• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bruce Lee

What Personality Type Is Bruce Lee?

• INFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INTJ

• ENTJ

• ENFP

• ISTJ

• ISFJ

• ESFP

• ESFJ

• ESTJ

• 1w2

• 2w1

• 2w3

• 3w2

• 4w3

• 4w5

• 5w4

• 5w6

• 6w5

• 6w7

• 7w6

• 7w8

• 8w9

• 9w1

• Total voters

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISxP. He's like Jimi Hendrix, they didn't need to work at what they do, it was who they were.

G

Ginkgo

Bruce Lee developed a philosophy about martial arts that, in itself, sounds very ISTP-ish, but the way he sold it held a quality of extraverted confidence. His interviews almost depict him as being aristocratic about it, and his career didn't orbit martial arts as much as it revolved around the popularization and attitude towards it. He was a showman. From that angle, I could see why someone might think he's ESFJ, but popular opinion says otherwise.

LuciJr

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
I'm alone when I say this, but I feel bruce lee is ESFJ. Here's why.

#1: Fe doms are very expressive, yet can also be very constrained in their presentation.
#2: Bruce Lee is very intense and high energy. Ever see an angry ESFJ?
#3: He is a huge advocate of depersonalization, a natural trait of extroversion.
#4: His talks about "no longer identifying with the self" can be linked with Ti inferior. Although Se could also be argued for this. As an Se dominant personality myself, I can identify with his explosive gusty movements and flowing with the environment, however I do not identify with the way he labels his fist as "this." De-realization is a process in which the person no longer feels the environment, he simply watches it as if watching a movie, but doesn't identify with it. As an Se dom who likes to snowboard, when I am in my state of flow and complete de-personalization, I feel every object, its weight, my fists are my own but I am not a person any longer, I become a telekinetic force, a poltergeist that moves objects around me at will, almost like avatar air bender. Bruce Lee on the other hand, seems to disconnect with the environment and focus only on shaping his "form" to flow with the environment, which is the complete opposite technique I use. It is impossible for me to view myself as water, because that means I still have a cohesive form. I do not. I become a cloud of electricity.

Se goes external. See the rock, become the rock. Se dominants are thunderous and gusty.
Si goes internal. Be like water and form yourself to your environment. Si dominants are graceful, tranquil and quiet.

Here's a vid referencing what I'm talking about.

I think he has Ni eyes. Steady, penetrative and slighty reflective. As crazy as that might sound, I think he was a INFJ.

R

Riva

Yes, I know. But I also know he was a introvert by all means, and that he has Ni eyes. Check this video:

I loved this video. Thank you for sharing noobie.

I don't agree with some of the typings but who am I to argue with who-ever-made-this video who probably is a professional? Anyway even though I disagree with some of the typings I must say they accurately, beautifully and informatively portrayed the facial expressions of INFJs. It would be impossible for me to not feel bonded to these individuals if they ever wanted me to and I think I fell in love with the second person in the video.

You should make a thread based on this video. Maybe name it INFJ facial expressions and post it on one of the relevant forums.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I actually think Bruce Lee could very well be ESTP. After watching some old footage of him, his demeanor reminds me of an ESTP. Also his Fe is expressed alittle too much for it to be his inferior function. An example would be his shouts when he throws a punch or a kick. Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Riva

Shouting when throwing a punch/kick is kind of a karate thing. He has probably substituted pissed off cat sounds instead of guttural labour pains commonly used in karate because it hurts his Se.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Shouting when throwing a punch/kick is kind of a karate thing. He has probably substituted pissed off cat sounds instead of guttural labour pains commonly used in karate because it hurts his Se.

No he created his own style jeet kune do.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
I actually think Bruce Lee could very well be ESTP. After watching some old footage of him, his demeanor reminds me of an ESTP. Also his Fe is expressed alittle too much for it to be his inferior function. An example would be his shouts when he throws a punch or a kick. Thoughts?

No he created his own style jeet kune do.

C'mon man, my above reply to your post was to make people laugh. You totally fucked it up by telling me about Jeet Kune Do which I already know. Killed the joke on the spot.

The below post summarizes the core of Jeet Kune Do in less than 3 minutes. You should watch it.

Anyway you should watch Cowboy Bebop fighting scenes, which is the best series/movie out there that brings to life Bruce Lee's fighting style names Jeet Kun Do.

The episode Waltz for Venus does a good job explaining it.

It got me interested in it. I've even done it when I was quite small in a friendly right; not Jeet Kun Do itself but the concept of it without even knowing what Jeet Kun Do was. Somehow it felt natural, practical and quite effective.

Watch this clip. I love it.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
I def see some Fe on Bruce Lee. Contrast that with a Vlad Putin (ISTp) or Dr. Dre (ISTp)

You have a point. He had much stronger Fe than those two. Perhaps his Fe was developed - Fe is the weakest function of ITPs and development of it means it makes him a healthy individual by MBTI standards - or he was an ESTP.

One thing is for sure, he was an Se user above Ne.

And the below video - though I don't agree with the typing - implies he definitely had the functions Ti, Fe, Se, Ni.

Yes, I know. But I also know he was a introvert by all means, and that he has Ni eyes. Check this video:

Ooops the video doesn't exit anymore. Too bad.

Anyway, we can conclude that he was either a ISTP, ESTP, ENFJ or INFJ. The latter two are highly unlikely, but if he was the healthy individual as I explained above - by MBTI terms - it could mean that he could have been anyone of those types with traits identical to all those four types; which makes things quite cool.

Now imagine an ESTJ with INFP traits. Oooo!

jixmixfix

Permabanned
C'mon man, my above reply to your post was to make people laugh. You totally fucked it up by telling me about Jeet Kune Do which I already know. Killed the joke on the spot.

The below post summarizes the core of Jeet Kune Do in less than 3 minutes. You should watch it.

wow you just replied to something I posted over a year ago good job.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Could it be that Bruce Lee was what could be called a near self-actualized ISTP? I used to think he was INFJ but the more I learn about functions [which is a constantly on-going process for me], the more I realize that each set of cognitive preferences is far broader and encompassing that I was able to grasp before. Instead of putting people in boxes, it makes each person, of each cognitive type, ever more unique. I'm not so convinced of his INFJ-ness anymore. I haven't written it off as a possibility but have rather placed it right under a highly balanced and developed ISTP.

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
I've actually become a lot more familiar and better at spotting Si vs Se. Its actually really easy to tell the difference after you get familiar.

He does seem pretty Si from what I've seen.

savaged

MBTI Type
INFJ
I've actually become a lot more familiar and better at spotting Si vs Se. Its actually really easy to tell the difference after you get familiar.

He does seem pretty Si from what I've seen.

You have no clue what Si is. Bruce Lee is the biggest Ni dom there ever was. Are you joking? lol. Si? You don't understand Si at all. Everything he talks about is the intangible and vision. There are very few details of fighting, it is more freeing yourself from tradition and expresing your emotions authetnically. Not technical details. He is an INFJ. Without question. Seriously. The guy is so Ni it is ridiculous. That is what Ni looks like. He is a counselor/teacher type.