User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type Is Bruce Lee?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Bruce Lee

Default Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee

You Must Be Registered To Vote

What type? I think isfp or istp. I am curious why you'd go either istp or isfp for him. I'm really interested in this one and I'll dedicate the rest of the year to it. This interests me.

Some quotes...

“I am learning to understand rather than immediately judge or to be judged. I cannot blindly follow the crowd and accept their approach. I will not allow myself to indulge in the usual manipulating game of role creation. Fortunately for me, my self-knowledge has transcended that and I have come to understand that life is best to be lived and not to be conceptualized. I am happy because I am growing daily and I am honestly not knowing where the limit lies. To be certain, every day there can be a revelation or a new discovery. I treasure the memory of the past misfortunes. It has added more to my bank of fortitude.”

“Showing off is the fool's idea of glory.”

“I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.”

“All fixed set patterns are incapable of adaptability or pliability. The truth is outside of all fixed patterns.”

“Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable.”

“Simplicity is the key to brilliance”

You know what I want to think of myself? As a human being. Because, I mean I don't want to be like "As Confucius say," but under the sky, under the heavens there is but one family. It just so happens that people are different.
    Bruce Lee: The Lost Interview (1971)

When you're talking about fighting, as it is, with no rules, well then, baby you'd better train every part of your body!

All types of knowledge, ultimately self knowledge.
    Last edited by EJCC; 02-09-2015 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Merged

Artisan Conquerer Array Halla74's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Wow.

Dude, I love Bruce Lee's work, and respect him immensely.

I've wathced all his movies hundreds of times. The firts VHS tape I ever watched in 1982 was "Fists of Fury."

This is a tough call. Bruce was extremely technical in his fighting, getting every movement down to utmost perfection. The amount of decomposition and technical detail involved in doing that make me think ISTP.

BUT - his thoughts were extremely deep and enlightened, and that seems more ISFP to me, as xSTPs are kind of short in the spiritualituy department.

At this point I say IS(T/F)P.

A true toss up if there ever were one. Good job!
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro
    Likes Cellmold liked this post

I've read a lot of books on him. I kind of just took him as istp, partly because I find popular typing tedious to do myself. But Bruce Lee is interesting, I know a lot about him, I am willing to spend my time studying more, and it ties in with my interest in isfp and istp.

Thanks for the feed back, Halla.

Artisan Conquerer Array Halla74's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I've read a lot of books on him. I kind of just took him as istp, partly because I find popular typing tedious to do myself. But Bruce Lee is interesting, I know a lot about him, I am willing to spend my time studying more, and it ties in with my interest in isfp and istp.
    I'm keeping my eye on this thread.

Thanks for the feed back, Halla.
    You're welcome, Brother Wolfy! I didn't give much useful information (at least I'm consistent ) so I will thank you for the great post!
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Banned Array
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I immediately thought ISTJ.

Here was a man who despite having a bit of a rebellious streak in him, was obviously very disciplined and ordered.

ISFP and ISTP work too , though.

MBTI
    INTJ

He was ISTP. His daughter is ISFP.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    He was ISTP. His daughter is ISFP.
    Why istp over isfp? Edit: I can see what you mean by comparing their videos. Here is a Shannon Lee interview. I always put Lee as istp because of the cocky side of him, that confidence. It wasn't a quiet confidence, like the low profile that isfp tend to like.

MBTI
    INTJ

Why istp over isfp?
    Well... to put it bluntly, he was too much of a hard ass to be an ISFP. And I'm not talking about his fighting abilities. I'm talking about his real life persona.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Any examples? That's something I'd disagree with for sure. He was a taoist, and very peaceful. Very emotive and pleasant in his general demeanor as well.

Not to mention something else sim pointed out on my wall earlier.. Even I was surprised.

I remember reading one story where Jackie Chan was working with him on a movie and during a stunt he accidentally gave Chan a minor injury--he was so upset about it that he began apologizing profusely and actually kissed Chan's wound to demonstrate his love for his friend and show that he would never knowingly harm a friend. That sounds pretty Fi to me.

Not to mention:

Quote:
    “Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable.”
    I could hold a knife to an ISTP's throat, and even then, they might not want to say something like that. :\

Otherwise, he could be very competitive, for sure, but so are most ISFPs (or SP's in general).

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Well... to put it bluntly, he was too much of a hard ass to be an ISFP. And I'm not talking about his fighting abilities. I'm talking about his real life persona.
    Yeah, like I said in the edit above. It was the in your face confidence that made me think istp.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast