• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bruce Lee

What Personality Type Is Bruce Lee?

• INFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INTJ

• ENTJ

• ENFP

• ISTJ

• ISFJ

• ESFP

• ESFJ

• ESTJ

• 1w2

• 2w1

• 2w3

• 3w2

• 4w3

• 4w5

• 5w4

• 5w6

• 6w5

• 6w7

• 7w6

• 7w8

• 8w9

• 9w1

• Total voters

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I'm still struggling to picture Lee as an S rather than an N (entj).

Wave some obvious reasons in my face, experts, because I've never come across an isxp who is as active/dynamic as him.

His unmatched skill has more reason to call him an "S" than anything. The man lived in the moment, and was extremely detail oriented.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
His unmatched skill has more reason to call him an "S" than anything. The man lived in the moment, and was extremely detail oriented.

Interesting about how you suggest he lived in the moment, because it seems as if he was keenly (powerfully) intent on making the future fully aware of his presence through perpetual, intensely focused development of technical moves/skills while generating/completing project after project during his short life, on top of the active, outwardly expressive, exited gestures still makes me think entj.

not isxp.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Interesting about how you suggest he lived in the moment, because it seems as if he was keenly (powerfully) intent on making the future fully aware of his presence through perpetual, intensely focused development of technical moves/skills while generating/completing project after project during his short life, on top of the active, outwardly expressive, exited gestures still makes me think entj.

not isxp.

....his goal wasn't to generate his present techniques for future en devours it was to create the most useful, and most efficient form of martial arts. Being expressive and action oriented is actually the opposite of what "N's" are like. Expression through kinetic movements is actually very ISXP in nature. You have to be in touch with the physical world to apply skill and technique. SP behavior is very action oriented. His wisdom and words are the result of his success with the physical world.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
....his goal wasn't to generate his present techniques for future en devours it was to create the most useful, and most efficient form of martial arts. Being expressive and action oriented is actually the opposite of what "N's" are like. Expression through kinetic movements is actually very ISXP in nature. You have to be in touch with the physical world to apply skill and technique. SP behavior is very action oriented. His wisdom and words are the result of his success with the physical world.

I suppose I could be overcompensating for a lack of background knowledge on his life (with help from that black & white video on the tube!). Can you provide any people of a similar energy level/expressiveness who you can likewise confirm as isxp?

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I suppose I could be overcompensating for a lack of background knowledge on his life (with help from that black & white video on the tube!). Can you provide any people of a similar energy level/expressiveness who you can likewise confirm as isxp?

Why do you assume ISXPs have no energy level? ISXPs are hands on people, aka they are interested in anything that involves activity. Sports, Cars, biking,martial arts, etc. ENTJS like sit down and talk, debate, dispute ect, If anything ENTJ"s would be less "energetic"

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I always wondered that. Every man and his dog are infj to some people.
I actually think INFJ is an even less common type than it appears. A lot of supposed INFJs are, very likely, INTJ, ISFP or INFP (in that order). There's no way Enneagram 4 is that common in an Fe type. My money is on that the majority of actual INFJs are 1, 2, or 9.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Why do you assume ISXPs have no energy level? ISXPs are hands on people, aka they are interested in anything that involves activity. Sports, Cars, biking,martial arts, etc. ENTJS like sit down and talk, debate, dispute ect, If anything ENTJ"s would be less "energetic"

It's not an assumption of mine because I left the door open to your providing explicit examples.

Lark

I used to have massive posters of both Bruce Lee and Muhammed Ali when I was at uni, two archetypes of manliness and confidence, or so I thought. Think they are certainly iconographic but apparently Lee wasnt that great a boxer or fighter in reality.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
After watching documentaries, and readings, Lee is actually a great fighter and proved it time and time again to those that tested him. However, he wasn't a professional martial artist such as Chuck Norris.

Still, Chuck verified he'd get his ass whipped.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
The Jackie incident forever immortalized in Enter the Fat Dragon by Sammo Hung:
towards the end.
YouTube - Enter the Fat Dragon - Sammo Hung vs Bruce Lee impersonator
Tweaking Big Nose's big nose.

I used to have massive posters of both Bruce Lee and Muhammed Ali when I was at uni, two archetypes of manliness and confidence, or so I thought. Think they are certainly iconographic but apparently Lee wasnt that great a boxer or fighter in reality.

Neither was Ali. Even with bogus rules Inoki proved it.
62605_200901290691544001233229984c1.jpg

Bomba Ye~!

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
It's not an assumption of mine because I left the door open to your providing explicit examples.

Still eagerly waiting for your evidence, jixmix.

sx/sp e19 entj, socionics LIE, logical subtype. isfp or istp would be ridiculous. Is there even such a thing as an e1 isfp?

An sp/so e98 entj interviews him in the most popular Youtube interview.

Kinda has me thinking Prince might be e19 rather than e12.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I take that back about istps lacking in e-ish dynamic ability. Certainly could be him.

e1 or 8 though?

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
Bruce Lee - TP but what TP?

I watched all the Bruce Lee interviews I could find on youtube yesterday.

I think I have narrowed it down to ISTP or ENTP. He is introspective and has a reflective bend that comes across as very TP (Ti) to me. I am tempted to go with ISTP (which would also be the logical choice, given his profession). But you cannot conclude a type from a professsion.

Yet once or twice the interviewer throws him an intuitive bone to pick and Bruce misses it. Its interesting; I don't really get any sensing from him, but nor does he seem overly intuitive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCBJo90J3YE

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[YOUTUBE="y-2gEx0n_MA"]Bruce Lee, nunchuck ping pong[/YOUTUBE]

I can agree with you... Interesting that it's hard to distinguish...
I think perhaps ESTP, but that martial arts and him being from an asian culture plays a role in making him seem introspective.
He's a huuuuuuuuuuge show-off, though, and really freaking Se-oriented.