same way in the cabinet would be perfectionistic about their art.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I shall surrender and say that he is an ISFP.
I have been convinced!

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I think we can all agree on IxFP...but most of his songs are about concrete things and events, moreso than puttering around with idealism/searching for perfection. He wrote a few songs like that, but it's not really what he was about.

But the fact that he made many abstract-type videos, I don't know what S would prefer to make those types of videos. And I honestly don't know what S would have the ability to think so abstractly. He's INFP.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
But the fact that he made many abstract-type videos, I don't know what S would prefer to make those types of videos. And I honestly don't know what S would have the ability to think so abstractly. He's INFP.

You really think he designed all the visual aesthetics of his own videos?

He was worth, what, half a billion dollars and you don't think he's hiring the best of the best of the best teams to design and shoot his videos?

Besides, that's only one thing. Several people here have given a lot more reasons he was an S.

We don't want him either, dude!

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
You really think he designed all the visual aesthetics of his own videos?

He was worth, what, half a billion dollars and you don't think he's hiring the best of the best of the best teams to design and shoot his videos?

Besides, that's only one thing. Several people here have given a lot more reasons he was an S.

We don't want him either, dude!

lol I'm just saying, I'm not favoring anything one way or another, I'm just saying N based on what I've seen. I know he has a lot of money to hire the aesthetics, but I think he could have come up with many of the ideas used in those aesthetics. I still think he's an INFP but whatever, we're not agreeing here so we can just agree to disagree.

niki

MBTI Type
INFP
Michael Jackson = INFP or INFJ?

what do u guys think?

the more I look at all his interviews, and news about him (these recent days after his death),
the more I personally respect him a lot (especially all the 'artistry' that he has innovated, invented, and created. major talents, no doubt about that!)
and how i'd admit honestly of how there're definitely some 'similaraties' between me and him, that I can also somehow relate in his 'weird/quirky' mannerism, the way he talks/give speech, the 'dreamy' big 'kid' inside of him.

I even would make a wild guess that he's big probability is an INFP (and maybe that's why he's soo easily misunderstood by people, the media, and the general 'society' as a whole.. that I somehow feel sad for him,..and like I said, somewhat able to relate too :( ).

but what about u guys? what do u think?

hommefatal

your all wrong, he was ENTJ. This was an elaborate scheme to take over the world, he faked his own death. Youl see, all you doubters, when your moonwalking in shackles and bringing your youngest son as an offering to emperor michael youl wish oyu had believed me.
Are you serious?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Merged cause one thread is enough.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I never considered ISFP, but the argument is convincing, so I'll go with it.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I don't think Jackson is an S for 1 second. I've always pegged him as a definite N. I think INFP or INFJ. I'm more inclined to say INFJ because he got a lot of things done in his life - he seemed "completion oriented" and not one to procrastinate at all.

I've always related to "INxx" people when I see them in interviews and there was something about Michael that I related to. I could sense his uncomfortableness in an up-close interview (he had that "get me the heck out of here cuz I'm not comfortable exposing my inner self to the whole world" look/feeling to him). I could see that he had trouble stating things clearly when expected to come up with an answer on the spot, which is common for IN's because we usually need to look inward and think/ponder through things before we can state it clearly. I just never saw him or listened to him and thought he might be a sensor. He saw things on a global scale, he saw the big picture. I know 2 ISFP's and they are jokesters and not the super-duper reflective/pondering types (they can be reflective, but it's not like a huge part of their personality, like it is for IN's). There always seemed to be a well of emotions and feelings and inner workings going on inside of Michael Jackson, when I saw him in interviews.

1. INFJ
2. INFP

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ Heh, that'd be some impressive Se for an INFJ. Not saying it's impossible, just that it seems unlikely. INFJ seems almost out of the question; I think he's quite obviously Fi dominant. IxFP seems pretty clear at this point.

btw, ISFPs often have trouble explaining their feelings clearly too. It's a function of introversion, not N/S.

He was obviously pushed into an entertainment career from a young age; he was so successful as an entertainer from such a young age that there was no chance to even consider not getting a lot of stuff done. His family made that choice for him. He was already a professional touring performer by age, what, 7? He was too busy doing it--getting out there and entertaining people--to have any time for serious reflection.

And his idealistic songs don't have the nuanced understanding of numerous perspectives that's typical of INFPs...it's just "aww it makes me sad when people don't get along", which is a more common ISFP sentiment.

He probably seemed much more awkward in recent years because he's so self-conscious about his bizarre appearance. Again, look at his recurring obsession with appearing more physically perfect--that's not an ideal that NFs tend to reach for. They're more interested in expressing themselves creatively than in worrying about every little detail of how their faces look to others...that's insecure SP territory.

Show me some songs that you think are evident of NF-ness...then look at the 90% of his catalog that's about direct observation of real events. There's very little abstraction in any of his songs; you don't make hundreds of millions of dollars writing songs that not everybody can understand plainly and concretely.