• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Michael Jackson

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ISFP. Very little doubt about that.

say yes

MBTI Type
IN**
I would think he is an intuitive type. He is much of a dreamer, and visionary (indicating a strong N), while on the other hand out of touch with reality (indicating a weak S).

I looked at the interview with Oprah Winfrey, and at one point Elizabeth Taylor is brought in, and the first thing she says when asked to describe Jackson is "He is highly intelligent... intuitive".

W

WALMART

I would think he is an intuitive type. He is much of a dreamer, and visionary (indicating a strong N), while on the other hand out of touch with reality (indicating a weak S).

I looked at the interview with Oprah Winfrey, and at one point Elizabeth Taylor is brought in, and the first thing she says when asked to describe Jackson is "He is highly intelligent... intuitive".

Sensing can be thought of as a more cautioned form of intuition. It does not mean we are any less wrong or capable in our presumptions of reality; perhaps the opposite, actually.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Most sites type him as ISFP, though I'm curious to hear rationale behind the arguments for INFP. He doesn't strike me as having strong S or N preferences, but I know quite little about him.

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

ISFPs live in a very subjective reality - Fi/Se. They're every bit as capable of being 'out of touch with reality' as intuitive types. ex: Prince, Ozzy. They're probably the type that's most often mistaken for being intuitive.

One of the things to look at is whether their art is more sensory oriented or more meaning oriented. For comparison, think Bob Dylan and Bob Marley (INFP) vs. Lady Gaga and Miles Davis (ISFP).

R

Riva

He's definitely a ISFP.

His most clear functions are his Se and his Fi (when he speaks) and his introversion.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Michael Jackson was definitely an intovert, something he himself had confirmed. He was shy, reserved and introspective, but completely transformed when on stage. I will go ahead and say ISFP.

Ingrid in grids

I came to this thread to say ISFP, and then realised there was basically already a consensus.

Yup. ISFP. Because reasons.

sorenx7

Michael Jackson was definitely an intovert, something he himself had confirmed. He was shy, reserved and introspective, but completely transformed when on stage. I will go ahead and say ISFP.

I think it's pretty common for a number of introverts to be completely transformed on stage. I don't know what his type was, but I know a lot about him, Jimi Hendrix that is. He would be the prime example. I don't know so much about Michael Jackson because I'm not much interested in his music. Hendrix, on the other hand, is another matter. But both Jimi Hendrix and Michael Jackson were definitely shy and soft-spoken off stage. Not so much on stage, needless to say.