• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bruce Lee

What Personality Type Is Bruce Lee?

• INFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INTJ

• ENTJ

• ENFP

• ISTJ

• ISFJ

• ESFP

• ESFJ

• ESTJ

• 1w2

• 2w1

• 2w3

• 3w2

• 4w3

• 4w5

• 5w4

• 5w6

• 6w5

• 6w7

• 7w6

• 7w8

• 8w9

• 9w1

• Total voters

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Before reading anything in this thread, my read of him was always ISTP.

One has to be careful to not say that N's can't operate in S domains, nor S in N domains.
It's more a matter of natural preference and honed skill than inability to perceive anything at all.

As far as martial arts go, I think you see far more of an E(f)P presentation in Jackie Chan, for example.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I thought he was supposed to be the ISFP poster boy.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
[YOUTUBE="y-2gEx0n_MA"]Bruce Lee, nunchuck ping pong[/YOUTUBE]

I can agree with you... Interesting that it's hard to distinguish...
I think perhaps ESTP, but that martial arts and him being from an asian culture plays a role in making him seem introspective.
He's a huuuuuuuuuuge show-off, though, and really freaking Se-oriented.
That video is god damned amazing.

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
thanks for all the replies. im down to STP, but cant shake babylons pooint that he may be an estp that appears introverted because of asian culture

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Bruce Lee - self-controlled (both physically and emotionally, no impulsiveness here); extraordinarily compact energy that constantly seeks outlets through trouble-shooting challenging situations; huge stubborn streak and big ego to match; carries a natural aura of dominance or superiority; Oldham's Vigilant type; problems with mother-figure; quick to anger, seeks vengeance, but then just as quickly forgets the slight that caused it; can find his opponents' weak spots at a glance; selects the social ideal in a mate; Asian stoic type; seeks transformation through transcendence of personal weaknesses (basically childhood abandonment issues); detests criticism from others; learning social graces comes slowly (e.g., an unintentionally graceless honesty); ANSIR Sentinel/Scintillator/Idealist; deftly capable of handling responsibilities, even unchosen burdens are carried with a stubbornly stoic acceptance; makes up his own set of rules; Riso counter-phobic 6W5; ISTP.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
thanks for this, mal12345

for those interested, i added bruce lee as istp today : http://www.celebritytypes.com/philosophers/#Bruce Lee

Nice site! It adds a helpful face picture to the usual cast of celebrity typings found in typology books. I looked for the long-faced N's and the round-faced S's and found quite a few that matched their somatotypes. Immanual Kant may have been an INTJ and not INTP - extraordinary iq, extremely rigid doctrinaire, he had such a tight daily schedule that the people in his town adjusted their clocks according to his routine.

KDude

Nice site! It adds a helpful face picture to the usual cast of celebrity typings found in typology books. I looked for the long-faced N's and the round-faced S's and found quite a few that matched their somatotypes.

Oh come on. I already had to hear a Ti type earlier claim the enneagram tritype theory is as elegant as E=mc2. Now N's have long faces. What next? I have some other "long" body parts. Want to type me on those? :newwink:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh come on. I already had to hear a Ti type earlier claim the enneagram tritype theory is as elegant as E=mc2. Now N's have long faces. What next? I have some other "long" body parts. Want to type me on those? :newwink:

I researched the Ti quote you're referring to in that tritypes thread. Was it this one? "Enneagram has not been built by an architect, it has benn discovered, like E=MC² or any sort of mathematc formula."

I don't see any reference to elegance there. It says the Enneagram was discovered.

That in itself is questionable - you don't have to add to it - because the ultimate origins of the Enneagram are unknown. So nobody can say for certain if it was built or discovered.

KDude

I know what VI is. There are multiple theories, and they go beyond long and round faces. Some revolve around neutral expressions, eyes, posture, etc.. Some think that you can't get to the bottom of it without video. The very type galleries that were originally the springboard for these theories don't show obvious similarities either (this also goes without mentioning that not all of those types clearly correspond with MBTI). Ekaterina Filatova had happened to take pictures of people in her consultings with people, but she had never proposed anything about VI. It was others who took her photos and ran with the idea.

Secondly, Socionics.com is run only by one guy.. who isn't one of the main researchers behind any of it. He's just the first person who set up a website in the west.

As for the Ti comment, I'm just making a joke. I expect you guys to be less lazy.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know what VI is. There are multiple theories, and they go beyond long and round faces. Some revolve around neutral expressions, eyes, posture, etc.. Some think that you can't get to the bottom of it without video. The very type galleries that were originally the springboard for these theories don't show obvious similarities either (this also goes without mentioning that not all of those types clearly correspond with MBTI). Ekaterina Filatova had happened to take pictures of people in her consultings with people, but she had never proposed anything about VI. It was others who took her photos and ran with the idea.

Secondly, Socionics.com is run only by one guy.. who isn't one of the main researchers behind any of it. He's just the first person who set up a website in the west.

As for the Ti comment, I'm just making a joke. I expect you guys to be less lazy.

I'm not him, I'm me. :cheese:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know what VI is. There are multiple theories, and they go beyond long and round faces. Some revolve around neutral expressions, eyes, posture, etc.. Some think that you can't get to the bottom of it without video. The very type galleries that were originally the springboard for these theories don't show obvious similarities either (this also goes without mentioning that not all of those types clearly correspond with MBTI).

I saw a similar criticism on a socionics forum. The answer was that there don't have to be obvious similarities, and that the trick is to look beneath the surface features. So the "obvious" aspects of a face are supposed to be ignored anyway.

Edit- thanks for the link, those faces are hilarious!

wolfy

awsm
Me too! I think its because of wolfy

I relate a bit more to Jackie Chan. So I changed my avatar to avoid confusing people. I agree with Jennifer that Lee seems to be more stp and Chan sfp.